DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

And yes, it's not an amazing photo, but it's with my new Nikon D80! :)

:thumbup:

No surprises tonight. A glass of Blanche in the garden, followed by yet another Dark and Stormy.. "oh, the old black rum's got a hold of me like a dog wrapped round my leg..."

"...yes the old black rum's got a hold on me. Will I live for another day? Hey, will I live for another day?" I guess I will since I am having a nice double Negroni tonight before I strap on the Seuss.

It's been nearly a week since my last louche and I just couldn't take it any longer. Icy cold Kübler at the moment, that will surely be followed by another. And soon after than, Lucid to spicen up my palate. Is spicen a word? No, no I don't think it is...

Sweet. I'll consider it along the likes of shat, the past tense of shit. i.e., "Man, I just shat all over myself!"

Three tough days in a row. I stopped drinking, thinking that might help. No, they were still three tough days.

I have a vibrant green glass of absinthe and it tastes just fine. :cheers:

Tonight we had a friend over and sipped some green. Our friend recently quit smoking and can taste the complexities of absinthe for the first time. He was utterly blown away. We had some nice, artisanal gifts from friends, Montmartre, Belle Amie, and Prototype 31 Verte. It was the last of the P31V. I'm sad that it's gone but it tasted absolutely wonderful.

He was mentioning that he had a conversation with some people while eating sushi about absinthe. When he mentioned he knew someone who knew a lot about absinthe one person said something to the effect of, "there's only like two people who know much about absinthe in this town." My friend replied, "his screen name is peridot," and the other guy said, "well, that's one of them." I'd like to know who that is if he's lurking.

So essentially you have a web-stalker...

They're all over the place. Watching your every move. Reading your posts!

Dark n Stormy. Yum.

A bottle of Dead Guy Ale. Found a full bottle in the garage a bit ago. I had to drink it, I'll need the bottle this weekend. :devil:

I just uncorked a bottle of Balvenie Double Wood 12 Yr Single Malt.

Between you and Peridot, I'm breaking down and grabbing a bottle. I hope this becomes my next favorite. I can't afford the other stuff for a while.

Last night Red Rocket, Triple Exultation, Left Hand Milk Stout, and

a Collaboration Not Litigation (could be the best beer I've ever had). Very drinkable for the style.

Yeah, yeah, you're the evil one!

Congrats on your run. I'm delighted to say, we're sold-out too. Culture is a rare commodity in the wild west, I suppose! :cheers:

Kübler this evening. Precious and I sat on the patio in the evening and dripped a couple glasses with that see-saw thingy. Quite relaxing it was.

:cheers:

With all the whisky talk in another thread I got a hankering for Glenmorangie 12 year Sherry Finish.

Better get it while you can. They've done away with their wood finish line. It's out of print, as it were.