DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

LL:huh: not noticing anything particularly unusuall about the state of his freaky hair and not really caring too much what happens to it, continues to sit placidly sipping at his muse while staring at but not recognizing what ever it is that seems to be on the other side of his beautiful French repro fountain.

(a fairly recent aquisition of his)

the two "gentlemen" continue to take turns nipping and cutting snipping and occasionally hacking (o did I mention pulling and tugging a little as well) the remnance of LL's:huh: freaky hair.......until......finally

and without much fanfair some one says (I can't recall who) "were done" and all is quiet for a time.....

and then for more time....

more quiet.....

until LL:huh: can no longer stand the silence he gets up out of his chair and beggins to louch up another for himself....and offers the same to D :pirate: who happily accepts....

the other two having done there good work retire to there respective corners of LL's:huh: paripheral conscious (which is to say that I didn't notice them leave)

unfortunately ladies and gents I am going to have to leave it there for now because I am tired and drunk and having to relive the next few parts is probaly going to irritate me too much right now so.....

if your interested please tune in next week (or tomorrow) for the final installment of

HOW LL LOST HIS BELOVED FOUNTAIN!(and an antique vase...and his freaky frickin hair)

good night!

:cheers:

I'm assuming you guys made it home safe and sound? Now, don't throw that mead on your kitchen ceiling like ShaiHulud did! We're hoping you and Daniel make it back real soon. The welcome mat is out and the fountain is full. :cheers:

For those who enjoy a good DITA (or for those who can't fathom why anyone would drink them because they taste nasty to you), I discovered the perfect sparkler for mixing them up last night--Saracco Moscato d'Asti. It has the requisite sweetness for making a good DITA, but is of a higher quality than the grocery store sweet sparklers that I have used in the past. In fact, the combination of sweetness and flavors present in the Saracco work to compliment the absinthe in an ideal way. I would even venture to say that a DITA made with Saracco and a decent absinthe would make a convert out of anyone. We used CLB as the absinthe last night. My conclusion: Henceforth, all of my DITA's will be made with Saracco.

saracco.jpg

I'm assuming you guys made it home safe and sound? Now, don't throw that mead on your kitchen ceiling like ShaiHulud did! We're hoping you and Daniel make it back real soon. The welcome mat is out and the fountain is full. :cheers:

Yes, we did make it back safely and soundly. Thanks again for the wonderful evening! We haven't tried the mead yet, but we'll be extra careful when opening it. We will certainly make it our business to be up there at least once a year to visit the family, but I think Dan and I will try to make it up there more than just annually.

We're going to try.

As for tonight, Mezza Luna Red. Something I picked up at the Brewing supply place. It seems to work even though it's not quite a month old.

:cheers:

I have some New Belgium Fat Tire Ale and 1554,Summit Extra Pale Ale and St. Bernardus Prior 8.

Oh, there's that green stuff too!

:g: Decisions.

Edit: I had the 1554 and Prior 8.

I have a new favorite! I will be buying more St. Bernardus!

I vote green. But...

Had 1.5 oz. Ketel One with .5 oz Cointreau, shaken over ice with a wee bit of soda water. Don't know what that is, but it tasted darn refreshing. Waiter, I'll have another.

Dry Rusty Nails for me last night, awesome!!!

I like mine like this:

2oz Single Malt Islay Scotch

.5oz Drambuie

Ice cube

combine (double if you are me) in a old fashioned glass and sip your way to heaven.

:drunk: Is this some sort of test ShaiHulud/OMG_Bill? Let's see, I put the ice into my mouth with the aforementioned ingredients, then I jumped up and down before I swallowed the mixed drink! Does that satisfy your curiosity? Any knowledgeable mixologist knows that a martini is poured into a martini glass!

http://www.stgermain.fr/index2.html?countr...amp;Submit.y=16

DO NOT drink 2 Dogfish IPA 90 beers and ever follow it iwith with their Raisonette no matter how nice the weather is. Fair warning.

I'm having the Balance also tonight. I really love this stuff.

Drunk posting = bad idea...

Everyone I've talked to has been going on about the Balance. I'm thinking my next order is going to include a bottle to see what the fuss is about.

Incidentally, tonight has been nothing but Bacardi Gold and cheap Vodka known as Zemkoff; NiN+alcohol+3 best friends+guitar and amp= busted lips from rockstar jumps/falls off the couch. :headbang:

P.S.- I hate the backspace button- auto-correct would be nice right now...

Yes it is nice to give them a nice talking to so that they are resigned and ready to go down the hatch.

What?

Oh, when you said prepare them, I thought...

Hm, uh, I talk to my drinks.

C'mon.....louche!

Oh that's just right, thank you.

My, aren't we a little ficnicky today.

Along those lines. Like I've said, I usually drink alone. B)