DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

All of us, but we won't tell. :devil:

I knew I could count on you Absomphe, now shouldn't there be a guy dressed in white on my other shoulder saying things I don't want to hear?

Getting ready to head to the Concierge's Lounge here at the Hong Kong Conrad for some 3pm tea. It has been quite a journey thus far!

Have eaten at 2 of "Anthony's: No Reservation" show recommendations thus far with 2 more to go before heading to Beijing in 1.5 days. It will be cold there but lookin' forward to it.

Last night, I had an unusual concoction they claim is local:

Amaretto

Creme de cacao

Peppermint

Dash of milk

Dash of vodka

lime juice

It was sweet but pretty good!

This morning, I'm enjoying a (second) cup of Ethiopia Sidamo. Delicious! It gives me an opportunity to relax and appreciate all the different artists floating around this joint. :cheers:

I knew I could count on you Absomphe, now shouldn't there be a guy dressed in white on my other shoulder saying things I don't want to hear?

Listen to this guy :devil: on the other shoulder.

He's there to maintain The Balance™

Oh, and T, I decided you made an excellent point, and I amended things accordingly. :cheers:

What am I drinking tonight? Calvados.

Until this evening I had no idea what this stuff was. A friend brought me a bottle back from France and told me it was "cider." So tonight the SO and I decided to have some.

Assuming it was, as he said, cider, I popped the T cork and poured 1/2 the bottle in her glass and the other 1/2 in mine. Then we took a sip. Holy poop on a stick, I had no idea it was 40% apple brandy! It sorta tastes like fermented apples and bandaids.

More Belle Amie, duh.

I had to, you see, I swear, I promised the winner of last nights taste-off that I'd visit it again today.

Yeah...yeah, that's the ticket! :twitchsmile:

Gekkeikan Sake. Meh, it takes more than one glass for me to tolerate sake after not having any for a while. On top of that, I'm pretty sure this is the Mad Dog of Sakes. Pretty label though.

I bottled four cases of beer tonight.

(1) 22oz bombers of UberMalzgetränk (12% Malt Liquor for a beer exchange),

(2) Night Terror (9% Delerium Tremens like beer)

(3) Night Terror 1214 (Same with chimay yeast instead of DT Culture)

(4) Belgian Special 8% Wheat Dobblebock that got accidentally pitched with Saison yeast

When I bottle (Counter Pressure) I occasionally take a sample just for quality control.

Now I'm finishing the night with Old Scratch from Flying Dog.

I started off the night with a Kübler 53 with one sugar and about 1/3 absinthe to water. Then I made myself a sazerac with the 53 and some old overholt. Next I had a Death in the afternoon with Asti and the 53, finished off with another glass of 1/3 Kübler. I think that my typing is still fairly decent after all that if I say so myself. All the while watching Donnie Darko with my little sister.

Gekkeikan Sake. Meh, it takes more than one glass for me to tolerate sake after not having any for a while. On top of that, I'm pretty sure this is the Mad Dog of Sakes. Pretty label though.

I've been mixing sake with mango lemonade. It's great.

Tonight I'm going to try a blanche after some hot milk...

-- T

As the drink of the evening last night was in the form of pain pills :thumbdown: ..................today it's sweet and spicy tea. Quite strong and hot. :)

Although a smidge off topic, I hope everyone is braced, well-stocked and ready for the holidays. :cheers:

Took the train to Manhattan today for a client meeting. Was a good day. Had a late breakfast at the Rainbow Room with my client while we talked business, then met up with the esteemed Brooks for lunch across the street! Great to se you again Brooks!

Also, for a Scotch man, no trip to Manhattan is complete without a pilgrimage to Park Ave. Liquor. They have more than 400 different varieties, along with offering Lucid and Kübler.

After sampling many Scotches, I picked up bottles of Invergordon 40 y.o., Compass Box Canto Cask 46, Port Ellen 24 y.o. and Glenfarclas 1968.

My wife is gonna kill me. :)

My wife is gonna kill me. :)

I'll bet it's worth it. ;)

Right now I'm having my 2nd Sazerac of the night. :cheers:

Nice tree, MTG. :thumbup: Is that a glass of Frankie Guy?

And speaking of something special at Christmas, I received a notice from the USPS. They have a package for me from LdF! I wonder what it could be? I love Christmas! :dribble:

:g: :unsure: :twitchsmile: Bouncing between VdF and BdF this Pre-Holiday Friday nite...

Hopefully the St. George is on the way today... B)