DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Back online after a 2-week nightmare of trying to get internet at the new place.

The new apartment is super awesome. Time for some Knob Creek.

Setting up a new internets provider is one of the major downfalls of moving. I am still being punished to this day for picking Earthstink. :thumbdown:

Tonight we are having a lovely Ridge Vert and some Duplais before heading out for a late Valentine's Day prix-fixe dinner. I think I'll have the Thai Oysters Mignionette, the Roasted Butternut Squash Soup w/Ginger, the Seared Scallops with Basil and Lavender Essence, and the Stout Lavender Creme Brulee. :)

Time for some Knob Creek.

Now THAT'S a good idea! Living next to the store has it's advantages I guess. Especially since I will be waiting another two days or so for the Taboo to arrive. B)

:cheers:

We have a place - Dominic's Italian Market and Deli (and bar and grill) in Granite Bay, CA - that serves the best damn...

Limoncello Martini

...and for Valentine's Day, I bought my wife the ingredients that we didn't already have. After spending the last three nights tweaking the recipe, we feel pretty happy with it:

Valentine's Day '08

[based on http://mobidrinks.net/drink/628, with some adjustments]

1 shot Absolut Citron vodka

1 shot limoncello lemon liqueur

1/2 shot sweet and sour mix

1/2 shot fresh lemon juice

1 tsp, superfine sugar

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes; shake well. Swirl half a lemon around the rim of a margarita glass and dip in sugar. Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into the glass, and serve.

Muito bem!

A visit to Flyers Restaurant and Brewery to sample some bottle conditioned 140 Schilling Scotch Ale.

It's even drier, and more redolent of plums, figs, and sour cherries than the unyeasted version, and I was delighted when Tony gave me three bombers as a parting gift.

The food is among the best brewery fare I've ever tasted, and I'd heartily recommend Flyer's to anyone passing through Oak Harbor.

Especially since I will be waiting another two days or so for the Taboo to arrive. B)

I hope you have better luck than me. I ordered my Taboo February 02, and still haven't received it. My tracking says it was accepted in Canada on the 8th.

Who did you order from? Oxy's Canadian site shipped my Taboo to me pronto.

I'm sipping blanches tonight. Refreshing drinks, I think. Lots of anise, sweet fennel and the coriander and wormwood are fighting to see which one can linger the longest. I love a good battle.

I ordered from Oxy's site, also. It may be time for an e-mail.

I should add that I did e-mail David last Saturday and he was very quick to e-mail me back. I don't think it is a problem on his end. I just hope the delivery agent hasn't lost the package!

Edited by LeRoy

Hapsburp. It smells of cinnamon and Listerine, I believe.

Hapsburp1.jpg

Hapsburp2.jpg

Look! It kinda louches! Mmmm!

I almost did a spit take. I swear, I really did. :twitchsmile:

My wife, bless her soul, is going to bring me home some Chartreuse from her trip! 'course, that means that Tuesday night I'll be right green, for sure.

Up in in the Seattle this weekend, visiting friends, have introduced them to absinthe with some 1901..out of 3 got 2 converts :)

Hoping to get together with Hiram tomorrow :cheers:

Up in in the Seattle this weekend, visiting friends, have introduced them to absinthe with some 1901..out of 3 got 2 converts :)

And how much did you drink? Wouldn't that be 2 out of 3? B)

I ordered from Oxy's site, also. It may be time for an e-mail.

I should add that I did e-mail David last Saturday and he was very quick to e-mail me back. I don't think it is a problem on his end. I just hope the delivery agent hasn't lost the package!

Well, just to be totally fair to Oxy, we've been in constant communication, and the culprit is likely a huge snowstorm in the west of Canuckia that has slowed things down for all of us. It'll get here, I have no doubt. I'm just thirsty!

And how much did you drink? Wouldn't that be 2 out of 3? B)

Good point Tech

:cheers:

Lion stout.

It took almost 4 weeks to get my Taboo. Crappy shipping i do believe, David was always on top of things when i emailed.

Looks like you've gOt a shifty sHift keY too. :devil:

Hey now! I'm trying, I don't think I have used the shift key until I joined this forum.

Now finishing a Babar Winter Bok.

3 carafes of hot sake, washing down sushi until we could burst. My birthday dinner, and I thank all that is good that both my girls love sushi and that my wife got me hooked!