DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Had another glass each of the Roquette, and the Mystique.

The flavor didn't quite blow me away quite as much as it had the night before, but I still found it savory, and delicious, whereas the Doubs seemed a little more balanced, and perhaps even more delicious...must be my extreme partiality to that fragrantly killer Pontarlier wormwood.

Indeed, you are! :cheers:

I still have to drive to work. After one drink, even that early, I don't even feel it. But of course I don't have it until after breakfast. :) It always wakes me up and opens my senses. Especially if it's something extremely fragrant.

I don't doubt you choose well and wisely. I'm thinking there are a few professions that probably shouldn't have that morning glass of absinthe:

School Bus Drivers

Surgeons

Airline Pilots

Presidents...wait! It might be a good idea! ;)

I'm sure there are a few more.

How about resident internists? We don't have to cut anyone's belly open, but then again giving someone too much morphine can have its down sides.....one little slip in placing the decimal point can sometimes make for a pretty bad day. :twitchsmile:

Had another glass each of the Roquette, and the Mystique.

And another of each this evening.

The Doubs is really reminding me more and more of a cross between a Nimes, and a Besançon, while the Roquette just keeps reminding me of itself...my favorite really depends on the mood, I've decided.

Just some wine to drown my sorrows after that LSU game. What a shame!

Lost 200 on that freakin' game. It was exhausting!

Yeah, LSU, particularly the defense, really didn't show up and the offense took awhile but, that's the way the game goes! No biggie. I'll get over it.

Prototype 27 while I watch the weather. It's snowing 15 miles north of us and heading our way. I'll probably have to wear shoes tomorrow. ;)

I'm planning on opening one of my new Cinnamon Oatmeal Stouts and a glass or 3 of La Valote Martin 72.

Counting the minutes before i get out of work.

A glass of Brut d'alambic and then something out of a bottle that some crazy person attacked with masking tape. I really like Brut d'alambic but I think the masking tape wins. :devil:

Kübler 53 here.. 2 or 3 of them while I try picking the turkey clean and packaging it...

I suspect I am trying to kill knee pain. I will never shop black friday again; but the shopping is done..

maybe one more.. while I play with my new iPhone ;)

:cheers:

Peppermint tea. I did not leave my home on Black Friday. I don't like crowds. I hung with the pup and watched TV. The documentary channel followed by The Dirty Dozen on AMC. A nice lazy day.

I'm guessing a lot like recent Chartreuse.

I've had 30s vintage, and it's very similar to today's vintage...well, more like today's vintage V.E.P., perhaps.

Sipping some B&B. Beginning to look like that's going to be the "to-do" list for the day. May as well relax now, next weekend is an ass kicker...................Christmas fair. :twitchsmile:

More Roquette tonight, and it's as sublime as I remembered from night one.

I must've been more into the wormwood finish of the Doubs yesterday. :twitchsmile:

As do I, it's an absolute citric/woody, and hoppy gem.

Along with Ballantine's IPA, it was probably the beer that had the most influence on the early craft breweries in the U.S. Bert Grant's original IPA was definitely inspired by it, although it was even hoppier, and with its Pilsener malt base, it was almost too astringent to actually enjoy, although I pretended to do so, on a regular basis, at The Blue Moon Tavern in Seattle, along with a hoarde of dyed-in-the-wool hophead bikers, back in '83-'85.