DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

OK, I'm impressed. Got home from work; I hate working Saturdays. Had a Doubs, opened the PF 1901. On my 2nd glass and this is great.

I'm guessing quite a bit will be drunk by me tonight. Birthday party for a club-owner bud of mine in Minneapolis. VIP lounge and bottle service all night. yippie!

A couple of beers while making two batches of mead earlier.

Now on to a nice vert.

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

I just trimmed my hair, so I think I 'll run through the rainlocker.

A nicely layering Ridge Verte. Every drop of water cheers me up a little more. :cheers:

post-669-1201835853_thumb.jpg

post-669-1201835862_thumb.jpg

post-669-1201835869_thumb.jpg

Very nice!!

One of my favorites!! :thumbup:

A glass of arak. It's nice, but Kübler needs to hurry on up and jump on the shelf at Binnys.

Anticipation...

A couple of bottles of Older Viscosity from Port Brewing of San Marcos.

Absolutely amazing old ale/imperial stout/abbey ale hybrid, which is a blend of different barrel aged sources.

It's a perfect 12% abv, and I find it more rounded, and enjoyable then even the sacred Bell's Expedition.

Too bad I could only savor it at Brouwer's, or I'd have brought home a bunch.

Ever tried Hair of the Dog Adam? Good stuff. Ordered a see-saw and brouilleur/glass from across the pond. In the mean time, paid a visit to Lowe's and picked up a mouthwash dispenser. I've been having fun with PF 1901 and Marteau.

Made up a Monkey Gland today. Quite a tasty drink!

I took Monkey Gland fixin's to a little gathering last week. The party very quickly wiped out my bottle of Plymouth and most of a bottle of something that was "gin" in name only. It became a very popular drink that night!

Beer for me today/tonight. I've been in a dark mood and couldn't find any Young's Chocolate Stout at the grocery tonight, so it's been Schlafly's Coffee Stout and Schlafly's Scotch Ale for me this eve.

Edited to add: A big ass New Castle too!

A blanche to ease my aches and pains. We went x-country skiing today and then sledding. The sledding hill wasn't exciting enough so we moved to the road. By this time it was dark but we were safe. We took flashlights. What a rush!!! Silent picked up some of those little disc sleds. It was like riding the scrambler at the fair! I did great until T buried his head in a berm and I planted my ribs into one of his boots. :devil:

Nothin' like sledding a quarter mile down a road at night.

Why, the only thing that could make it more fun is a glass of absinthe before and after! :cheers:

Ever tried Hair of the Dog Adam? Good stuff.

Delicious. :thumbup:

However, Adam from the Wood was a bit over the top with the Bourbon flavor.

I was upset that I didn't have any heavy beers in my fridge other than a few imperial ales. So I took a nice trip to Total Beverage and stocked up.

3 of each:

Weyerbacher Raspberry Imperial Stout

Bells' Expedition Stout

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout

Lagunitas Imperial Stout

Fraoch Heather Ale

Left Hand Imperial Stout

Meantime London Porter

Rogue Daddy's Little Helper Malt Liquor

Tommyknocker Imperial Nut Brown Ale

That should keep me happy till tomorrow. B)

Now to toast the Giants! I don't really care for them, other than the fact that they beat the Patriots. :cheers:

Nice beer selection, Shabba.

Brady shouldn't have brought his "special guest".

Apparently Tony Romo's blunder was just history repeating itself. :laugh:

Boysenberry Cyser. Tasty and fizzy! Thanks Someones! I had to round off the evening after that with some La Matriesse. :cheers:

I don't really care for them, other than the fact that they beat the Patriots.

I do appreciate Mike Strahan though. Nice guy. Plaxico Burress is a traitor though...

Being a die hard Eagles fan, I'd have pulled for anyone to beat the Giants. Instead, I'm glad they won. Only way I'd have wanted the Patriots to win is if they'd been playing Dallas. And as for Strahan; I was down at the old Vet to see him wreak havoc in the closing minutes to give the Giants a win, not a happy time. But yes, he is a hell of a player.

Started with Cuervo Gold and a glass of Sam Adams after many rounds I then moved on to my old stand by Le Tourment and finally bed :thumbup: