DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Montmartre.

Ok, this was the one I was going to leave for another night, and that would be tonight.

I actually really like this one the best. Weird, eh?

Better than Duplais for sure. (For my palate so far.)

Clandestine was the obvious first choice, thank you all, and I'll be ordering more. That is perfect for sharing with friends... if they get past the hearsay, I'm beginning to hate explaining things.

Spot on.

But I really really like this.one. For sure takes a trial and error to get it where my new tastebuds like it, but it's going to be a favorite.

On my third glass and off to cook dinner and watch Garden State.

Tonight is fresh from the garden Ratatouille. It's summer in Charlotte.

Excellent with this Mont. With fresh herbs, totally plays it.

Cheers!

Jana Banana

Tonight I'm going to do the unthinkable and finish off the last of my Edouard :shock: :cheers:

I just HATE when that happens! :no:

I have vowed not to drink that last glass of Eddy until I have the means to buy more. I don't know what the hell's the difference, except to say that I will be able to directly compare different batches a couple of years apart.

Well, if you must! :cheers:

This evening started with an un-named green drink. Followed by some Prototype 31. Trying to keep the level of the bottles the same is going to be bad one day. ;)

To Monday, :cheers:

Had a glass of Serpis, a little VdF, and now I'm off to the grocery store for dinner- no worries, I walk!

Was thinking about opening the Duplais just to compare, but that's probably going to result in me spending a lot of money a lot sooner.

This past Friday I introduced absinthe to one of my co-workers and his fiancee. I got two bottles of Lucid shipped last week. The first bottle was gone that night. I was very impressed with Lucid. For both of these people trying absinthe for the first time, I couldn't keep their glasses full throughout the night. It was definitely a hit.

Personally, I'm hesitant to give Lucid a try...and I'm not sure if it's even sold anywhere in my area as of yet.

Glad that it worked out well for you and your friends, though. Give a review - I know I'd be interested to hear it!

I just might, Shabba.

I mean, being that Lucid represents a big step forward for the absinthe industry in the US I should at least give it a try. Since that's what the WS is here to accomplish, it seems a good way to lend some support and put my money where my mouth is.

Personally, I'm hesitant to give Lucid a try...and I'm not sure if it's even sold anywhere in my area as of yet.

Glad that it worked out well for you and your friends, though. Give a review - I know I'd be interested to hear it!

I ordered 2 bottles from LaNell's in Brooklyn, NY (shipped to Chino Hills). Most places are out but supposedly will be in stock before the end of this month. You can call some places on their website to see if anyone has any in stock.

I have only tried 3 different absinthes, I doubt a review from me would be worthy. But I will say at $60 a bottle, you really don't have much to lose!

It was definitely a hit.
That's great!

Not to resurrect a conversation that's been covered ad mortem in another thread, but I think Lucid's gentle profile makes it a good introductory absinthe for first-timers. If they like Lucid, they'll likely be open to more complex absinthes down the line.

I agree Brooks.

This evening I'm having Razzouk Arak. A bottle I found last night while cleaning out a closet. What a decent surprise. ;)

Wow, I wish I'd find stuff like that in closets.

Had some P31B.

Two separate thoughts, though. None found hidden away.

Though every now and then I find something on my shelf in a tiny bottle that I forgot I had. ;)