DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

ahh..secondaries.

The only secondaries I am getting from my BdF right now is the urge to talk to a tree about a dead horse.

Dangerously close to finishing off my little bottle of Blanchette. I was hoping the litres would be out before it ran dry, but it looks like I'll be getting another of the 50cls.

.....the urge to talk to a tree about a dead horse.
Such a poignant metaphor for the futility of all human striving.

Or am I reading too much into this?

The point of blending is to stifle the gypsy shrieks of the Montmarte. If you like the shrieks, the merger may not work for you. (For what it's worth, my proportions are 2 or 3 tablespoons of Montmarte to an ounce and a half of Kübler.)

That's not stifling shrieks. That's a gag order.

The Jade bottlers need to do something about their corks. The only corks I have ever broke have been from JAde bottles. I had to dig the cork out of my Edouard with a knife last night. :( It sure tasted great though. I have missed vertes.

I've never had any issue.

It seems I need to give uncorking lessons. Or y'all are using the wrong tool.

The Jade bottlers need to do something about their corks.  The only corks I have ever broken have been from Jade bottles.  I had to dig the cork out of my Edouard with a knife last night.  :(  It sure tasted great though.  I have missed vertes.

Sorry, I meant to hit the edit button not the quote but since I am here again, G&C, I will consider using you to open my next bottle for me. You may be the right tool for the job :devil:

Just kidding man, I could not pass it up.

.....the urge to talk to a tree about a dead horse.
Such a poignant metaphor for the futility of all human striving.

Or am I reading too much into this?

Simply a poignant metaphor for relieving one's self.

A glass (Pint) of Apricot Pale Ale, and a half a glass. I'm cutting back.

Got to get up early for some tests at the hospital. I've been suffering from abdominal pains lately and the doctor thinks it might be my gall bladder resenting my liver.

Dangerously close to finishing off my little bottle of Blanchette. I was hoping the litres would be out before it ran dry, but it looks like I'll be getting another of the 50cls.

Wild Bill, are you going back for more Blanch or are you back to the Verte?

I've been suffering from abdominal pains lately and the doctor thinks it might be my gall bladder resenting my liver.

Le Gimp, hope all goes well there ,you're are one Master Brewer!

My shipment of the Lemercier Absinthe Amer just arrived. So tonight I have a rendezvous out on one of the lakes near by, with my wife, my brother and his lady. I have my fingers crossed that it is a clear night.

MAN I'M FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!

I feel like a little kid getting ready to go out stomping on Halloween.

Sad part is, I already have my eyes set on the next few bottles I'm going to order. Any suggestions?

-j.

:drunk:

If you enjoy the "spicy" quality that the Lemercier Amer has (as I do) and want something else like that, I'd go for the Montmartre. It's a much higher quality absinthe, but with a similar spiciness (from the inclusion of cinnamon). If you want something more traditional, perhaps go for a bottle of the Jade Edouard. Otherwise, you'll find tonnes of recommendations throughout the forum.

It's been a rough week

Same here er!!FinisHed my Ike Verte tonite, so sweet and good to last drop!, coming up on a Kübler Liter™ next in line by weekend.... need to order 2 Ikes next time..... :P

CLB - 3rd glass.  It's been a rough week & I've had no interweb at home this week.  :shock: I hate typing on this phone.

That's commendable. I don't think I'd bother if I had to type on a damn phone.

And what's with these new phone or whatever devices that download movie trailers? Who the hell want's that?

I just want to make a call.

I miss the rotary dial.  Ok, I'm over it.

I’ve got one of those ubiquitous European grey and tan rotary phones that was their equivalent to Ma Bell’s standard black rotary phone of the 50s/60s in my bedroom as a retro nightstand phone. You saw them everywhere at one point, hotel rooms, offices, residences, etc. Was necessary to riddle out the adapter connector wiring and install a cutoff switch to muffle the bell for nighttime, but trés chic!

Tonight is some well-deserved relaxation. I'll be drinking my new acquisitions - the Eich Verte and FG...as well as some other goodies.

And I'll be thinking of you guys.