DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Woodford Reserve last night. I can honestly say this is the first whiskey/burbon that I've actually enjoyed. Much better than the vile Makers Mark my buddy usually buys.

Welcome back Doc!

I love Maker's Mark. I actually like it more than Woodford Reserve, although I like Ridgemont Reserve more than both.

Thank you both for the welcoming back. :wave2:

Tonight I'm having some lovely French rose. It's pinkilicious! :heart:

Re: whiskey, I enjoy Buffalo Trace for taste + value.

I don't know for certain T, but wouldn't that be a lot of staggering?

I had some VdF tonight, along with some other unmentionable graduated beverages.

I love Maker's Mark. I actually like it more than Woodford Reserve, although I like Ridgemont Reserve more than both.

Apparently I'm just not a whiskey/burbon fan and I'm really not sure why I keep trying to enjoy this stuff. My friend brought over a bottle of Elijah Craig 18 year old single barrel burbon last night (barrel #1937) and the only way I could stomach it was with a couple dashes of Angustura Bitters, a twist of lime and a LOT of water and ice. I just ended up drinking G&T's which I enjoyed much better anyways. The Woodford Reserve was the best of the bunch, athough I'd never shell out that much money to buy it for myself. I found the Woodford Reserve to have a fruity almost peachy flavour in there somewhere and it was smooth. With the Makers Mark and Elijah Craig all I get is burn.

We're off to celebrate Carter's birthday tonight.

Dear Lady, while you're at it, could you perhaps convince him to run again in 2008?*

*End of bad political humor :devil:

Cherry Pyment. First time I've ever tried it too. Was surprised at the taste, nice, different. I really don't know what pyment is supposed to taste like, but I've got a good feeling that this is either dead on or real close. I'm looking forward to two others. Thanks!

We have been at the Renaissance Festival all day!

Quite a bit of Mead passed through my lips.

I love that Egyptian Mead! :cheers:

We're off to celebrate Carter's birthday tonight. Started the evening with taking a whiff from that bottle of 'kind of old' rum. Thank you Shabba.

:wave2:

Somehow I missed the 'kind of old' rum. As usual, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

:cheers:

2 bottles of Shiner amber, a bottle of Perrin & Fils Vaqueyras, and 2 glasses of 1901 (so far). And cooked a nice dinner (just some gourmet-level pizzas, but still, it was great).