DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

DO NOT drink 2 Dogfish IPA 90 beers and ever follow it iwith with their Raisonette no matter how nice the weather is. Fair warning.

One not so fine day, I started with two 120 Minute IPAs, moved on to a Raison D'Extra, then a Forte, and finally two Worldwide Stouts.

Is it any wonder my liver appreciates me a lot more these days? :twitchsmile:

Hm, uh, I talk to my drinks.

C'mon.....louche!

I know I've said that to my absinthe before. But Un Emile is Un Emile.

Don't have any flooding where you are, do you OMG?

Just got back from a FANTASTIC dinner at Sushi Taro (17th and P Northwest) in DC.

Started with some Agedashi Tofu and Octopus Sunomono, followed by a main course of assorted yakitori (chicken, beed and shrimp), tuna nigiri, toro nigiri (the best I've ever had), omelet, inari, lump crab nigiri, shrimp nigiri, oshinko roll and cucumber roll.

Washed it all down with some Yaki Kage (snow shadow) sake.

All in all, a beautiful meal. The toro was mind blowing.

Not much flooding in my neighborhood. lots of tree damage around and a few friends got some water in their homes.

So, tonight I'll be sipping something green. There's no label on the bottle (it got washed away)but it smells like absinthe and it louches. :)

:cheers:

This all reminds me of bizarre foods with Andrew Zimmern. I watch it, and every time, I'm thinking, "why?"

Some of the stuff he eats, no thanks. The fugu comment made me think of it, because he ate that last night along with some Durian, which sounds horrible.

I made some Ratatouille tonight with some linguini and it was pretty good.

Washed it down with a St. Peter's Cream Stout.

I would love Andrew Zimmern's job. As a matter of fact, I'd take his job, Anthony Bourdain's job, The Thirsty Traveller's job, or a combination of the three. ;)

The recent No Reservations episode where Bourdain met up with Zimmern in New York City was great.

The recent No Reservations episode where Bourdain met up with Zimmern in New York City was great.

I'd like their jobs too. I mean, if I could just get paid to travel around the world and eat fried scorpions on camera, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I'm just bitter that's all. ;)

Still, that stinky tofu and durian just sound nasty -- Zimmern couldn't even eat them. I had a bad case of food poisoning from sushi about 4 months ago, so I'm not a big fan of anything that reminds me of that.

I saw the NYC episode of Bourdain/Zimmern and yeah, it was good. I'm a bigger Bourdain fan though, and Kitchen Confidential is a great book. B)

[quote name='Absomphe' date='Aug 20 2007, 11:00 AM' post='100046'

One not so fine day, I started with two 120 Minute IPAs, moved on to a Raison D'Extra, then a Forte, and finally two Worldwide Stouts.

:puke:

Oh my!

I'm a bigger Bourdain fan though, and Kitchen Confidential is a great book. B)

Agreed. Bourdain has that attitude that just kills me. He's gritty. I love it. KC was great. I liked his short stories in Nasty Bits even better. Quite a few of his No Reservations shows (such as the NYC one) were based on stories from that book.

This Hour Is Set In a Smartly decorated Ballroom Overlooking a Rose garden. Investment strategy and market condition forums Never Get old!

You following me?

oh, and I'm drinking diet coke.

That sounds....boring? ;)

I'd love to have some investment strategy - if I ever have any real money! :D

Let us all in on the secrets you learn today Shabba!

83% humidty, dewpoint 77 feels like 93, its only 83, thank god we'd all be dead if it were daytime Luscious Oily Lesbians!

So I celebrate a dreadful night of amazon jungle like weather with a nice Blanchette from Jade. My 2nd glass of it ever, mm mm good.

At this point I really do have an addiction I think to absinthe Luscious Oily Lesbians!, god help me, god help us all.

Got a thing for lesbians?

Depends.

No, not those, wiseacre.

Old farts like me, who live in glass houses, should never throw stones or leakage concealers. :devil: