DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Marteau Verte Classique this evening. While the description says it was made with mixing cocktails in mind, I can't imagine using it for such, too tasty not to drink on its own :cheers:

Great Scot, Shabba! Is that as thick as it looks in the photo? It looks like eggnog, it's so thick.

Feel the envy? ;)

I'm feelin' it here, fo' shizzle! :twitchsmile:

Man! You can almost feel it on your tongue. Really, Shabba, I hope it is every bit as rich as it appears. :cheers:

Marteau Verte Classique this evening. While the description says it was made with mixing cocktails in mind, I can't imagine using it for such, too tasty not to drink on its own :cheers:

I agree wholeheartedly. Just for the hell of it, try Marteau in an Arsenic & Old Lace.

Fine fine fine. You happy now? :pirate:

In all seriousness, it's just been busy. I was too lazy to get around to posting it. I have a big book of reviews that I wrote it into, but just couldn't muster up the energy to transcribe.

Yes, I'm a dork. I have review journals for everything. Absinthe, Scotch, Cigars, Beer, etc.

Yes, I'm a dork. I have review journals for everything. Absinthe, Scotch, Cigars, Beer, etc.

My dear God. I feel so sorry for

your WIFE!

;)

(Nice review. Yes, the envy I'm feeling is intense but you write well enough to almost convey the flavor. :cheers: )

Very nice review, indeed!

Having tasted the Edouard, I could almost feel like I was fortunate to have tried this one as well, after reading it. :cheers:

I've yet to try that one, but oregano wouldn't surprise me.

I'm sure there's black pepper in it, though, since that seems to be the brewmaster's 'go-to' spice.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA.

Except for Three Floyds Dreadnaught, and Bell's Hopslam, this is still about the best Imperial IPA on the market, and it's my favorite onacuz it's more complex, layered, and cognac-like than the other two.

I just cooked bratwurst too and chasing it with Abita Amber. I decided to try a 6 pack, but it's only decent and I won't buy any more of it. I do like the Shock Top Belgian White though. I will probably pick up another 6 pack next time I am in the store. I wish I had the beer choices Absomphe has. We have a limited selection here.

Just a sip of New Belgium 1554.

The rest is working its magic on the bratwurst.

Brilliant choice!

I wish I'd had some on hand when I slow cooked a batch of brats last week.

I'm having my first try of the Sirene and I'm really enjoying it. If anyone here has had the Orbit Mint Mojito gum, I smell something quite similar to this in the Sirene. In fact, to get a better sniffy sniff I poured my absinthe into a wine glass and did some major swirling. I can't believe I've never thought to do this before.

I wish I'd had some on hand when I slow cooked a batch of brats last week.

I didn't figure you for a kid person, but cannibalism is taking it too far, dontcha think? :devil:

Drinking Brevans tonight. I like these Matter absinthes, there is a crisp freshness to them that is invigorating.

As for sausages, on Memorial Day the wife and I barbecued (well, I barbecued and she was supportive) some sort of gourmet turkey sausage on the grill along with marinated bell peppers, big slices of onion, and giant asparagus. Of course garnished with generous slices of avocado (Dad is an avocado farmer). Was very tasty. I do like more traditional brats, but the fat content on those tends to be pretty brutal.

Finishing up a growler of Oaked Arrogant Bastard. I was gonna mix up a White Russian later, but I lack anything resembling cream. :thumbdown: