DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

A Lucid was the perfect apertif tonight and a glass of Helfrich the ideal digestif. Now I'm enjoying the buttery goodness of the Eichelberger.

Ok screw this, I taking it one more step and tasting the PF 1901 tonight as well. Might as well ride that train to the end of the tracks at this point. :cheers:

I wasn't in any condition to do this last night so....here it is now..... I started the evening with some vino in a plastic cup, smoked salmon, pizza from a wood fired cob oven, corn one the cob etc. then I finished the last of a small bottle of N.O with a few friends.....well they had had there fill after only one serving....so I finished the bottle. then I danced and danced...to several bands that I don't know the names of and one that I do...(Randy Hanson who is the most convincing Jimmy Hendrix impersonator your ever gonna see! :yahoo: )....later my ex handed me a bottle of some wonderful Chimay in a tent with black lights and spacey music so I drank lots of that while sitting on a translucent sofa in lime while noticing once again just how wonderful her smile is.... with her teeth blaring bright white in response to the UV. (ah but for love or love lost life would be easy.) overall I had a wonderful time with half the island in attendance (perhaps six hundred souls!) I danced, I drank, I ate, I danced and drank some more and I got to see some of my favorite people on a beautiful summer evening.....what more could you ask for?

Edited by absintheminded

Dakini---Could you be more specific?

I am smart but not well educated.

I read a lot but I don't spell well.

I absolutely don't mean to offend anyone with my lack of proper punctuation or grammar or formating so I thank you for pointing it out, but it is still not obvious to me what all of the problem/s are with my post or that I am 100% sure I want to encourage "picky picky" behavior.

On the other hand I am more than willing to yield to just "picky" behavior both for the sake of my own continuing education and of course for community harmony. That said would you do me the favor of providing me with examples of edits that you would have me make to my post? in doing so please note that I have chosen the moniker "absintheminded"for a reason :laugh:

thanks! :) :cheers:

Edited by absintheminded

DP,

Tag! You're it. ;)

AM, correct grammer and/or punctuation is almost a must here. I will never be a must, except to those who worship me. :devil:

On a sad note, I just finished the last of Clandestine. Heavy sigh.

I am, however, getting something from the Lucid gods tomorrow me thinks.

Having had the righteous stuff first, I wonder if my simple palate will recognize any difference?

As always,

You guys rock!

JB

Well I put off the 1901 last night, I figured enough was enough . :laf:

But now I am tasting it for the first time, and again yet another great absinthe. I think so far my favs are verte suisse 65/edouard(kinda tie), then the 1901, NO, then blanchette. Lucid brining up the rear.

I had a very nice Hendricks martini with a fresh picked cucumber garnish with dinner, it is surprising how much better a fresh cuke is in this drink. Now I'm relaxing with a Nouvelle Orleans, wonderful.

I had a glass of my 1980 100% folle blanche armagnac. I had that bottle put away and had forgotten about it. I love finding stuff like that. Aged in oak from 1980 to 2003 and bottled that year. Tasty. Then, followed with some port. No absinthe tonight. :)

Great googly moogly! After a week and a half of apartment hunting, I am celebrating my return to Chicago (for which to pack for my move to NYC) with a glass of whiskey. I wasn't picky about what kind. Looking forward to getting a glass of absinthe when I get home.

... On the other hand I am more than willing to yield to just "picky" behavior both for the sake of my own continuing education and of course for community harmony. That said would you do me the favor of providing me with examples of edits that you would have me make to my post?
You nailed it: community harmony. No one's busting your chops, and we don't do it to be snobby or arrogant, it's just that many of us spend a lot of time here and so ease of legibility is important. In the case of punctuation, capitalization and line breaks just make things easier to look at and process. Compare this:
I wasn't in any condition to do this last night so....here it is now..... I started the evening with some vino in a plastic cup, smoked salmon, pizza from a wood fired cob oven, corn one the cob etc. then I finished the last of a small bottle of N.O with a few friends.....well they had had there fill after only one serving....so I finished the bottle. then I danced and danced...to several bands that I don't know the names of and one that I do...(Randy Hanson who is the most convincing Jimmy Hendrix impersonator your ever gonna see! :yahoo: )....later my ex handed me a bottle of some wonderful Chimay in a tent with black lights and spacey music so I drank lots of that while sitting on a translucent sofa in lime while noticing once again just how wonderful her smile is.... with her teeth blaring bright white in response to the UV. (ah but for love or love lost life would be easy.) overall I had a wonderful time with half the island in attendance (perhaps six hundred souls!) I danced, I drank, I ate, I danced and drank some more and I got to see some of my favorite people on a beautiful summer evening.....what more could you ask for?
To this:
I wasn't in any condition to do this last night so here it is now:

