DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Metodd, I have no real reason we haven't gotten together for a round or five of good drink. I'll PM my phone #. We can leave early morning and sip by lunch. Beat that!

Tonight, the 1901 has been calling to me from the kitchen. So, here I set. I'll slow drip this and enjoy it like it was my last bottle, it probably is. ;)

:cheers: Ya'll

A cuke martini with Miller's Gin.

I just harvested my first homegrown Cucumber today while preparing for a fresh Miller's and/or Hendrick's Martini tonight and noticed that real live Cukes don't have an oily or waxy coating on them that can't be scrubbed off like the store bought ones do. What the hell is that stuff anyway?

Had me a few of the Bombay and Plymouth Martini's last night also. :cheers:

It is a edible wax coating used as a preservative. I think/hope. Now I have to do some research.

Cukes fresh from the garden are so wonderful. I'm jealous.

I had too many martinis last night. Now I'm drinking lots of water.

I served my Mom a DITA. Sparkling wine with a splash of absinthe (not the Hemingway style). She liked it. :thumbup:

wow. Those Montana folks are going ga-ga over martinis. With real gin.

Are the stars still in their proper places? Probably not.

I think I've entered a parallel universe where gin was banned 95 years ago and has now been legalized.

B)

Metodd, I have no real reason we haven't gotten together for a round or five of good drink. I'll PM my phone #. We can leave early morning and sip by lunch. Beat that!

Sounds great, hit me up anytime! Anyone else in the area is more than welcome. Maybe we should try to set some kind of event up for our neck o' the woods.

I watched the video from Drink Boy on making a sweet martini, and now I have to have me one. No orange bitters though, damn.

A daiquiri though, that I can make. That video was just as good, lots of stuff I didn't know about rum.

I had my very first glass of Balance this evening. Funny the things you find while searching for something else. :devil:

Oh my goodness, it's very tasty but most of you folks already knew that. :)

wow. Those Montana folks are going ga-ga over martinis. With real gin.

It has become my second favorite drink, no doubt.

I'm back to a glass of my favorite now. The stars are back in alignment. ;)

I had my very first glass of Balance this evening. Funny the things you find while searching for something else. :devil:

Oh my goodness, it's very tasty but most of you folks already knew that. :)

Possibly my Balance was out of balance, because I still can't see how anybody can say that. Oh well, that's just me I guess.

Possible your bottle was bad. More likely that you just don't like it. Everyone's different.

Peridot, you are undoubtedly right. So, what am I doing? I'm drinking my second to last teensy glass of Jade Edouard. Which, after a glass of Lucid, practically knocked me on my butt! I cannot get over how much I love this stuff. :cheers:

My homegrown fresh Cucumber went perfectly with a couple Hendrick's and Miller Martini's last night.

Dakini I can't fully explain my recent fascination with gin except to say I love the taste and the adventure of mixing and blending different cocktails. :cheers:

Had Crown and Coke with a fellow faculty member. Yes, kids. When the students aren't around, the teachers get blitzed!

I'm recovering from a long weekend that started Thursday night picking up Grim & then going to Chris523's apartment. Both he & his wife are wonderful hosts (I wish they were not moving).

Friday night in San Fran. Apparently 6 rounds of beer with a glass of Macallan's 12 yr old will get you thrown out of a bar. Who knew...

Saturday night was back in Marina Del Rey drinking sour beer & 1914.

Today I think I'm going to rest. :cheers:

I'm drinking white sangria at the moment and enjoying a brief reprieve from apartment hunting, which is, let me tell you, pretty damn stressful. I've needed a drink all week, which makes this very welcome.

Picked up a bottle of Absolute New Orleans today! This is the first day I've seen it available, so I'm very happy to have it. Hey, I gotta do my job in supporting NO, right? :cheers:

Home after rehearsal. Long day. Good rehearsal.

Plymouth Martini.

Sentence fragments. I'm speakin' in 'em.

I was in Zoo-Town a couple days ago and didn't see ShaiHulud and his lovely Pensieve. That seems so wrong. :cheers:

A small dinner party where a "Don Pedro" was served. I'm not sure what's in this concoction, but it had a white, milkshakey consistency with dark ring of kahlua or something, topped with two lurid red cherries. It's very kitschy. Was it good? I don't know. :huh:

I was in Zoo-Town a couple days ago and didn't see ShaiHulud and his lovely Pensieve. That seems so wrong. :cheers:

Say, where have Shai and Pensieve been lately? I haven't seen them on the forum in a long time.

Two glasses of absinthe and too many hours of rehearsal and tech.

Say, where have Shai and Pensieve been lately? I haven't seen them on the forum in a long time.

Last time I talked to them, they had lots of family stuff happening this summer. Maybe they're just waiting for us to do a major avatar switch again. :devil: