DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

How long until that baby furniture is occupied? Just a couple more weeks? Your son is going to rule your world in such a wonderful way.

The mead is delightful. The clarity of each mead is incredible. The Forest Berries is warming like a fine brandy. The experience was definitely enhanced by the special cups. My favorite so far is the Chestnut and Honey. I was amazed at how pronounced the honey is and yet so light. It is simply delicious. Thank you my friend. :cheers:

Due date is October 15th now. She's getting more and more uncomfortable by the day. She's enjoyed being pregnant, but over the past week or so, she seemed to have come around to the point of, "OK, it's been fun, but get the hell out now." :cheers:

she seemed to have come around to the point of, "OK, it's been fun, but get the hell out now."

Who could blame her? I'm thinking scenes from "Alien". :shock: It doesn't help much but good people* from all over the world are thinking about you and your family. :cheers:

*Granted, they are all drunks but good people nevertheless.

Went to pop's for my monthly visit (four kids once a month).

Got back tonight.

Smoker is going.

E&J Brandy is overly sweet with too much carmel to add coloring.

Smoker is going.

Ribs for tomorrow.

Small%20Prep.JPG

Ready, Go.

Small%20about%20ready.JPG

"John Hurt is why I got into this business!"

Last night I had my favorite absinthe- an HG verte.

Tonight I had some Edouard with a new friend and some others.

Very nice.

Just finished eating the smoked ribs. I ate too much. I'm so stuffed I can't drink a beer. Good thing I had a glass of absinthe before dinner.

Small%20Ribs.JPG

The smoker is a project I did to see if I could build my own* offset smoker. It worked out pretty well.

It's a wonder my BP is not sky high with some of the food I eat. The pork (ribs and some other cut that was called something like California Ribs) were smoked from around 10pm last night till 7pm today. The smoker never got over 235F. They looked and taste like ham.

Good smoked pork is easy.

Use Morton's Tinder Quick Salt (contains Sodium Nitrate) with an equal part of Brown sugar and a good helping of crushed cayenne pepper. rub the meat good and let set for at least three hours while you build your fire.

I use Kingsford charcoal (no instant light or such, just plain charcoal) and apple wood. I let the fire go till the smoke goes from dense gray to light blue. Then put the meat on and keep the temp below 250. 185-205 is ideal.

I don't restrict the outlet flue, but control the heat with the air inlet damper. A good load of coals will burn for over 6hrs if you dampen it right. I got up at 7am and started a new batch of coals today. I had to go buy another bag at noon to finish the job.

I also made stuffed jalapeños peppers. Instead of frying them I baked them and they turned out great.

Split a half dozen jalapeños and carve out the seeds and membrane. Beat an egg and drop the split jalapeño halves in it and coat them. Set them aside and add two tsp of flower to the egg. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and blend. fill the halves with the cheese / egg / flower mix. Rollin bread crumbs.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.

I just wanted a little break...

maybe a little more than I needed ...

Duplais verte.

Though I prefer vertes, I had a rough start with this one. Further reviews encouraged me to make another purchase, and I am glad of it.

Yummy, tasty. Good deal.

I'm scared of Mansinthe, which is funny, because I am not scared of Manson. In fact, I'd like to give him a swift kick. So cheeky, yet so "someone please kick my ass". My dream date.

After a day like today I figured the only way to bring it to a close was with my favorite verte. An HG with a half naked lady on the bottle. I'm very grateful to the artist-and I do mean artist.

After waiting 6 days to get a 3 day shipment of Lucid I learned my UPS driver fell and injured his back today. He arrived at my door sans truck.. with my package at 7:30 pm

I invited him in for a drink.

I bet my absinthe arrives on time next time ;)

I have ordered the Balance.

Just one glass of Rangpur and ice this evening. It's been a long weekend. B)

OMG- Since you like the rangpur that much try it like I did on Monday (way too many times).

Sort of a variation on a Gin and Pink

2oz Rangpur gin

3-4 dashes Peychaud's Bitters

Tonic water to taste but not too much, maybe 2oz

Throw the ice cubes into an old fashoned glass and pour the gin over top.

add bitters (looks cool) and top with tonic.

Lime or cherry for garnish but it doesn't really need it

It was so fresh and light tasting with strong lime and cherry notes - I loved it