DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Is Mount Gay good? I keep seeing it at the store and I wonder.

I have reciently tried

Flemish Primitive Wild Ale: so so, pretty good I guess. A lot of yeast in the bottle. Interestingly, it started with hopps and ended with malt flavour.

Unibroue - Terrible: not bad at all and at 10.5% gets very interesting, a little sour for me

Duvel - Belgian Golden Ale: I liked this much better than a white. it had character

Fraoch Heather Ale: Possibly the greatest ale I have ever had. It was awesome. The back of the bottle reads, "Fraoch is Scotland's native ale. Heather ale has been brewed in Scotland since 2000 b.c. Brewed using heather flowers and Scottish malt, it has a distinctive floral aroma, full malt character and a dry wine-like finish.

Well I always wanted to visit Terminus, Georgia. You're one hell of a pal. I've been soooo pondering a pre ban, some on sale again I see, but damn I'm one broke fool. I'm still trying to recover from the Jade mini's and the lucid costs. I need new pals. :laf:

Cheers to you Sir :cheers:

I'm making my second attempt at orange bitters. This time I won't boil the herbs/peel in water. I'm going to try it tonight after three days of macerating to see how it is. I only used one ounce of bitter orange this time. Last time I use two ounces. I'll probably try it in a martini.

Drinking nothing right now, but thought I would stop in. I've been busy with school in SF and a lack of internet connection (hoping to remedy that soon) has kept me off the board. That and the school owned apartments I'm staying in are "dry" (well 'officially' dry) so I don't have my absinthe collection with me, which has been slowly dwindling anyway but still has a few gems in it.

Drinking a Sprecher 2005 Barley Wine.

I still have a Rochefort 8 and Traquair Jacobite.

Let's see how the night progresses!

I have a half a dozen beers I've been waiting to try and I picked up two bottles of rhum today and yet...

I made a glass of absinthe and I'm going to have one more and that damn martini is calling my name. I may never get to try those beers! ;)

Having a half dozen beers waiting to be tasted is not a bad thing!

After reading your post, I am thinking about a glass of absinthe. :cheers:

:laf:, Bill!

... On to the Rochefort 8.

This is my first time trying this wonderful ale.

Caramel, malts, and a surprising aftertaste of, bananas!

Definetely, one of my favorites!

A friend brought over some Maraska Kraskovac pear liqueur which I found to be quite tasty, then had a decent dose of VdF. A pleasant evening.

What am I drinking? Too much. And too much at that.

Kamiak 2003 Cellar Select Columbia Valley Red Wine.

Yum. Definitely yum.

Then some traditional type of martini. X2.

Then some fancy smancy Scottish Ale recommended by Shai. He was right.

Yum. X2.

Then water. Lots of water.

Life is good. :drunk:

*edit* Dork. You know who I mean.