DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Last night was a LOT of drinking. The coctail hour was comprised of dozen upon dozens of drink recipes, each set up at a different table. Too many to remember.

In the afternoon, when the plane landed, I headed straight for the Lost Ingredient Seminar, which was VERY well attended. HAd a bunch of samples there. All were great. I missed some because I got there late, but the ones I DID have, were delectable.

The Cocktail hour:

Pimm's Cup on the way to the room

Starfish Cooler

Drinkboy's Scotch cocktail

Lucid

Something from the lady next to Kevin Braunch's table

A 'progressive' Jaeger Cocktail from Kevin Braunch

A Bulleit cocktail

Grape Mojito

St. Germain

Something else from the table next to the Grape Mojito guys

Then we went to dinner, which encompassed 5 cocktails (1 before dinner, and 4 to go along with each of the 4 courses). More on these when I get home and can look through my journal.

Afterwards, we went for a bit of a stroll, then back to the bar at the Monteleone for another Pimm's Cup and then some Marteau de Cerveau. Wonderful stuff.

I tell ya, if I lived here, I'd have arteries as hard as granite, with a liver to match. I'm loving it all! :cheers:

I just had TWO Serpis 65, one with Red Bull and the other with cherry soda. Now I have to fly away to a party. I feel like I've just swallowed a mouthful of red licorice chased with a Pepsi. :laugh:

Our friends returned from Jamaica so in celebration they made jerked chicken, rice & peas and served some very tasty Mojitos. We're planning a rafting/fly fishing vacation soon. A couple of them, as a matter of fact. ;)

Back home now with a glass of absinthe. Fridays are nice.

:arrr: I guess it should really be a cocktail that we toast our lucky friends in New Orleans but instead we toast you with an Abyss that just keeps tasting better. MPC, hope you feel better soon.....what a bummer! Have fun for all of us.

Thanks! Sipping La Valote. Stomach feels better but still not going out.

3 glasses of Clandestine - I love this stuff.

Amish oven fried chicken, fresh corn, and baby salad greens with homegrown tomato and a nice lemon vinegarette.

I go back to work tomorrow after weeks off with a bone infection. Maybe I should make cookies.? Italian S cookies made with anise. Old Italian recipe. PM me if you want it.

We can't wait to see the photos and the perspectives on NOLA. I will for sure go next year.

Guess I better either cook more or shave me legs.........

I'm with Shabba. I had numerous cocktails thrown my way at the Sipping Party. I can't remember all the names. My favorite cocktail of the moment is a Ramos Gin Fizz (and I was one of those Gin haters!)

Finally tried the Perique. I was simply amazed. More please.

Did anyone see the segment about Absinthe and the Combier distillery on the history channel, channel#17 cable repeat at 2:00am episode-The Christian Brothers Distillery

:cheers: to all

Watched the most recent Cocktail Spirit episode tonight and realised I have all the ingredients in the house to make today's featured cocktail, the Daiquiri. I tend to overlook that one a lot and the episode caused me to have a hankerin' for it.

Hurting gnag, still. I've been drinking on nothing but iced tea and water all day. Ugh!!!

Who in the hell is using my profile to post? This is the second post I have come across as 'me' when I didn't write it.

3 days away and I have a lot to catch up on, I see. I have a nice cold glass of absinthe sitting in front of me and I'm getting ready to play catch-up. Ahem, this is where we've been...

Vacation.jpg

Awww. Bless your heart. How awful for you, T. I'd hate to have to endure those kind of settings for 3 whole days. :)

What kind of absinthe for you tonight?

this is where we've been...

post-371-1185328823_thumb.jpg

Nice Picture !

I wish I was there right now.

Mpc

Love the new avatar!

I am sipping a Bda #2 sample that a generous WS friend sent me!

Thanks a bunch! Apropos for now.

Yeah, the St. Germaine is quite good and it was a nice surprise to get a free small bottle at the "Lost Ingredients Seminar" there. I'm looking forward to trying that gin/twist combo at home.

I'm sipping Angelique while T73 is shooing a four point buck away from a plum tree.

The buck is paying no attention.

Oh, there goes the bottle rocket.

Our dog paid attention.

The float trip was incredible. The North Fork is a very primitive place.

It is hard to grasp how desolate a place can be until you go there yourself.

I'm even more in awe of the fact that it is a mere 65 miles from my home.

The Angelique shows tremendous promise. It is much too young to drink yet.

I'm looking forward to tasting it again in six or so months.

And then again in a year.

I think this one reveal itself over time.

I love your avatar, MPC!

I'm fond of hot dogs. :cheers:

I somehow ended up with 4 of those St. Germaine bottles by the time I got home. Damnest thing is, I wasn't all that impressed. Eh, the bottle is purdy enough to give away as a nice, eclectic gift I suppose.

Rangpur and tonic, the perfect way to finish this day.

Bill,

Today is wednesday....isn't it?

Maggie and T73,

The float looks great. How was the fishin'?

I had Rangpur last night followed by Plymouth and then a glass of something green. It was Tuesday then.

It took dialing three different time zones to find someone to speak with.

My eyes hurt. B)

Oh, OK I thought maybe I was caught in a time warp, again.

Another G&T this time with the Plymouth. :cheers: