DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Well, I'm finishing off the ten year old Bruichladdich Scotch whiskey while I wait for the flying monkeys to make it to my door.

Nah, not "You brew?" but "Your brew?" Reading Le Gimp makes me want to drag out a carboy. I have never been able to make a consistent pale ale so I've stuck to the stouts and brown ales. They are much more forgiving.

I usually brew belgian ale since hey seem to throw anything and everything in them and that makes it difficult for someone to fault you on the product. Funky, oh yea, it's belgian. ... :laf:

I have a porter, a Barley Wine, and a lager in fermenters right now. I'm hoping to do another BW and a pale ale in a week or so. Right now I'm working on propigating yeast.

That, and I'm modifying a Hot Air Popcorn maker to start roasting coffee.

I like Stout Billy's for mail ordering.

I get most of my grain in bulk orders through the local homebrew club.

I occasionally get odds and ends at a winery/wine supply store about a half hour from here.

I make my own syrup to use as belgian candy in some beer (Inverted Cane Sugar).

I have a yeast ranch with about 20 strains. Most are from commercial purchases like WYeast, and EASYeast. A few are cultured from bottles of beer (PacMan, Straffe Hendrik, Don De Dieu, SNPA).

2 monmartres and a K53 so far. and veggie "corndogs".

BTW, I tried the Glenlivet last night, and good call, Enoch! It was much more palatable. The other was almost a novelty. I *want* to like to drink it, but just can't do it. Speysides it is, apparently.

(edit)Let's add another Monmartre to that

A glass of green something or another to try out my new Pernod Pastis glass.

Dumb glass. 2cL doss mark and a second line at 12cL. Too small to be practical, so I'll probably use it as a beer sample glass for homebrew club meetings.

BTW, I tried the Glenlivet last night, and good call, Enoch! It was much more palatable. The other was almost a novelty. I *want* to like to drink it, but just can't do it. Speysides it is, apparently.

I have been trying to like Scotch whiskey for a wile now and have most recently been working on a bottle of McClelland's single malt. It's a Highland and I find it to be a bit less acidic than the two big Glens.

2 monmartres and a K53 so far. and veggie  "corndogs".

BTW, I tried the Glenlivet last night, and good call, Enoch! It was much more palatable.

The Morningstar Farms veggie corndogs? Those are, in short, *incredible!* Unfortunately, I can't buy more than one pack at a time; I'll eat all four and start on the next box. Beware - I believe they're substituting coca leaves for beef OR soy.

And Glenlivet? One of my favorites, and you made me remember a bottle I've had stuck in the back of the liquor cabinet. I'm enjoying it very much right now. Oh, geez... thanks, Sandpedlar. I had no cravings in life a few minutes ago, and now someone's going to find my veggie-corndog stuffed, Glenlivet-soaked carcass when I don't show up for work for a few days. :P

:cheers:

Yeah, Morningstar! I just found out that they aren't really vegetarian though-milk+eggs.

They're still remarkable good.

Yum. w/mustard AND ketchup, hedonist that I am.

Add a single glass of Glenlivet to the evening, and a low pleasure-No Doubt, and I'm good till about 4:30p tomorrow.

Cheers,Beowulfgang!

I am, by the by, reading your name sake, translated by Seamus Heaney,my fav translation, to our girls for school right now.

I rarely participate in this thread, but I'm celebrating a bit tonight.

Starting with my favorite Sweet Brown Ale, Maredsous. I have moved on to an Orval. That'll be enough for tonight. Its a celebration, not an orgy.

That will be tomorrow. :devil:

:cheers:

Yeah, Morningstar! I just found out that they aren't really vegetarian though-milk+eggs.

They're still remarkable good.

Ah, the alternate definitions of vegetarianism. Mine: they're vegetarian (ovo-lacto veg), but not vegan. I rarely eat eggs, unless they're the "cage free" variety or they're already in something I buy, but I don't limit dairy. At any rate, with a good honey dijon they're even less vegan, but still excellent.

As for dairy and the purpose of this thread, I'm drinking a glass of Organic Valley whole milk before bed; the difference over store brand is phenomenal - taste, mouthfeel, karma, everything. :)

Glass of Fou to start the weekend before dinner (ovenbaked chickenbreasts marinated in buttermilk).

Tonight was the last night of Big Ass Beer Exchange and it went outwith a bang. Old ale, followed by Old ale and now a glass of Hefe with a bowl of boiled peanuts (boiled with cayanne pepper).

Stroller was drunk. Oh wait, so was I. I loved talking to you Gey from what I remember.

Back on topic, drinking White Goddess with my coffee. This weekend is toast.

I don't even attempt that anymore.

The important things seem to manifest themselves in memory. The rest can stay in the fog.

Had two glasses of Kübler 53 and one glass of Capricieuse 72 last night. Very good, both of them, though I honestly had some problems separating them from each other (if it was not for the higher alcohol concentration of the latter). I think the Kübler is somewhat tastier, it has a very smooth approach which really appeals to my palates. But again, tasting them side by side made it difficult to point out the better one. Actually, I think the C72 was slightly better, a little more stringent and spicy. Or... no, the Kübler was the winner. Or... maybe it just ended in a draw. Confusingly similar.

Tonight I will try the Duplais blanche and the Brut d'alambic for the first time. Interesting to see how much they will differ from the blanches I had yesterday.

Figured I better make an appearance to dispel any rumors that I might have fallen on the wagon. :P

I have been busy with a new business. :wacko:

I am looking a 2 very low bottles here, trying to decide which one dies tonight. :(

Either way a La Valote will die tonight.. Right now drinking a Martin.. The better of the 2 I have.

Better start saving some money and get an order in.

I started the day with a funeral.

I ended the daY with Mojitos and appetizers at the 21st floor Daniel's Broiler in Bellevue. The sunset was beautimus.

Meanwhile, Stroller was caught on camera taking a parking lot detour on his way back to LA:

Cross-country Strollin'

2 monmartres and a K53 so far. and veggie  "corndogs".

I have the same problem in reverse. Very few that I like that aren't Islay/Island types, with the heavy iodine, peat, and salt. Most of the rest are just too... soft, I guess is the best word.