DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Abs, I'm with ya! Diving into La Coquette this Friday evening, its smooth as glass,and o so very sweet ,start to finish!

All,If you havent ordered anything in a while, do it now! This one is magnificent! :thumbup:

A glass of verte after driving back from the desolate beauty of SW Montana.

Maggie gave me a bottle of 18 year old Sazerac for our anniversary. I should have a sip, I think.

It is good to be back.

I'll toast you both with a Sazzy made with my newly purchased non-vintage Sazerac rye. That plus Eich served up in frosty 4.5 oz glasses make for a perfect starter beverage. :cheers:

I would say I'm 100% recovered from TOTC at this point. The foot is about 75% better. I am wearing an actual shoe on my left foot for the first time in 6 weeks tonight! :clap:

This just in: We're about to go out on the porch and have some Dalmore Cigar Malt in our brand new George-Reidel-supplied single malt scotch glasses. I think I'll also polish off the 1990 Rocky Patel I started the other day. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em! :wave2:

Pace yourself Abs, I don't want to have to console you in your depressive state following you polishing that bottle off.

Since LDF seems intent upon keeping it in the regular rotation, I see nothing risky in draining it with relative abandon. :devil:

Since LDF seems intent upon keeping it in the regular rotation, I see nothing risky in draining it with relative abandon. :devil:

In that case I'll make a donation to the flying monkeys pension fund, poor little flapping simian bastards.

I proclaim tonight "green Friday"! Louche 'em if you got 'em.

Sounds good to me!

I'm drinking the rest of my Leopold Bros. verte #4 sample.

Scotch tonight. Glenfiddich to start and possibly a Glenlivet next. Damn that's tasty stuff and to think I hated all whisk(e)y just last fall. I've finally grown up at 40!

Kind of a Sazarac....

2oz Wild Turkey

1 tsp Peychaud's

1 tsp Agostinos

1 tsp Disaronno

2 tsp Absinthe

a handfull of ice cubes

Shake the hell out of it in a cocktail shaker.

The almond flavor is a nice mix with the rest.

Now on to beer. Yea, boring but my staple.

A friend brought a bottle of St. George from Honolulu this morning.

Been drinking that all afternoon and evening up country on the slopes of Haleakala.

Here's a drink made with Leopold's Gin at Absinthe in San Fran. I've been told my mixologists that it's very mixable, for whatever that's worth.

Bijou cocktail served at Absinthe

Recipe for Bijou Cocktail

Drinkboy and Brennvin will be pleased, as it uses bitters.

Bottoms up!

I'm a few days late on this, but I picked up a bottle of green Chartreuse on the way home Friday evening and had one of these Bijou cocktails, made with Plymouth gin. Wow, this is really delicious. I've never tried any variation on the martini that included sweet vermouth, so this was my first experience with sweet vermouth and gin, and they go together really well. The Chartreuse adds a little more herbal complexity beyond the typical gin botanicals, and the green and the red/brown from the vermouth made for a really beautifulgem-like color. The bottle of Plymouth is just about gone, I'll be replacing it with a bottle of Leopold's, looking forward to more of these. If you haven't tried a Bijou, give it a go, highly recommended!

I'm sipping a blanche that I found behind my couch. No label. Not sure how long it's been there. :twitchsmile:

What a wacky world I get to live in. :cheers:

Hellllooooo, absintheurs. Tonight I am sipping on a very lovely Suiss La Bleue "Clandestine". I know I am starting off in the shallow end of the pool but I like it anyway.

There is nothing wrong with Clandestine. It is a fine absinthe, welcome at my bar any day. :cheers:

I'm sipping a blanche that I found behind my couch. No label. Not sure how long it's been there. :twitchsmile:

What a wacky world I get to live in. :cheers:

That does not surprise me at all, OMG. I've never been to your house but I don't find that the least surprising. Quite the contrary, it would almost be expected. :laugh:

I stopped over to visit with a buddy last night and when I was in the bathroom he poured me a Makers Mark. Well it seems as if he was out of normal whiskey glasses so I got a 10oz coffee cup filled with MM on the rocks. Certainly nothing to complain about, but I ended up pushing my motorcycle home! ;) :twitchsmile:

You are a wise man, MTG. :cheers:

Then the stuff I stash in the oven wouldn't cause you to raise an eye brow. :cheers:

And yes, there's a reason and a story. :devil:

I'll bet baking brownies at your place is a real scream! :laugh:

Long hot day, glad to be home, and drinking. Fresh XPA, Innis & Gunn oak aged beer(too light of a beer for this much wood), Fantome de Noel 07(this gusher didn't have this fruityness last year, yum)