DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I have had them as a child back east in Pennsylvania. They did fine there and I think would be fine here as well. They are a pretty hardy fruit tree. I have not heard of them in 25 years though.

Yes, yes, and as the article states it doesn't store or ship well, so I was wondering if anyone had first-hand knowledge of these fruits since such knowledge can't be had from the fruit section of the megamart. I'm really intrigued, have a source for a tree and an open spot on the property to plant it.

So far, Nymph's answer is the most convincing that this is something I need.

Potassium chloride and delodin. I have been back in the hospital since Friday. Not exactly sure what is going on. I definitely have a post surgery infection. They are still running tests. I am feeling a bit better today. At least this site works great on my smart phone! I am going out of my mind staying in bed.

Jeez Alyssa. Get better soon!

Moose Drool eh? I had some of that the last time I was up there. Tasted like olives, I thought it'd go great with anything that goes great with olives. I had Greek food in mind, but I just don't know.

I've got some Pawpaw seeds, but I haven't done anything with them yet.

Now when you pick a pawpaw

Or a prickly pear

And you prick a raw paw

Next time beware

Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw

When you pick a pear

Try to use the claw

But you don't need to use the claw

When you pick a pear of the big pawpaw

Have I given you a clue ?

The bare necessities of life will come to you

They'll come to you

Get better, AD. You just can't catch a break.

I'm having a Montmartre tonight. The cocktail, not the absinthe.

Alyssa, speedy recovery. Finding yourself in the infirmary is no fun at all. Enjoy the drugs, however.

Re: pawpaws. I have heard them mentioned in a song I had to play for an evil nun who taught me piano in 4th grade. She hated me because I was not a cute or well mannered child, and I rarely practiced. She did not hide her dislike of me very well. The line from the song goes way down yonder in the pawpaw patch. Of course this childhood memory should have no bearing on whether you plant pawpaws or not. Regardless, I wanted to share. Carry on.

BTW, I am drinking Sailor Jerry spiced rum and O'Fallon pumpkin ale. :heart:

"She hated me because I was not a cute or well mannered child, and I rarely practiced."

Jane Eyre?

As for prickly pears, we've got those all over the place. The fruit makes a nice jelly. Keep meaning to produce some kind of graduated beverage from them too. Maybe I'll start on that soon, since they're ripe now.

A.D. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hospitals sux.

Paw Paws.

They grow around here. When my son was in Cub Scouts we (I was Den Leader) went on a camp out to Camp Davy Crockett and as an entry in the cook off we made a desert with Paw Paws. They are difficult to describe. Orange/yellow interior with a stringy consistency. Lots of little black seeds to get in the way of enjoying them. They remind em a little of mangos.

Okay, so which of you clever people have ever had paw-paw. The wife wants us to plant one. Sounds intriguing.

I actually planted 2 types of Paw paw last year fromt his placehttp://www.raintreenursery.com/

One died and the second is small about 14 inches tall with 4 leafs on it. I am working hard saving it, but this year has been bad with all my fruit trees. This link http://www.raintreenursery.com/catalog/pro...producttype=PAW

will give you some more info like zoning if you need that. Good luck in growing them. The fruit is wonderfull tasting, like a custard.

Potassium chloride and delodin. I have been back in the hospital since Friday. Not exactly sure what is going on. I definitely have a post surgery infection. They are still running tests. I am feeling a bit better today. At least this site works great on my smart phone! I am going out of my mind staying in bed.

Alyssa i wish you a speedy recovery, and hope you feel better soon.

Last night I tried some Orange liqueur, which was decent on the rocks, and a little bit of some lambic, but I don't remember either brand names. :3869-sadbanana: Tonight I'm having some scumi shiraz, and look forward to some absinthe later on in the week.

Dang! Dilaudid! You've got everyone whipped tonight. Hope they're matching it with some good antibiotics.

Make this one a short stay, Alyssa.