DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Sounds like I have GOT to try that Rangpur soon, huh? That good?

I FINALLY got to stop drinking, and entertaining, and going out today. Hence, my 12 day bender is officially over, and my liver couldn't be happier. My head aches, my eyes have bags/sags/dark circles, and I overall have a not-too-good pallor about me. Water, tea, probiotics, and a clay bath for the next 3 days outta detox me.

I hope...

I somehow ended up with 4 of those St. Germaine bottles by the time I got home. Damnest thing is, I wasn't all that impressed.

Try the St. Germaine cocktail and tell me you're still not impressed.

I FINALLY got to stop drinking, and entertaining, and going out today. Hence, my 12 day bender is officially over, and my liver couldn't be happier. My head aches, my eyes have bags/sags/dark circles, and I overall have a not-too-good pallor about me. Water, tea, probiotics, and a clay bath for the next 3 days outta detox me.

I hope...

Larspeart,

Check out the Rangpur thread, there's some good info there from people who love it and some who think the Rangpur Lime flavour is not their thing. Me I love it. Hope the detox goes well.

10¢ Blanche someone sent me to start the evening. I had another bottle of Alexander Rodenbach in the refrigerator so I had it next. Nice but not the complexity of the grand cru. Now on to a nice Belgian Trippel I call Night Terror.

Yellow Tail... Shiraz (sp?).

A friend gave it to me. Not too bad.

Yes it is.

I hope...

Larspeart,

Check out the Rangpur thread, there's some good info there from people who love it and some who think the Rangpur Lime flavour is not their thing. Me I love it. Hope the detox goes well.

Day 2.8... going well. My skin has gone from 'jaune', to 'off-pale'. I think that is a good sign. The headache has FINALLY left, and while there has never been much 'sparkle' per say to my eyes, there have lost a touch of dullness. I take this as all good news, haha!

Ironically, today is THE big annual wine sale day at my favorite liquor shop. EVERYTHING (Booze included) is 26% off. So, of all days to be restocking the bar and the cellar, it had to be today. Several hundie and a VERY happy bar-n-cellar later, and I have a bunch of temptation sitting downstairs.

Holding off. Must... be... strong!

My work week is over, it was a l-o-n-g one, but are'nt they all. To celebrate its a large Balance and a few squares of lindts 85%. Yes our local store finally carries some of the good chocolate.

I was going to say "Xit,and all I have is 70%!" and I went to grab a bar and realized it was 85%.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I've had a chance to try both and I much prefer the 85%, now onto locating the 99%.

Damn this balance is soo much better than a few months ago and I loved it then.

I just recently became a huge Lindt's fan... heck, only a month ago. I only have some 75%'s, and a dozen assorted truffles.

I ain't complaining though.

F.Y.I.

I found little white specks in the bottom of my Duplais. But not in any other Absinthe in my bar and I have 9 other Absinthes. The point is that 1. I think it was from the air conditioning. Since I can't figure any other reason for it. The air conditioner was on high for long periods. 2. Duplais was the only one with specks. Which means that not all Absinthes get specks at the same temp.

I tried shaking the bottle(there was only 2oz left) once it warmed up.And the specks did not get reconstituted it just got cloudy. The taste was not harmed but the texture was. You can feel the specks or the shaken specks.

My suggestion is leave the specks at the bottom of the bottle. Then when you're at you're last glass strain them out. Hope this helps

:cheers: to all

I'd send a photo to Markus just to give him a heads up. Some people have said they have gotten chunky Jades before?

The glass of Balance is gone and was delicious!! Hmm now a PF1901?

Yeah, absinthe getting chilled has been discussed to some degree from time to time. Another lesson to take from this is,

"Do NOT refrigerate your absinthe."

Was it ever revealed what the precipitate is at the bottom of bottles like that duplais? I seem to remember the discussion coming up before...

MTG, I never had a problem. When the roads are good, I've always been anxiously waiting for my prize packages to snatch from the delivery man before they could possibly get cold. When the roads are bad, I have the packages delivered to my office. I'm cool! B)

Edit: Ah! here we go.

You know I just realized the dose line on my Cordon is 1.5oz instead of the 1oz I was used to in my old reserviors. Hmmm, alrighty then, how 'bout a P31v next?

Had a G'Vine and tonic last night. Very nice. I don't see this as being a good martini gin; the flavor would be too forthright, but I think it would work well in mixed drinks. It definitely worked in the G&T.

Had a couple of whiskey cokes tonight. Apartment hunting is stressful. Been hunting for three days, but it feels like it's been weeks.

I've been knockin'em back to help fill out the new reviews section.

8 absinthes today/ tonight. I'm done for now.

ha! What does it take to get to that point?

Out of control Absomphesizing usually suffices to hit critical mass.

At least it did for me. :blowup:

I've been knockin'em back to help fill out the new reviews section.

8 absinthes today/ tonight. I'm done for now.

only 8? ;)

I'll go read the reviews now.

Shiner bock. I'm in texas after all.

Earlier i had 2 glasses of cab, and some scotch.

A classic martini with Plymouth.

A cuke martini with Miller's Gin.

A classic martini with Bombay Gin.

An Obituary Cocktail.

A classic martini with Bombay.

Uh oh. :drunk: