DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Very nice. A little high on the proof, so you have to add just a little water to keep it from anesthetizing your nose and tongue. Not sweet at all.

Wormwood!

I just hand selected 100 pounds of Wormwood. The secret ingredient of everything from absinthe to vanilla ice cream is Wormwood! :twitchsmile: Let me think about this a bit and see if my taste buds return to normal.

No wonder hops have lost their bitter appeal. They aren't very...bitter.

I dunno, Shabba. There is something fruity going on very similar to Taboo but for the mysterious ingredient, it's still a mystery to me. Still, tasty little beverage. Thanks much! :wave2:

Drank some very good homebrew beer. My best friend gave me a taste, right after work of his first all grain beer. Its also his first kegged, and forced carbonated homebrew. The Porter was wonderfull, had 2 glasses. Even with hardly any age, other than the fermentation and force carb for 5 days. It was by far the best homebrew either he or I have made! Guess ill finish off my gin tonight, only about 4 oz left, and have a lucid before I go to bed. :cheers:

No wonder hops have lost their bitter appeal. They aren't very...bitter.

No, they just don't put many of v'em in your PBR. :harhar:

Yesterday was dark amber beer ( drank too much as usual). Tonight will be St. George and Lucid along with hot wings mmmmm good, then well we will see what comes along after that.

I'm-a gonna try that Waldorf Cocktail that I saw in the vermouth article in the SF Chronicle, then a few Gins-N-Tonics with the wife. Its f***kin' hot here in PDX (101 right now, will hit 103 before it cools down). And tomorrow isn't going to be any cooler. :thumbdown:

Methinks tonight is an absinthe night. Oh yes, it is time...... I finally have an evening to relax after moving and unpacking chaos. Shoot, I might even drag out the fountain, and do it proper.

I just louched up a glass (about 8 minutes), and unfortunately, it's still quite weak.

There's a strong scent of mostly wormwood, and alcohol, with the other herbs relatively faint in the nose, and I tried a sip warm, and drew the same impression from the flavor. I think there's definite aging potential, but right now, it seems somewhat on the harsh side. I'm chilling it down now, to see if that helps.

Okay, so after a good chillin' down, all of a sudden this incredible perfumed (I mean it's almost literally like drinking a quality perfume) flavor rears its incredible head, and now I understand what DD meant by that amazing honeysuckle quality. The louche is still on about a par with La Roqutte's, (but I SWEAR, T, it really hardly matters :) ) and there's still a very slight touch of harshness, but I think that may be due to the juxtapostion of the HUGE (and wonderfully fragrant) wormwood overlayed on that pure perfume, so I don't consider it much of a flaw. Sure, the color could be better (it's more deep golden than green), and the mouthfeel could be bigger, but I think the flavor of the L'Italieene was very aptly described by Stefano as "explosive".

As I savor my way down the glass, I have to say that this is about the most purely floral concoction that I've ever had the pleasure of imbibing.

An after work Fat Tire this afternoon to start the weekend off right and I think a pre bar Bushmills 10yo single malt to keep things on the right track.

As I savor my way down the glass, I have to say that this is about the most purely floral concoction that I've ever had the pleasure of imbibing.

A little ice in the beginning helps this one louche to it's potential flavor profile too :twitchsmile:

I'm watching "Forbidden Planet" and having an LDS. :thumbup:

You're drinking aLater Day Saint?

I say someone's got to pick up the slack for them teetotalers. :cheers: This morning a "medicinal" cup of white tea spiced with a healthy dose of a deliciously wormwoody blanche. What a way to start the day!!

Tonight, while listening to Gina's jazz show on the internet (my girlfriend from back in the day www.wucf.org as she plays the best sax players ever, tonight) I'm sipping on some Junipero and pangleheimers. Pretty good stuff.

My L'Italienne has run into a bit of a snag I reckon. No sign of it yet. Is it good?

I'll empty another bottle of something and just remember how they were when they were full.

Empty bottles don't get the attention they did when they were full. Poor things.

Oh well, Louche ON!!!! :devil:

Mine as well!

I was at the renaissance festival today and missed the monkeys. It looks like I'll be waiting 'till Monday.

Running out of gin. Looks like vodka martinis tonight, with the usual lucid nightcap, if im up for it :cheers: Cant believe how similar they taste, tonight is my first vodka martinis. Missing that pine taste of the bottom shelf gin I had. But still good. Ya, I actually like the pine taste, :devil: . I almost forgot. Got a 4 martini glass set, and a stainless shaker as an early birthday present. Getting used and abused tonight! Glad the mother in law knows what I need. When she said she got me a birthday present I was hoping another bottle of lucid, but its just as well. I might just shake up that last taste of gin in there too. Or mabey not.

Edited by Nikolaus