DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I CAN smell the rotten stink.  It's so real. Are you posting in Sensurround™?

Hahah not Sensurround™, just the skewed memories of a semi-dysfunctional childhood ( in otherwords a good one) being broadcast through Latent Telepathic Capabilities (LTC) which I never knew I had until yesterday morning when I stepped on one of my cat's hairballs.

Amazing... SCIENCE.

-j.

Did you get them by sewing together two Bum (hobo) cheeks??? :blink:

Good use of our abundant derelict resources. CLOTHE THE MASSES!!!

Drunk postages postaging.

Speaking of barley wine, down at the Dog & Pony tonight, they put up a HUGE banner reading such and such about "barely wine".

We all had a laugh as one of the bar patrons took an eraser to the banner and tried her best hand at calligraphy to nullify the offending text.

You sir, are RUINED. Beyond all hope. I respect that...

No no no. I am merely ignorant and undereducated. I speak in blanket statements, and have a rather heavy handed use of puncuation, just like any red-blooded American. I are ignant.

Just ask mi famiglia in Firenze and Sicilia. They hates meh.

Drunk postages postaging.

Speaking of barley wine, down at the Dog & Pony tonight, they put up a HUGE banner reading such and such about "barely wine".

We all had a laugh as one of the bar patrons took an eraser to the banner and tried her best hand at calligraphy to nullify the offending text.

::points to the sign of teh ignoramus upon his brow::

ARE YOU INSULTING MEH SUH???? I' be merely a backwoods young'n wit no un'standin' bout how them rich folks be speakin'. Do be explain'n yo'self.

Heheh so was it barley wine, or was it Bare-ly wine???

Your excuses carry no weight here. I see how you are.

Barely wine it said. So said Ned.

I see how I am on a daily basis. Let me tell you SIR, no one is more offended by myself than me. Let that be a lesson to thee, me, myself, and I.

In other words...

I have no repartee at the moment.

THE GAME IS YOURS!!!

I salute you.

:drunk:

Yes, it is.

But how does the Eddy taste?

The morning after the night before:

The next morning, I'm still fairly blown away by the Eddy. Nothing new to those of you that have much more experience than I, of course. The color out of the bottle drew a double-take, I was surprised how green it was. The aroma and first neat sip made waiting for the drip difficult. Despite the anticpation, watching the oil swirl and louche was mesmerizing. Everything about it was delicious. Mostly, I remember the lovely mouth feel and flavor and wanting to hold on to it as long as possible.

I don't have the experience or knowledge to write the description properly. Maggie and I have waited a few months before "blowing a hundred bucks" on a bottle of booze and now that we've done it, we'll do it again. If you haven't tried the Eddy, save your pennies. It really is worth it.

Pretty neat stuff. I felt the same way. The Ike did it for me as well. The $100 could be spent in worse ways I'm sure.

Am I smitten? I believe so.

:cheers:

The morning after the night before:

I'll start at the beginning then try to piece my way through the evening to arrive at "the morning after the night before"

Long day at work.

Flying Monkey visits office.

Flying Monkey laughs and says I remind him of a little kid at Christmas. Coworkers are curious. Show postcard.

Long day at work more bearable. Laugh a lot.

Home.

Ahhhhhhhh. Deep breath. Beautiful afternoon. A little windy.

Anoint Sis-in-Law's land. SIL is moving on to the property. I like this SIL.

Good friends. A big Bonfire. Kinda set a tree on fire but it'll have to go anyway for the new house.

Two goblets of great absinthe. Two goblets of good sparkling wine.

Very dangerous combination. Do not tread lightly. Darn Hemingway.

Moved to The Grove. Had a lovely campfire.

Only fell in the juniper once.

Told SIL the best way to discipline her dog is with a wiffle ball bat.

The morning after the night before.

Wake up. Ask T73 if I embarrassed myself. He says no but suggests I not tell SIL to discipline her dog with a wiffle ball bat.

Another beautiful day filled with potential. Good morning all. :wave2:

Your excuses carry no weight here. I see how you are.

Barely wine it said. So said Ned.

I see how I am on a daily basis. Let me tell you SIR, no one is more offended by myself than me. Let that be a lesson to thee, me, myself, and I.

In other words...

I have no repartee at the moment.

THE GAME IS YOURS!!!

I salute you.

:drunk:

There really is no need to quote the post directly above yours.

I would have pointed that out myself. But besides being drunk, it's hard to correct one who is ruined.

Certainly one who is slack in the jaw should do no correcting, drunk or not. Just as liquids tend to do, words I'm sure will rush out like yesterday's waste.

HAR HAR!!!

Slackjaw was (and is)a consummate gentleman as far as I can tell. On another note, I apologize to anyone I may have offended last night. I was enjoying myself, and overstepped my boundaries in a few areas, which were taken down for the sake of good taste of which I have very little.

That my friends, is that.

I also must take the time to restate...THIS SHIT IS FUN...

-j.

:devil:

Slackjaw was (and is) a consummate gentleman as far as I can tell.
He is that.
On another note, I apologize to anyone I may have offended last night.
I'm sorry for leaving you to fend for yourself in the "empty house." I ran out of steam.
I was enjoying myself.
Actually, you were Beyond The Valley Of The Finger Puppets. :P
I also must take the time to restate...THIS SHIT IS FUN
Ain't it just.

I don't think Slackjaw is the only gentleman, Brooks. There are a few left.

I'm enjoying my first Monte tonight. Spicy little tart, ain't she?

Maggie has left the wine behind, tonight. Absinthe will be her only drink after last night's adventure!

Tried the Monte. Musty. Not for me.

Loved the VdF. Reminded me of strong iced tea on a summer day.

It is amazing how much memory plays in reactions to certain smells and tastes.

Brooks,

You certainly did leave me behind. Made me sad. First you took off, then Slackjaw. Eh, it's all well and good. Plenty of other nights ahead I'm sure.

As far as drinking on the east coast is concerned, let me know about any gatherings that may be in the works.

-j.

I was enjoying myself, and overstepped my boundaries in a few areas, which were taken down for the sake of good taste of which I have very little.

That my friends, is that.

I also must take the time to restate...THIS SHIT IS FUN...

For this and no other reason, those of you that have the balls to let your wounds stay wide-wide open, and drink until your glass has satisfied you beyond memory; you've eaten your life right up, you've burnt up your tact, you've given up on impressing people. I love you. :devil:

Maggie the Cat is on to what I've been thinking. There are "triggers" in these drinks that mean one thing to some and something all together different to others. I admit to having an uneducated palate but in time perhaps it will become impartial or neutral and I will be more.......discerning. By the way, I thoroughly enjoy trying to describe what I taste.

OMG-

I noticed last night, as far as the uneducated pallette is concerned, just how much you miss the first few times around. I have a pretty good nose but the first glass or eleven around I tasted only anise. However, while drinking a few today with my family (of the Lemercier) I noticed an over abundance of cinnamon and black pepper which hadn't been apparent to me before. I really enjoy the layering of flavour. I can't wait to try a bottle of something more subtle.

The next few bottles I think I'm going to snatch up are going to be the La Bleu Clandestine and the FG 45 (?).

-j.