DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Seems like you, Shabba, and myself are into the somewhat spicier, quirkier varieties, while T is more of a traditionalist.

Well, you know what they say, T...variety is the spice of life. :tongue: ;)

Of course, when it comes to pre-bans like Pernod Fils, Berger, and Edouard Pernod, I'm as traditionalist as it gets. :devil:

Yeah, you guys are probably right. I am a traditionalist when it comes to my absinthe. ;)

I'm sitting here absolutely enjoying every sip of this Marteau slowly disappearing before my eyes. Now, that's a fine beverage. Merry Christmas to its Creator!

And the same goes double for you absinthe anarchists, too! :cheers:

creamy armpit. ;)
You make that sound so appealing. :devil:

I'm still all about the mouthfeel.

I enjoyed the PF1901 and the Blanchette.

I passed on the Eduoard and Marteau unfortunately. No headache for this girl tonight.

I think I'll have some NO next. :cheers:

Fast forward 15 minutes.

My last taste of NO is a thing of the past.

I love NO. I love the baby powderness of it. :heart:

Absinthe Anarchists? Cheers and Merry Christmas to the inventor of that nice little phrase. :cheers:

If everyone keeps up with the armpit remarks, someone is really going to have to raise a stink about it. :devil:

If everyone keeps up with the armpit remarks, someone is really going to have to raise a stink about it.

You know we're all friends here, of course.

I strongly support Absomphe's and Peridot's right to lick armpits. I just hope their little hobbies don't sink any lower. :devil:

All teasing aside, I have nothing but the highest regard for my fellow Absintheurs. That we have different favorites is nothing. Absolutely, nothing. :cheers:

If everyone keeps up with the armpit remarks, someone is really going to have to raise a stink about it. :devil:

I got crucified over at Rend Fou for saying the yellow stromu tasted like hot armpit. But I guarantee they will totally overlook everyone talking about French absinthes tasting like armpits and continue with the propaganda that we all love everything French and Swiss. ;)

Little Penguin Chardonnay whilst watching "Night of the Living Dead" the original. The film has far more color than the wine.

Little Penguin Chardonnay whilst watching "Night of the Living Dead" the original. The film has far more color than the wine.

I don't know but I find that I like the Little Penquin Shiraz. It's good for a dirt cheap wine. Never had the Chardonnay though. Now I'm just having some Joy tea from Starbucks. :)

My problem is that I am trying to expand my wine borders, but I keep falling back on Rieslings. I have yet to meet a Riesling I did not like, whether tooth rottingly sweet of tongue twisting dry, I seem to love them all. In an act of masochism I am running the gamut of cheap wines of each variety to find out it any of them can stand up to "Admiral Ries". I have been disappointed this far.

Mags-You're welcome, from Dan and myself. :cheers:

T-Yes, they have the right do whatever they want to fellow armpits. And I too hope their hobbies don't stink any lower. :devil:

Shabba- At least you didn't say it tasted like hot creamy armpit. Now that would be gross.

Tonight I'm having the Yueh Verte. :yahoo:

I strongly support Absomphe's and Peridot's right to lick armpits. I just hope their little hobbies don't sink any lower. :devil:

Fortunately, that's not what she said. :devil:

Glenmorangie 12 year sherry finish. Gotta give the Lagavulin a break for an evening.

Glenmorangie 12 year sherry finish. Gotta give the Lagavulin a break for an evening.

I feel your pain, dude. :)

The Glenmorangie is a nice nightcap to ease just a bit of that smokiness, for sure.