I started the evening with some vino in a plastic cup, smoked salmon, pizza from a wood fired cob oven and corn on the cob. Then I finished the last of a small bottle of N.O. with a few friends. Well, they had their fill after only one serving, so I finished the bottle. Then I danced and danced to several bands that I don't know the names of, and one that I do—Randy Hanson—who is the most convincing Jimmy Hendrix impersonator your ever gonna see! :yahoo:

Later my ex handed me a bottle of some wonderful Chimay in a tent with black lights and spacey music. So I drank lots of that while sitting on a translucent sofa in lime while noticing once again just how wonderful her smile is, with her teeth blaring bright white in response to the UV (ah but for love or love lost life would be easy). Overall I had a wonderful time with half the island in attendance, perhaps six hundred souls! I danced, I drank, I ate, I danced and drank some more and I got to see some of my favorite people on a beautiful summer evening. What more could you ask for?

Sounds like a great party!

I had the day off... so far:

-"The Magic Hour" (Dr. Cocktail invention)

-2 Plymouth gin and tonics

-Gin Fizz (w/Blue Coat gin)

-Manhattan

Martin, great to hear yer still kickin'. I need to get you some beans, I'm sure yer out by now. Hope you're having some success in the 'Apple.

Dogfish night. Midas Touch, India Brown, and Raison d'Etre. Finshing with snifters of St. Germain.

I haven't started yet today. Well, okay, one glass of Marteau at lunchtime, but that doesn't count.

Yesterday, on the other hand, our good friend Gayle came over and we spent the late afternoon drinking Mint Juleps (Mojito for the missus) and progressed to a few Americanos:

3/4 oz Campari

3/4 oz sweet vermouth

Fill with ice cubes

Splash of soda

Add lemon twist.

Ate lots of Cincinnati Greek Chili (Cheese Coneys)

We finished off with a couple of La Louisianes.

Then I had a Baby's Own Cocktail:

Shake in iced cocktail shaker & strain

1 oz cream

1 3/4 oz triple sec

1 dash Angostura bitters

Serve in a cocktail glass

Just got done busting my ass at work. Too many winemaking tasks to be done this week. Have 1 day off -- tomorrow. Whoopee!

I downed half a bottle of cheap ass (and shitty) Cook's sparkling wine (because it was either drink it or pour it out, someone brought it into the winery and left it). I have a 3/4 full bottle of Claret that I'm going to drink with my g/f that her boss gave us, and then I'll see if I have any energy left to drink something else. I think some montmartre sounds good.

Watching Anthony Bourdain. I like his show.

Hiram---I cant thank you enough for the advise.

I am not just new to the forum but newish to threadboards in general.

I did some posting a few years back on a pro situ website for a month or so then quite.

Previuse to that I did some "chating" back in the mid 90's which is most likely where I picked up many of my bad habits. :thumbdown:

I am whoever glad to be back at it, here at the WS, because you folks have been most welcoming and entertaining as well......and of course one of the few places that people don't look at me funny when I say I drink absinthe regularly!

speaking of which....I'm dripping a glass of F.G. at the moment......:cheers:

Edited by LaminarLouche

I had the day off.

I think I hate you. ;)

Just got done busting my ass at work.

Uh huh. That's what I'm talking about. :thumbdown:

The gin is flowing and the absinthe is crying for attention. What is a guy to do? :twitchsmile:

The gin is flowing and the absinthe is crying for attention. What is a guy to do? :twitchsmile:

ditto BC. but this reminds me of something I've been wondering.

Any good suggestions for mixing my two favorite drinks? Absinthe and Gin.

I tryed once but also added some tonic....oops!......beautiful "louche" totally mesmerizing like liquid pearls but tasted terrible. :thumbdown:

Dan and I had homemade lemoncello after a great dinner tonight. Once neat and once with heavy cream. It was made by Dan's new Italian neighbor that hand picked the lemons in California. I've never had lemoncello before, but this was awesome. :thumbup: