DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

HAHA! :yahoo:

I've found my mix, to make the absinthe a bit more palatable to me while I get accustomed to the anise flavor (which I'm finding myself quickly getting used to), I mixed a little tonic water into what I still have left over from Monday (I've been storing it in my fridge and mixing it with various things to see what I like), and for some reason, it just killed whatever harshness I was having issues with.

I'm going to ween myself off the tonic eventually, but for the time being it works and frankly, I think it tastes wonderful!

:arrr:

One relative claims they are from Lithwania but does not know the name of the town.

A cousin (now deceased) of my wifes claimed they were from Grudna Gabenia Shidslavich (Pardon the semi-phoenetic spelling) in Poland.

He also claimed that my wife's family (Sarter) immigrated to the USA from 1886 to 1914. In 1918 her grandfather is supposed to have gone back to the Old Country to try to convince other relatives to come here. He took a substantial amount of money with him to help pay their way. However, no one was interested and he spent the money helping them out with their farms, etc. After he returned to the US, and WWII commenced, all the Jews in the town were supposed to have been shot and all of the relatrives were encluded.

We have been trying to locate where they came from, but havn't been successful. If we can find Grudna, we would like to visit in 2009 when my family is planning a trip to Spain, as we lived there for almost four years when we were growing up.

I suspect that due Grudna was located in an area where geogrpahical boundries between Poland and Lithuania.

The bitch is, got some miserable, get-drunk-til-it-don't-hurt-news tonight, but I am on a bet.

That sucks, man. My sympathies, whatever it is.

But in my experience getting drunk has only ever made me feel worse and more helpless.

NIIIIICE! :cheers:

One of my favorite movies of all time.

I actually have one of Paul Allen's cards. :yahoo:

That makes me soooo envious. ;)

Nice Shabba...I knew I had respect for you from the start ;). I just got the Blu-ray in the mail as a promotion so I threw it in...Also one of my favorites. How'd you come across the Card? That's VERY cool.

For those of you keeping score...I've migrated to Boondock Saints and the Clandestine Le Bleu.

How'd you come across the Card?
I know a guy who deals in a lot of movie props. I got both Paul Allen's card and Pat Bateman's.

Boondock Saints

Another great one! 'You and yoor fookin ropes!"

Last night I had Belle Amie, Marteau Classique and St. George Verte.

Tonight is something very different, something very special.

Tonight I am having Marteau Classique, St. George Verte and Belle Amie.

oh shit, wait - a - minute - here!

There really is no difference, I still can't make up my mind.

But seriously folks, my favourite by far is the exquisite Marteau Classique Verte lovingly handcrafted

by our own beloved G.S., Hiram, propriétaire extraordinaire.

Dear sir, your creation is in very appreciative hands.

I still can't get the Belle Amie to louche no matter what I do and it's pissin' me off,

and I am not sure that the brandy base of the St. George was the best way to begin.

I like the herbal blend, though.

Pernod Fils ca. 1910. Sublimity...... :closedeyes:

Tasty, innit?

I still can't get the Belle Amie to louche no matter what I do and it's pissin' me off,

Interesting. I've never had any trouble getting it to louche well. Not as thick as Marteau but also nowhere near as thin as Roquette.

Tonight's Movie / Drink Pairing...

Once upon a time in Mexico - Glenlevit French Oak Reserve 15 year Single Malt

I was going to do a Tequila but I didn't realize I was running low.

The Lady is doing a Bailey's a cream.

Tonight's Movie / Drink Pairing...

Once upon a time in Mexico - Glenlevit French Oak Reserve 15 year Single Malt

How did those pair together? I can imagine the oak in the Glenlivet would bring out the silky and subtle warm notes of Johnny Depp's acting, while rounding out and softening the more robust flavors that Antonio Banderas's style can sometimes impart.

Interesting. I've never had any trouble getting it to louche well. Not as thick as Marteau but also nowhere near as thin as Roquette.

What Peridot said.

Between a comment like Swatantra's, and T's 'dishwater' at 4:1, I'm really beginning to wonder how many Belle Amie variants mutations there are. :unsure: