DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

And let's not forget that someone here has Cyril and Methodius Day and Jan Hus Day coming up as well. Hus I truly appreciate. And I even saved some fireworks for Amerika Day. But without the kids, how much fun is that?

Working on the second part of my Blackwood's v. Hendrix martinis showdown. The Hendricks is much more complex and floral, but also a lot sharper. At this stage I'm still favoring Blackwood's. But a cucumber could make all the difference.

There's a Canada Day?

And people celebrate it?

I like Canada Day better than the fourth, onacuz it's quieter.

Over here, 18 miles south of the border, at least.

Sippong my second glass of Lucid...earlier it was a fine Beffeater's Martini. I really like the way gin preceeds absinthe. Of course, it can lead to drunk posting, which shall commence if number three round of Lucid is dripped. Actually, I don't know about posting but the Lucid is calling.

We have Canada Day in The Flathead. It's yet another reason to party in Back Country Central.

Maggie I think you may have taken the wrong way home! Do they talk of boats alot? A-boat this and a-boat that.

Margarita

Old Fashioned

Lucid (still don't like it)

Some artisanal stuffs

Nightwatch

Margarita

Been watchin' the Young Ones with friends. It's one of my favourite shows and it's been years since I've gotten to watch it. Ate barbecue pork steaks.

Ain't life grand.

Typical day in the neighborhood last night. Pivo and slivovice. Very flavorful, very smooth. Lethally easy to drink. I've got nice neighbors. They have nice friends in Moravia.

Lethally easy to drink.

Totally agreed-gonna hit one on Friday probablement (it is being delivered). Right now, waer.

A few Amber Bock's tonight and a whole lot of firework smoke!

The kidlets are asleep now, so a couple whiskey and coke. It's been a great day!

The 4th of July went largely unnoticed up here in BCLand where the summer weather is splendid and intoxicating. I just had a Fuller's London Pride Ale and am settling in. Hopefully my fountain will arrive soon so I can have a small absinthe party this Saturday before trundling off to see *Inland Empire* which I already saw in first release in NY last Dec. I find David Lynch and Combier to be a very savoury combination. I'll try to get a pic.

*sigh* Last evening I tried the Kalnacher Red in my favorite absinthe glass. When it was over the glass had a chip/crack in it. Both were disposed of properly. *sniff*

Finished the night with a sweet Wildberry Shiraz. The Precious and myself had steak and baked potato while we watched fireworks in high def. We were living large last evening. ;)

2 pitchers of sangria & grilled steak started the evening. After that we took the dinghy out next to the fireworks barge & watched the display. One miss-fire went off about 50 feet above the barge, that was interesting.

I just had a Fuller's London Pride Ale and am settling in.

I've met a few Canadians at the Archer Alehouse here in Bellingham, and that seems to be the only ale they'll they'll drink...I've actually seen more than one of them walk out if it's not on draught, despite the rather impressive selection of alternative microbrews available.

I understand that the Canadian beer palate is more in line with the British, and that many of our craft brews are a bit too hoppy for you guys, but Fuller's London pride isn't all that, and a bag of chips, it's just okay.

Now, Fuller's ESB, on the other hand...I know, I know, it's summer, and the London Pride is a thirst quencher, eh? B)

I pride myself on being able to switch from Canadian to US identities at the drop of a louche, since I hold two passports. When I go to my American homeland, I am a US citizen and please don't hassle me at the airport or look in my bag were I've stashed bottlles :shock: - but in Canada or the rest of the world I am a proud Canadian who is indignant at the US :nono: I'm looking into Mexican citizenship now. It's great to be child of North America. :wave2: Fine Spirits Corner is now offering Blanchette so I'd better make an order now...

A xit-load of beer. Just got back from Portland. Out of everything we tried, I fell in love with Anderson Valley Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema. Gotz that yummy goodness I've only found in Highlands Cold Mountain.

I also tracked down a bottle of 2005 Girardet Baco Noir at Blue Heron shop in Tillamook that I had read about. Mindblowing! The best bottle of wine I've had to date. Pitch black unless in direct sunlight. Huge legs and a truckload of fruit! 20 clams.