DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

OXPA & Carolina Pale Ale. I hope to be drinking some fresh beers at Stone Brewing in a couple days I'm interested in trying the Oaked Arrogant Bastard and 08.08.08, we don't get their brews here.

Sweetie. The only thing that will be able to help you is some hair of the dog. ;)

Actually, I made it through with nary a hangover. :yahoo: After my two amaretto sours, I ended up having only one DITA, one St. Germain cocktail (St. G + champagne + sparkling water + lemon), and a locally brewed unfiltered wheat beer. I turned in around 12pm and am feeling mighty fine and blessed this morning.

Doc, have you tried a St. Germain Kir (St. Germain and Champagne)? I had one at Epcot, France in Florida. Very tasty.

I haven't had one of those per se, but I could imagine they are enjoyable, as I find the cocktail version with sparkling water to be quite refreshing. What are the ratios? I'll try one later today with the leftover champagne from last night. :cheers:

Okey dokey. I can make that. I'm having the St. G cocktail (with Gerolsteiner water and lemon) right now. I've been drilling glass and I'm parched.

Tonight I'm sipping some Leopold's Gin thanks to the generosity of bksmithey.

Not to shabby, not to shabby at all. Thank you.

I'd buy it!

:cheers:

Seems like everyone or almost everyone is digging into their stash to check it's progress. Hmmmm, who started this? :twitchsmile:

Had to have been a distributor. :devil:

Like jcbphd I made some delicious St Germain cocktails ( tall glasses, splash of soda, squeezed lemon wedge) Perfect to sip on a beautiful day.

Later on a few glasses of Roquette 1707 which I find a huge disappointment. Now I'm thinking it's time for Sazeracs! ( my new favorite cocktail) :twitchsmile:

Cheers!

Music: Annie Lennox

Tonight I'm sipping some Leopold's Gin thanks to the generosity of bksmithey.

Not to shabby, not to shabby at all. Thank you.

I'd buy it!

:cheers:

My pleasure OMG. It wouldn't have been right to send your box back to you empty :cheers: I'm looking forward to digging into the goodies you sent my way!

I finally picked up a bottle of Leopold's Gin for myself over the weekend, I think I'm set for a Leopold's vs. Aviation "martini cage match" in the near future ...

PeterL, gotta love those Sazeracs!

Had some family out visiting over the past week, we tried a few cocktails. The Sazeracs were a big hit. Mixed up some more of those Bijou cocktails that Leopold mentioned recently, I'm loving those. The Bijou is my first experience with sweet vermouth together with gin, and they go really nicely together. My past martini experience has all been with dry vermouth, time to begin experimenting along the "perfect martini" lines, it wouldn't surprise me at all if I find that I like the sweet/dry better than the all-dry martini.

WE finished off the bottles of La Muse and Lucid this afternoon and have really enjoyed kicking back and listening to the blues and the crack of thunder from a storm here in the woods. Us old farts like to just kick back and take in each note of the green and the music what a wonderful blend. This kind of day will but anyone on the mend, so please join us and enjoy life for it is. :cheers:

That's some excellent advice, ET. The fountain is filled, the glasses have a nice dose of green and I'm just waiting for Maggie. :cheers:

Well, I ain't drink'n it yet, but my 1st bottles of Kübler 53 and La Muse Verte finally showed up. They be breathin a bit whilest I work the 3rd shift. ;)

Homebrew club meeting tonight. First place with my tripel (39pts).

I'm finishing off the 2L bottle I pulled from the keg to fill the entry bottles from.

I think the Straffe Hendrik yeast is nice, but the Chimay makes for a softer beer.

Had a couple beers, a couple gin and tonics, same old ritual. A lucid is next. Man I need to get some money, I am sad to say I am drinking lucid all the time when I drink absinthe. But its all I have. If you cant tell, all I got is (cheap)beer, (cheap)gin, (cheap)vermouth, (decent)tonic, and (not cheap enough)lucid. Ohh well, the economy will pick up soon and I will be back in action! I forgot to mention the (cheap)green olives and (cheap)sqeeze a lemon! See an overall theme here?

Also forgot the finished (cheap)Rum, (cheap)whiskey, still have lots of pepsi and mountin dew, and they arnt so cheap lately!

Edited by Nikolaus

You're not doing so bad.

My college days were filled with Busch and PBR.

I had plenty of Lasala and Deva when I first started drinking absinthe. Lucid is far better.

Here's hoping your ship comes in soon. :cheers:

Just mixed a lucid with some tonic water! Bad idea, tastes better with normal water! Dont get me wrong, I work on commission. Usually our shop is pretty busy as we are a high end shop. But its too bad the gas crunch is going on, Hummer business is dead, All the chevy truck and suv work which is bread and butter, they are tapped out. Cadillac business is ok. I go to work for 8 to 9 hours. Since im on commission and its slow, I get paid for like 4 or 5, I might get an 8 hour day if im lucky lately. When its good I get 10+ hours and work 8 or less. But on the bright side I only actually work 4 or 5 hours because its slow. The rest of the time im surfing the net waiting for the next car or truck.

Edited by Nikolaus

WE finished off the bottles of La Muse and Lucid this afternoon and have really enjoyed kicking back and listening to the blues and the crack of thunder from a storm here in the woods. Us old farts like to just kick back and take in each note of the green and the music what a wonderful blend. This kind of day will but anyone on the mend, so please join us and enjoy life for it is. :cheers:

I must be an old fart already, because listening to the blues while drinking the green sounds perfect to me.

My college days were filled with Busch and PBR.

Mine were filled with Horlacher Perfection beer, and Ballantine IPA.

Doesn't mean I won't keep condescing to conversate wit ya, though. :harhar: ;)

I'll try one later today with the leftover champagne from last night. :cheers:

Leftover champagne? I don't think I have ever heard of that.... What is this leftover champagne you speak of?

It was a first in our household, AD. And it was onacuz we were drinking so many different things at once (wine, beer, mixed drinks, absinthe, etc.) and fell asleep before we finished everything. I swear it won't happen again, Cap'n. :pirate:

Changing it up tonight, the usual 2 after work cheap high gravities. Now drinking energy drink alcohol, and had 2 glasses of red wine. Leaves me with gin and tonic, or martinis for later, and of course usual lucid nightcap.