DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Moylan's Ryan O'Sullivan Imperial Stout.

Pretty good stuff, but not in a league with The Abyss, or Bell's Expedition.

If only it were as good as the name is long.

Can't wait until those monkeys arrive with my Doubs, and Roquette, so I can have Leroy's kinda fun. :yahoo:

I'm gonna do everything in my East Coast power to get me somadat Abyss this year, nah heyah? ;)

Dat soun' purty neah lahk a garontee, an' I wish you da best o' luck deah, Cap'n K.! :cheers:

Damn holiday weekends.

I would've thought you'd be enjoying your order by now, Chris.

Methinks those avian simians need a whippin'. :devil:

A friend I haven't seen in over twenty years dropped by. I introduced him to absinthe.

First a couple hand crafted beers then on to a couple HG's and finally a couple glasses of PF1914.

Good company and quality absinthe makes for a damn enjoyable evening.

I showed him a bottle of 1901 but we never got around to samplin' it. Hmmmm, go figure. ;)

Probably the best evening at home in months.

Cheers!

I just checked The Abyss's ratings on ratebeer.com, and was shocked to find it off the list entirely...when I looked it up individually, I noticed the dreaded (RETIRED) next to its name.

Hopefully, this is a mistake, but if not, it looks like nobody will be scoring any 2007-2008 stuff this season. :thumbdown:

Well, as far as The Abyss goes, their website today is where it counts. :cheers:

I just checked The Abyss's ratings on ratebeer.com, and was shocked to find it off the list entirely...when I looked it up individually, I noticed the dreaded (RETIRED) next to its name.

Hopefully, this is a mistake, but if not, it looks like nobody will be scoring any 2007-2008 stuff this season. :thumbdown:

I know whar sum is.

Good, then it must be a mistake.

Ratebeer has pulled that sort of dumass gaffe before, and then unretired the same beer.

Hell, it happened with Dark Lord Imperial Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, even, and ranked #3.

Last evening I shared a growler of IPA from the Red Car brewery in Torrence. It was comfortable. The people I was with made the stuff very nice. I'm such a puss when it comes to beer.

Followed that with a numbered verte. Somewhere between Trul 1792 and PF1901 in quality. B)

Started with beer, moving on to absinthe, and later on whisky.

I sprained my ankle on Tuesday and had to take two days off from work. Tomorrow I'm going back and don't want to, even though I lost a LOT of money by being off. I can walk now but it hurts like hell; my shift is 9.5 hours long, all on my feet. While I was gone a new hire got the management job I was originally hired to fill (yet not immediately placed in because they wanted to "ease" me into the responsibilities, as though I didn't have experience already).

I tell you, when it rains it pours.

Pimm's cup, and "Free to be You and Me" with the kiddoes.

I love Pimm's and I love the little puppet babies in FTBYAM. The movie and the songs bring back fond memories of my childhood.

Sorry to hear of your run of bad luck, Peridot. Let's hope the rain stops soon!

I sprained my ankle on Tuesday and had to take two days off from work. Tomorrow I'm going back and don't want to, even though I lost a LOT of money by being off. I can walk now but it hurts like hell; my shift is 9.5 hours long, all on my feet.

Hook and Ladder Pinot Noir for now. Had a very long 12 hour seminar at the Duke Mansion here in Charlotte but food was provided all day so not too bad.

Peridot, be careful of that fine line because should you work on your feet tomorrow, you may very well exacerbate the situation with your ankle. Double edged sword but ya gotta look out for your health FIRST. Last thing you want to do is make it worse.

I remember being excited for that first snow flake in the Chicago autumn. I DO miss that, much like your anticipation, Maggie. (although the coldest recorded temperature here in the Charlotte area has been just -5 degrees Fahrenheit so please, don't guffaw).
I love all the seasons. It snowed today! It melted soon enough but it showed promise. I'm ready to break out the skis. I just have to be patient. I also remember my coldest winter being in Mississippi. North Dakota doesn't have anything on 45 degrees and 98% humidity.
Maggie, don't be jealous, you might have to endure a lecture from the old man. Seriously, enough snow, enough forecast for the coming days, enough sleds and never enough kids or enthusiasm on the hill. C'mon on over. :cheers:

Oh, and enough absinthe. Unless you bring the old man, who's more than welcome, but better bring his own bottle(s). ;)

And I'll be sure to cook up something offal.

We've got to get that transporter figured out. I'd even try the offal. ;)
I sprained my ankle on Tuesday .

I tell you, when it rains it pours.

Indeed. Take care. This too shall pass (my favorite mantra during hard times) and in the meantime our thoughts are with you.

I also remember my coldest winter being in Mississippi. North Dakota doesn't have anything on 45 degrees and 98% humidity.

I'm glad you recognized that! It is a bone chilling cold that is like no other! Brrr!

Well, I woke up to warm temps but rain and when I left the Duke Mansion this eve, it was barely 40 and windy! Old Man Winter has his foot in the door!

Rangpur on the rocks. About as good as Wet on the rocks. For gin, not too shabby.