DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Doesn anyone around here drink anymore?

Maggie and I are playing with Old Fashioneds.

That doesn't sound quite right. The drink you filthy minded fiends! ;)

Buffalo Trace.

Drunk dialing?

Drunk dialing with OMG_Bill is the best.

T73 managed not to hang up once.

Heaven on earth is poking a fire in your front yard while visiting with a good friend many miles away. :cheers:

And getting drunk on old fashioneds. That is fun too.

Various samples from my recent and diverse monkey shipment. My wife is starting to remark on how my absinthe corner is turning into the absinthe counter.

Paulaner Salvator while watching Spain win over Russia (DVR delayed). Any other soccer/football fans around?

Now just working late :thumbdown:

T73 & Maggie, what's your take on the Buffalo Trace? Made manhattans with friends with the BT the other evening, one had brought over some homemade maraschino cherries. Fresh, whole cherries (complete with pits and stems) soaked in some sort of magic syrup. Serious improvement over the candy ones you can get in the store. 2.5 : 1 Buffalo Trace and Noilly Prat sweet. I'm really liking the Buffalo Trace, $19 here in Colorado, feels like they're giving it away compared to my single malt habit!

T73 & Maggie, what's your take on the Buffalo Trace?

Well, it's no Suntory 18 but like you said, it's hard to beat it for the price. Maggie and I each had two Old Fashioneds and one on the rocks. All three slid down way too easy and tasted just fine. Our bottle was closer to $25 but that's still more than fair for what you're getting.

Now on to some Marteau. I'm going to enjoy a couple of glasses before heading off to sleep and review it some other time.

I will say that this is the first drink I've had from the Matter-Luginbühl distillery that tastes great from the first glass. I'm really going to enjoy showing it off to a couple of friends tomorrow night with some Sazeracs.

Nice work Hiram!

The Suntory you guys are talking about, that's the "Yamazaki"? I have a bottle of the 12 year old, but the price of the 18 has scared me off. The 12 is decent, a pretty straightforward, soft, malty whisky. Tasted blind I would have guessed it was a single malt scotch, and I guess that's what they were aiming for. I probably won't buy another after this one is gone, but it's been a good bottle of whisky.

Have any of you tried both the 12 and the 18? How do they compare?

I have bottles of both. And yes, the 18 is also Yamazaki. They were modelled after Scotch, and the distiller had even studied distillation and chemistry in Glasgow and married a Scottish woman before returning to Japan.

The 18 is a little less sweet and more Oaky. Nice and rich with some mossiness.

I had to go to Atlanta to handle a project at the worse possible time and Hissy is having to handle a very though time by herself. It would be great if she could get some WS love to help her now. She has always given with all her heart and would do anything to make others happy. All of you who have met her know how much she cares for you and how she gives from her heart. Please PM her when you have the time she could use the support right now. Thanks so much.

Thanks everyone. I love you sweetie.

Doing a little green therapy on mom's balcony. No, that kind of green therapy will commence later, followed by stupid posts.

I'm drinking a glass of SG because people keep trying to say it's absinthe. No, it's not. I'm halfway through the glass, and I'm going to sink it. Sorry Lance. The star anise and weird coloring herbs makes it too heavy on the palette.

Sorry to hear of your challenges HK. PMing now...

:heart:

Hm, cat litter box is full. I'll be right back...

So here's my PM for you HK:

This PM box is filled with love and hugs. I know you can see them, but they're there. Sorry things aren't going well right now for you and that your most special sweetie in the whole world isn't there with you. That sucks and I'm really sorry for that. Let's see if I can make something happy here:

:heart: :wub: :holiday: :wave2: :b-day: :arrr: :cheerz: :wub:

Not sure that was enough wub, let's see if I can get any more in here:

:wub:

Yes!

Your friend,

DP

Edited by dakini_painter

Some people don't care anymore. ;) I totally agree on the heaviness on the palate though. That's why I can't drink it.

Enough of this absinthe shit. I'm having a 40 yo scotch instead.

Kind of you to offer. But my family probably wouldn't understand if you suddenly restored my faith in humanity. And then I'm afraid they'd have me committed. And my wife would drink it.

Beer tonight, for I brew tomorrow.

Nice 8% Pils followed by a Burton Ale that needs to be oak aged for a year or two to really be great.

Now for a nice IPA (Ballentine IPA clone attempt).