DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

During the last big rain, some labels washed off a few bottles. Tonight it was something green and it tasted rather "new". Sweet and not as bitter as some may like. I'll label it with a sharpie.....#10. It's been one of those weeks. :)

Sort of like buying the bent cans at the supermarket......you just never really know what you're going to get.

Oh well, it seems to work so I won't bitch. ;)

:cheers:

If you made the dose too strong, the latter part of your statement about covered it, and if you made the dose too weak it probably would have been an improvement.

Had one of the best dishes of fish and chips I've ever had, and two of the best poured pints of Guinness I've found outside of Dublin. Was a good lunch. ;)

Tonight, I think I'll go with something green. Not sure what yet.

Half of my first order came in (two Montmartre) and I enjoyed four glasses last night.

Beautiful drink. Delicious.

Crossing my fingers that the other package will arrive today (another Montmartre and an Ike).

If it does then Ike Limitee is on the menu.

If not, more Monty

After this week, I am surprised I didn't start with a flask in my car at 3:30pm!

I had a hankering for a Lemon Drop. So I made one and after tasting it, Wrayalien said, "Why not add a shot of absinthe to it?" which I did and it is wonderful!!! :arrr:

Now, I suppose it already has a nifty name for it...

Friday after a long, long week. Next week looks too exciting with a few days off and drinking with some good friends.

Ummm, 2 vertes and one blanche and I may soon be headed to bed. I have some serious gardening to do tomorrow before the crops all go to seed. :cheers:

Phew.. it´s been a while since I´ve been on. Lots of nasties going on as well as a few goodies (mostly just insanely busy)

To reply T73 and Maggie, I´m glad you liked the selection I´ve send some from the last batches that were made. And that you two liked the chestnut one better than I did!

As for me, I´m running on emtpy, but another glass of berry gin should be do-able :cheers:

I bought a sampler box of Redhook tonight.

I'm not impressed. :thumbdown:

The IPA is ok, at best!

I think I'll try another drink of a nice verte with some wonderful artwork on the label!

A Libertine Amer 72%. Not pre-sweetened. Lotsa Melissa. Not terribly complex but very nice.

Water.

A blanche of questionable origin.

Water.

I see a pattern developing.

I bought a sampler box of Redhook tonight.

I'm not impressed. :thumbdown:

The IPA is ok, at best!

Redhook is a xitty brewery with an even xittier attitude towards the craft beer industry.

Their beer has always been sub-par, at least as far as micros (or once were micros) go, and back in the 80s, after they sold a large intrest of the business to Anheuser Busch, they made sure to lobby for a repeal of the tax break that small brewers received in Washington...this, of course, they did [/i]after they had grown too productive to be considered a micro anymore.

Personally, I'd love it if nobody ever purchased a Redhook beer again, and they went belly up. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Had my first dose of the Absinthe CCC I've has sitting in my cabinet forever.

From the initial reviews, this stuff must have aged VERY nicely, because I really like it. Straight forward with the wormwood, but balanced out well. The louche sucked, and the mouthfeel was a bit thin, but the flavor was extremely enjoyable.

I typically LOVE Deschuets (Black Butte Porter etc...) but I am trying the Mirror Pond Pale Ale tonight and I am not a fan. What's up with that?

I hear you -- their Cinder Cone Red prompted the first-ever mash note I've written to a brewery, and the Black Butte is a staple in my house in the fall, but I've always found the Mirror Pond to be a big glass of meh. Pity, that.

I know it wasn't your intention, but everytime I look at that painting I see Bin Laden staring back at me.

I am sure St. Jerome will deal with him, if you ask him. As Doctor of Church, he is as effective as Padre Pio in case of heresies (Osama definitely is one, even Muslims do not support him that strongly they had used to).

It was my roommate's (one of my 2 best friends ever) birthday technically yesterday, and I just can't sleep now. I know I got an assortment of Flying Dog beers (not the high gravs) and innumerable Vodka Tonics, and several specialty drinks we make, called "Marshalls" (after my roommate), which entails some sort of frozen fruit concentrate, a wee bit of ice, and any liquor on hand (minus the absinthe!). It turned out a decent night, but it's nearly 6 am, and I'm the only person not passed out. ::beady little eyes::