DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Had a friend over. Draft Cider, Rogue Brutal Bitter, Tozai Well of Wisdom Sake, Knob Creek, Oban 14, Glenmorangie 10, The Macallan 12, The Balvenie 12 Doublewood, and The Balvenie 21 Portwood were all consumed tonight.

An excellent sampling of the Edpdf, and then some yellow Chartreuse with cola. ;)

Just kidding Maggie- it was with club soda. ;) :devil:

I drove 194 miles, round trip, for work today! :thumbdown:

Drinking a Dogdfish Head 90 min. IPA.

Yummy!! :cheers:

I did a catering gig for 3 hours after work and pocketed $100.

Now I'm going to drink some absinthe, followed by some whisky.

I'm tired as hell, my feet and stomach hurt, my back is killing me, and I'm feeling on top of the world. :thumbup:

I had some Mathilde peach liqueur earlier tonight, and some scumi syrah now. And I'm looking forward to some weekend absinthe. :cheers:

A finger of Dalmore after work today, then a pint of Boddingtons with my fish and chips for dinner.

Now I'm working on a wonderful bottle of Duchesse de Bourgogne.

Later this evening I will submit myself to a tasting of Le Fantome Verte.

Boiling a corned beef brisket in some Flying Dog Dogtoberfest while sipping Bulleit Bourbon and playing on my new (old) accordion.

Take that Frankie Yankovic! :cheers:

Side by side tasting of nicely aged Abyss vs. Bell's Expedition.

Bell's wins, hands down for those oh-so-smooth chocolate, toffee, coffee, and dark fruit flavors, which have melded so beautifully.

The Abyss is still a winner, but the roastiness has become even more pronounced, giving it a burnt edge.

I don't know yet. What should I drink? I have to wake up at 10am to work out with a trainer so I have to keep that in mind.

hmmm

That leaves wine, wine or wine?

I should stay away from the Goldschlager.

I'm keeping a lookout for Abyss becoming available again.

Btw, The Abyss is the tentative title for the next Peridot Elixir album. Not named after the beer, but if I could get ahold of some before finishing recording that would make it perfect.

I am having a martini, a Plymouth martini from my fine friends from New Mexico.

Next up, Boomsma Jonge or Damrak just because I've never tried them.

My girlfriend accidentally used the Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale in the corned beef instead of the Flying Dog. I had put the bottles in the Flying Dog box to conserve shelf space in the fridge and she didn't look at the individual bottle labels.

It's actually the best corned beef I've ever had.

I'm going to drink the hell out of some whisky tonight because I have to go to bed early and there's no way it's happening unless I do. Working 5:00AM to 4:00PM tomorrow.

I am having a martini, a Plymouth martini from my fine friends from New Mexico.

:cheers:

I'm having a glass of VdF, to start with.

My simple answer is a chilled Blanche de Fougerolles which was preceded hard on the heels of a Clandestine plus half a sugar. Since I've had almost nothing to eat today, I'm feeling slightly tipsy. Time for bed as soon as I finish my BdF. Hmmm, BDF...

As the night wore on I enjoyed a yellow Chartreuse and soda and some scumi shiraz.

Just kidding Maggie, it was Chartreuse and cola. ;)

Hey Stomp! Good to see you.

I'll toast your evil lookin' self with a Boomsma Jonge martini.

Boomsma Jonge: Heavy juniper up front but it gets very crisp and clean in the finish.

A glass of APA while making dinner (home made Crab Cakes, Swordfish with lemon and butter, salad with fresh home grown tomatoes, and fried okra), then on to a nice dry martini with home made orange bitters (finally got it right), now on to a glass of 'Absinthe Bugger' (Berger clone).

Any bets on the Rookies vs the BoSocks tonight?

I still don't like Chardonnay that much.

Not a fan of the oak monster (aka overoaked chards)? Me neither. :thumbdown:

As for me, I just had a Rogue Morimoto Soba Ale with a whole mess o' sushi (rainbow roll, soft shell crab, spicy tuna). Now the SO and I are splitting a bottle of Belle Glos' Oeil de Perdrix Pinot Noir Blanc (a fancy way of saying "rose"). This is some tasty stuff. It's like being punched in the face with a fistfull of strawberries and creme. :cheers:

Starting this evening of Halloween celebrations with a Fat Dog Imperial Stout.

Nice review on Ratebeer, Stomp. :cheers:

I also find it the sweetest Imperial Stout I've tried. If it were drier, and a bit richer, I'd have enjoyed it more than I did, but it's pretty decent.

I just finished filling a few bottles full of, quite strong, Kahlua. All didn't fit in the bottles!

Hmmm... I think it's tasting time!