DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

T, studying isn't supposed to be pretty. It's damned hard work. I expect to find a full report with citations on my desk by 8am sharp tomorrow morning. On second thought, better make it 8pm sharp as we'll both undoubtedly be hanging tough tomorrow morning.

My best friend (other than Maggie) says my Martini Education should be called Gin-ocide 101. It was a good class that saw a couple of brave bottles give their all for the cause. As I'm making the third pitcher of Martinis, a newcomer to the fray says, "My girlfriend gave me a bottle of absinthe. Have you heard of that?" There was a distinctly pregnant pause as my guest's eyes turned to me (or the ceiling). I should have thought and said, "No, no, never heard of it." Gin-ocide 101 continued as Absinthe 104 began.

That's some serious multitasking for a guy, you know.

Woah! You actually replied to me at 8am!!! I hope it's b/c you didn't go to bed yet and not b/c you got up that early after your gin-and-absinthe-o-rama-fest of last night.

When the sweetie got home we killed the last of the mediocre Pinot and opened an unoaked Chard. She figured out how to hook up her beloved Macbook to the plasma TV and we sang YouTube karaoke to the cat until 2am. Some of last night's selections included, but were not limited to, ABBA's Chiquitita, G-N-R Sweet Child O' Mine, On Eagles' Wings from the Catholic hymnal, and Franz Schubert's Gretchen am Spinnrade. Yes, we realize we are super-dorks, and we like it just fine. :pirate:

7:00am MST, Doll. ;)

Didn't stay up. Just not a big sleep fan. After the guests left, Silent and I sat up playing N64, Perfect Dark. He pointed out, I was over two platforms behind the times. He called me a Dork and a few other unsavory names.

7:00am MST, Doll. ;)

Didn't stay up. Just not a big sleep fan. After the guests left, Silent and I sat up playing N64, Perfect Dark. He pointed out, I was over two platforms behind the times. He called me a Dork and a few other unsavory names.

Perfect Dark, wow! Being a late bloomer both to the alcohol world and (really not a bloomer at all ) to the console game world, I started my drinking career playing that game in college with roomates. Good times!

today is another hot day, suppose to be 110 when you count all the factors. I think I might start some bourbon in ~45 minutes.

I made my first Pimm's Cup at 10:30. I'm also enjoying a variation made with Pimm's Vodka Cup, which is lighter.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention: last night I was tinkering around and found that the Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka goes really well with some of the Limoncello that was sent to me, over some crushed ice topped with a bit of soda. A great summer drink. :cheers:

I didn't think about the Lemoncello! :thumbup: The Sweet Tea and soda is delightful!

OK, Elf has me hooked. Where the hell can I get the Firefly online? That's tasty booze!

T- try here . It's obvious but I am really good at stating the obvious. :blink:

It lists a bunch of outlets maybe you can find one dumb smart enough to get it to ya.

Or try my version of the Ice Pick. Vodka, lemoncello, sweet or iced tea.

Thanks, Hardtime. I'm slowly working my way through the list and sipping on the North Shore options.

I like the Sirène absinthe. Maggie says the coloring is very light on the hyssop (alle-radar) although that's not to say it's lightly colored, just lots of tasty pontica, I believe. Something a little different in the herbal profile, Cardamom, perhaps? I'm not sure. Pretty yummy stuff and worthy of another glass or two before I slog through a review. Nice work, Sonja. :cheers:

I haven't had much aquavit but this beverage has my attention. Much Cumin in both the nose and on the tongue and some bitterness going on to keep it lingering long after the drink is gone. Tasty neat but club soda is not it's friend. I'm going to enjoy learning about this one, too.

I really enjoy their aquavit. The cumin flavor surprised me at first, but I really enjoy it. I regret not buying some of NSD's gin! slaphead.gifI don't know what I was thinking when I went on my shopping spree at Binny's. Maybe, I'll place an online order here in the near future.

Lagunitas 13, tonight.

I'm not a big red ale fan, but this Imperial version is very drinkable, with a nice balance of cherry, and caramel, and a hefty, but not outrageous helping of hops.

Wow, I just noticed that this is my 6666th post.

It'll be a helluva long time until I get to represent such evil again, so I guess this is the time to broach the subject...

Hey, Peridot, I did a few lead vocalist gigs with a a bad called Gun, some thirty four years ago, and audiences seemed to think I wasn't half bad, so if you get the job, can I be in your band, too? :devil:

Sipping New Amsterdam gin over ice. Very refreshing this fine spring evening. 85 degrees F and a light breeze, 28 mph. Not gusty, we like that. ;)

:cheers:

I think 'over ice ' is the way New Amsterdam should be imbibed!

It didn't make a great martini, but I like the gin!

Lemoncella looks yummy. Still drinking Sirène... which has a pleasant citrus bite. A Lemoncella and absinthe cocktail might be worth a mention.

Today and tonight has definitely been the pinnacle of my absinthe experience thus far.

This afternoon, with old and good friends, two blissful and educating glasses of Pernod Fils circa 1910.

Tonight, with new friends and old friends, St. George, La P'tite Douce, Kübler, Mansinthe, Vert De Fougerolles, Le Mercier 45 & 72, Clandestine Blanche 53, and Un Emile.

Many photos to follow and I'm sure I'll do a bit of a writeup, but for now I'm basking in the very green glow of an absolutely wonderful day.

Hmm, might top it off with a Sazerac now that I'm home. :devil:

And here's a little over-treated photo taster:

2561440236_a6e564033b.jpg

Yeah, Peridot, great idea! You can call your band The Walter Brennans. :devil:

I was thinkin' The Methuselahs had more of a thrash metal ring to it. :yahoo:

<snip> I did a few lead vocalist gigs with a a bad called Gun, some thirty four years ago, and audiences seemed to think I wasn't half bad <snip>

Dude, they were all trippin' or way stoned at the time... :devil:

OMG, you're probably right, Dakini.

I wonder why that never that possibility never crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

It's probably because you're such an innocent person: "I've never seen such frugal people. So many rolling their own smokes. And what a fragrant tobacco it is!", said he when he was oh so young and innocent. :blush:

Innocent???...moi???

I don't know why, but suddenly I'm being channeled by a punked out young Robert DeNiro, and he's looking quite menacing, as he asks repeatedly...

Are YOU talkin' to ME? :twitchsmile: