DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Crap vino with my pasta:thumbdown: but just ordered some more absinthe :thumbup: Duplais Balance, Montmartre and Eichelberger 68 verte. if I am lucky they will arrive before my B-day :) goodnight all. cheers!

Out of the blue (almost), we had a visit from Daniel Lyons and Baubel. Time well spent, I tell you. Pleasant and personable gentlemen, indeed. We plowed through more absinthe than I can remember but I do remember a gift of a bottle of Lemoncello. Absolutely delicious! Thanks guys, it is much appreciated.

Maggie, Silent and I all hope you visit again very soon. :cheers:

just ordered some more absinthe :thumbup: Duplais Balance, Montmartre and Eichelberger 68 verte.

I remember placing that exact order some time ago! :cheers:

Unibroue 15, tonight.

I fine pair you make then......me if I have glass in hand (as I do at the moment) I imagine myself not far from needing a stroller (sort of speak) that said

Ive moved on to Un Emile Blanche. :cheers:

Joe, drunk talk-n-all, I swear to God I'm coming to Montana to fish and drink with ya'll.

Hopefully sooner than later.

Here's bettin' a dollar to a donut, we can do both at the same time. :cheers:

ask me about my fountain disaster. :shock:

This does not sound good. We have suffered our own sad fountain disaster. What's the story?

Oh no. I hate to hear of the loss of absinthe fountains. T73, it wasn't the WS ceramic one I hope.

A beautiful tasty blanche for me tonight from a dwindling bottle. :cheers:

Are you kidding? The ceramic is bullet-proof! We use it for a shield when the the Montana Militia does drive-bys. ;) We broke a nice French fountain which I converted to our outdoor fountain with a (ahem) nice plastic bowl.

Any chance you can make it up mid-September for a drink from the ceramic fountain?

I'm certainly going to try my best. I have a limited range with my little motorcycle, but I did 800 miles to Steelhead later than that last year (and probably will again at the end of sept. this year).

Count me in.

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner folks....I stepped out for some dinner (gigantic bowl of seafood soup and a pot of tasteless tea!)

I wish I could tell you that I lost my fountain to a mere stroke of gravity and happenstance but in fact it was even more dramatic than that.

I was sharing some(read lots) of my absinthe at a small dinner party.

at which a friend(read former lover) was in attendance with myself and two others.

we ate a wonderful dinner of pasta tossed in sundried tomato pesto and steamed kale and garlic.

while exchanging our daily curiosities with one another.

after dinner we started in on the absinthe.

It didn't take long for all of us to get rather louched.

At some point in the evening after some of the usuall rowdyness of this crowd I realized all of the sudden that I have freaky hair. (perhaps having just seen a fresh poloroid of myself) I don't mean Don King, or Albert Einstein freaky

but freaky to be sure....

you see I don't brush......or comb......

or shampoo for that matter......(I have really soft water)

don't need to.....but thats because for the most part I am excepting of my freaky hair......

excepting of course until that moment.

It was at that momet that I rememberd that my friend(frmr lvr) told me not five or six days ago that so and so gives good haircuts and that I should ask so and so sometime to give me one.

Me, seeing that "so and so" was in attendance, thought out loud that I looked like I could use a haircut.(this is were the fun begins)

not forseeing the potentially hazardous nature of such a combination as sharp objects, overlouched minds, jealous former lovers, (did I forget to mention that the other two were a couple and that my former lover was previously involved with both of them as well?) and at least one dramatic case of bipolar disorder.

guess who just called me.

I'll have to finish this some other time if you all want me to

bye :wave2:

Yikes.

Eddie, Lune Verte, and Duplais for me tonight. Let me add that I am jealous of anyone who has the pleasure of meeting T73 and co; sounds like you guys had fun.

We're just hoping we didn't scare Baubel and Daniel away, Chris. Before we were finished, I had them both drinking King of Spirits...and some other vile crap. They may never drink absinthe again. :devil:

guess who just called me.

I'll have to finish this some other time if you all want me to

bye :wave2:

Nice teaser! Did you work as a writer for Days of our Lives? ;)

Nice sig. A7X?

BTW downed several bottles of Urquell Pilsner last night at the high roller bar. 6 bucks a bottle, can't afford to get drunk on that stuff, but I did like the taste.

Now someone here'll tell me it's total crap! ;)

$6 a bottle?! That's insane. I've seen it at $3.50 a bottle in restaurants and bars.

It's okay but for $6 I'd want something a lot more flavourful.

I'd drink P.U. if I could (1) get it fresh, and (2) NOT light struck.

They have it at Food City but it is too exposed to light and I'm not wasting my time on skunky beer.

My Orange Bitters is loooking like it might work out. Dried Bitter (Seville) Orange lives up to it's name.

I should finish boiling down the rinds with water tonight to add to the initial macerate with alcohol. I've got 200ml of alcohol extract and should have another 200ml of water extract to add to it.

Now I need a recipe to try it in.