DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

My shipment of the Lemercier Absinthe Amer just arrived.  So tonight I have a rendezvous out on one of the lakes near by, with my wife, my brother and his lady. I have my fingers crossed that it is a clear night.

MAN I'M FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!

I feel like a little kid getting ready to go out stomping on Halloween.

Sad part is, I already have my eyes set on the next few bottles I'm going to order.  Any suggestions?

-j.

:drunk:

Imagine how excited you'll be when you taste something better than Lemercier.

It's probably a bit early for it, but I'm not going to be around all weekend, so I'm having a mid-afternoon glass of Kübler. It's lovely to drink absinthe during the day!

I had a Bloody Mary with gin, with a roasted pepper/artichoke tapenade. I don't normally like Bloody Marys, the sweetness of the vodka is yuck to me. Changing the vodka to gin, didn't help much. The juniper was better, but still too sweet for me. I really like a Virgin Mary, I guess, followed by, or following, a couple of scotches.

On to the scotches!!!

~

My internet is up. I felt like I was cut off from the world. My whole week was spent interviewing staff. I HATE interviewing. The only up side was that I ran my ad on Craigs List & I was impressed with the quality respondents. Far better than running an ad in the paper.

First drink tonight was Heineken Light. Not very exciting.

Second drink is 16 yr Lagavulin Single Malt.

As for my phone. it has a keyboard & it does come in handy for checking email when you are away from the office but the whole internet surfing & typing long messages just sucks.

We finally bit the bullet, ponied up and took the plunge. Choose your favorite cliche'.

The monkeys delivered our first bottle of Jade Edouard. From this evening on our deck, Maggie and T73: :cheers:

First drink tonight was Heineken Light.  Not very exciting.

The euphemism of the day. I always thought Heineken 'regular' was so light they couldn't make a Heineken Light, but I was wrong.

We finally bit the bullet, ponied up and took the plunge.  Choose your favorite cliche'.

The monkeys delivered our first bottle of Jade Edouard.  From this evening on our deck, Maggie and T73:  :cheers:

Great pic!

Yes, it is.

But how does the Eddy taste?

Revealing my inexperience, it's the only thing I've had that's beats the CLB. I am willing to taste better but so far, this takes the cake.

And Plunger, we are spoiled. The unseen views behind us include the Blacktail Ski Resort. Life is very good in Montana, tonight.

:cheers: again

Started off the night at a local brewery with a couple pints of a nice barley wine. Moved on after a nice tuna steak (raw as raw can be excepting the sear marks) and knocked backed a few glasses of the Lemercier Amer I received yesterday.

I'm definitely noticing how raw of a spirit it is. I had to play with the ratio of water to absinthe to get a full appreciation of the flavours. I can't wait to try a good absinthe. I feel like I'm taking a spoonful of anise, with a half spoon of cinnamon afterwards when I was drinking it at a 3:1 ratio, after I played a bit more I'm finding some flavours I can't quite put my fingers on as of yet. Pepper maybe, definitely spicy.

Excuse my blunt words but;

THIS SHIT IS FUN!!!

HA!!!

Anyway. Have a lovely evening.

-j.

:cheers:

I am just going to leave that ugly mess alone and hope that it raises awarness of the dangers of multi-quoting and drinking.

G & T or Martini?

...or straight Gin?

If that's the case all I can think of is a tiny table in the back room of some seedy joint with a bunch of cats smoking cigars in filthy wife beaters, playing cards at a nicotine yellowed ceiling lamp swings to and fro over the sweat glazed brows of said card players, while they make sour grimaces at each other whilst swigging from greasy jars of bootlegged hooch. Lovely.

On second thought, maybe that's just a recollection of a past life.

edit-It seems I had an As in place of an AT, which makes me think of asshats. Totally unrelated.

Alright I'll quiet my pie hole now.

Oh man, you messed up that code somethin' awful.
CODE BLUE...CODE BLUE....Dr. Hiram, the patient is coding.

JRuined, that was a breathtaking spill.

Breathtaking???

Because I posted it twice out of ignorance?

Or because you could smell the rotten stink of bootlegged gin??

Pine trees and gym socks...

Breathtaking??? Because I posted it twice out of ignorance? Or because you could smell the rotten stink of bootlegged gin??
I can smell that rotten stink even now. It's so real, so present. Are you posting in Sensurround™?