DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Celebrating my biggest Striped Bass EVER with a Lemoncello and Svedka vodka. The Striper was caught today in the Susquhana Flats in MD and was 38 inches and 29 pounds. :yahoo:

I'll see that, and raise you another :shock:

I guess you'll be drinking enough for the two of us, Shabba, so I'll just remain completely sober for a change. :twitchsmile:

Having Balvenie 10 year and trying not to think about what Shabba's having.

Keith Richards last night, and probably another one tonight because I'm draining like crazy.

/poop!

Celebrating my biggest Striped Bass EVER with a Lemoncello and Svedka vodka. The Striper was caught today in the Susquhana Flats in MD and was 38 inches and 29 pounds. :yahoo:

Nice fish, Hardtime!

Doubs Mystique vs pale mild, i'm getting a soapy dishwater taste from the Doubs, and i'm not really that pleased with the beer.

On to a nice hoppy XPA to see if it can take the macerated A.a of Angelique!

Finishing the last of what Lucid I have. On the first two sips I thought, "Hey, this has smoothed out and gotten better." On the third I thought, "Nevermind." It's oddly a little bit fresher tasting, but it's sweatier and has developed a nasty and unexpected bitterness in the finish. And the aroma is even flatter than before. The colour has degraded so that it's nearly a blanche now.

I also tried J.K. Scrumpy's Hard Cider tonight. Good flavour but it's so cloying I couldn't finish my glass for fear of an erupting spew vortex. I've never even had apple juice that sweet.

I have to figure something out so that I don't go to sleep tonight only having had shit to drink.

Scrumpys makes good applejack, but don't quote me on that ;)

Angelique weaked havoc on my tase buds that VS and Kübler have yet to calm.

The apple quality is good enough that it might be an interesting experiment to get a few bottles of Scrumpy's, empty them into a one-gallon carboy, and pitch some champagne yeast. Less sugar, more alcohol!

I'm having Montmartre now. After what I had earlier it's the Nectar of the Gods.

Sorry about the Angelique. I remember at HAN II letting 10 or so people try my glass and the most positive reaction was, "No, I don't care for that." The most negative was, "You bastard."

As applejack it actually ends up very tart rather that sweet. If they used a more alcohol tollerent yeast, hmmm better or not, ???. Maybe with some spices?

The last of my 10cl bottle of the Angelique and I'm not going back. I had my experiments with Wormwood extract a few yers ago, and this is too close.

I've made very dry cysers using apple juice and honey with champagne yeast that got up to 16-17% alcohol. As sweet as Scrumpy's is at 6%, I bet it would go about that high.

I doubt there is that much easily fermentable in the cider alone. I don't know about their process & recipie, so I have no more to say on it.

Montmartre myself to finish off the night.

Turd Martini:

4 parts Beefeater, 1 part Noilly Prat, a dash of Angostura and a dash of lime juice, all with a prune dropped in the middle. Beautifully balanced for my taste.

Try it and watch the prune magically turn into a turd.

After a long time.......just had some Angelique. First the fragrance was so spectacular. Then the taste.......very delicious. Just wonderful to sip on the deck while the hummingbirds visit. So much so....it's time for a refill. It really seems to have mellowed even more. Yummy. :thumbup:

I'm having a Brooklyn Local One, which is Brooklyn's Belgian offering. I picked it up today because I thought it would be interesting. It is. It is interesting...

Seriously, the 'turd' martini was great. The prune had a subtle effect, just enough to balance out the bitters.

But it's all in the presentation, yes? ;)

Dan and I had a bottle of pre-release Angelique, which at the time I thought was pretty good, but that was pretty early on when I was getting into absinthe. One of Dan's friends killed the bottle before I could get to sample it again, using it for obituaries. :thumbdown:

I would have liked to seen how it aged.

A lot.