DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Tell me how it compares after you've tried it.

They only have Razzouk in this backwater State.

I haven't tried the King of Arak (although the name scares me a bit), but I can say

Ksarak is smoother, and a little more flavorful than Razzouk.

It must be the two years of aging, instead of the more typical six months.

There has been so much subsitute talk here lately ... I don't care for vaguely absinthe-like subsitutes, but I got inspired to try and see if it was actually possible to drink something else, so I made a martini while watching a documentary on TV about Rembrandt's paintings. I survived and had another one while cooking. Stirred (with an absinthe spoon), not shaken, and strained through a brouille.

Washed the dinner down with a nice, smooth Amarone which I'm finishing right now.

Ksarak is smoother, and a little more flavorful than Razzouk.

Ksarak is definately the best of the 3 or 4 (including Raki) that I've tried. It's very good.

Tonight's going to be all about Hendrick's G&T's.

BDF tonight. Funny, but when I opened this bottle back in October I didn't care if I ever had it again. Now I have to say it's not that bad.

Starting off with a glass of Ike. Took about 6 minutes to louche with cold spring water. Gorgeous. Turned clear on bottom as the top got thinner. Neat pictures.

Second glass of Ike. Nice

First glass of Jade Ed, nice but I'm noticing the things that were described such as a funk or not as smooth in character as the Ike.

I do hope I'm catching on.

I truly enjoy this.

The Eddie is good, until compared with a better drink. Then the funk really stands out. The NO is better.

I also have been drinking the BdF more a finding it to be better, Stroller. I guess when you drink a little LaFee or Kallnacher, it becomes easier, Crap, Sixela is gonna nail me for my lack of grammer, but I be drunk.

Birthday drinkin'

BdF, Clandestine, NO, some Red Tape Ale, Yea!

Maybe we can skate being it's a party and all.

happy b'day ...i'm joining you in your celebration plunger.

i'm out of N.O.

I am well armed with drink though.

trying to stay on the same level as the WS shindig.

Being well armed is half the battle. Unfortunatly the folks at the WS will be drunker than a convention of Irishmen that had just won the lottery.

Stroller, I will accept that responsibility; I will be blaming myself for the same thing.

And I'm merely comfortably numb.

In good spirits.

Slurring juuuuust a tad.

please, don't count off for expression.

Thank you.

:drunk:

UE Sapin followed by Kallnacher. 'Must say the UE seemed thin when compared to the Kallnacher. The more I try the Kallnacher, the more I appreciate the wormwood. Some don't like it up front and center (too bitter?), so push sugar to soften the bite. The Kallnacher has a great balance between the existing mouthfeel, inherent "sweetness" and the wormwood. Then again, I don't use sugar and actually prefer the bitter end of the spectrum. Glad I bought 2 bottles of the Kallnacher last Fall... Won't last long at this rate.

Being well armed is half the battle. Unfortunatly the folks at the WS will be drunker than a convention of Irishmen that had just won the lottery.

Stroller, I will accept that responsibility; I will be blaming myself for the same thing.

Yeah, but you will be on land, I'll be out in the Pacific. :dribble:

I'm glad someone else likes the Kallnacher. It's thin but tastes good. Pensieve and I have had a wonderful evening with Maggie the Cat and Theater 73. Two more "turned out to not be axe murderers" to add to the list. Thanks to them we got to try the Ike and Elixer du Payes de Fees tonight for the first time and (no surprise) I liked them both very much. Pensieve found the Elixer to be "plastic" and the Ike "spicy" but good. Very pleasant evening.

:cheers:

The Blanchette was pretty nice. It's a wormwood bomb, which suits me just fine. I don't know if it's a quantity thing or simply a more flavorful variety, but I suspect the latter. There's a nice herbal flavor there that I haven't tasted in a CO before. I'll give it a full review later.

whizz: Oh, I tasted every last drop. Problem is, after about 10 glasses, they all run together in my memory. I should have been taking notes!

Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA with dinner. (Thanks ShaiHulud) Nice!

Time to give the Kallnacher a fresh tasting. Or maybe, the Ike.

Goodness gracious. Scotch, plus some scotch, a wee draught more, and some scotch to follow. All blended of course. That single malt is indeed ,as Hiram said a little too iodine-ish for me, non-drinklable,as it were. Too bad I bought more than one bottle. I wanted to be a bad-ass with the single-malt, but goodness, it's not for me. Whew-Lamphraiogh! I know not (at this particular moment)how thou art spelled-only that thou art too strong for me!Two draughts is one too many for me. So it is to thine bastard sibling, Blended that I turn.

xoxo

sand

This thread works best with any and all errors made whilst drinking. Forgivness should be in order on Sixela's part.

NO while preparing dinner (Chicken n dumplins).

I've been reading Scotch Ale, #8 in the Classic Beer Style Series by Greg Noonan and just happened to have a bottle of Cleldonian Golden Promise in the backof the refrigerator. So, I started my nightly beer with it.

Now I'm drinking shitty belgian doubble. I know I can brew better than this.