DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I think it had more to do with the old law preventing liquor being shipped from out of state. Our current Governor pretty much had that one struck off the record. He enjoys a stiff drink or five himself. Anyway, I think BevMo still has Montana on the do not ship list despite the law update. That's 90% guess with only 10% information. I'm sure there are other considerations.

I have been on a Lemon Drop kick lately. I think it is time to start practicing for the SoCal event with a glass of Clandestine.

Oh, yeah. That's good. :thumbup:

Anyone know how to scare up a bottle of Aviation Gin?

Will BevMo deliver?

Thanks & :cheers:

Dang, T! You had me salivatin' at the prospect, but alas, BevMo will not deliver spirits to GA. They are out of the Fever-Tree tonic to boot. I guess I'll just have to keep looking...

Inspired by all this gin and tonic talk today I just had to make myself one, a Saphire and Schweppes. Uhhh it's OK. Next up a Plymouth or Tanqueray.

Dang, T! You had me salivatin' at the prospect, but alas, BevMo will not deliver spirits to GA. They are out of the Fever-Tree tonic to boot. I guess I'll just have to keep looking...

I was afraid of that.

Two places I haven't tried to order from:

Crush

and

Wally's

Has anyone else tried either business?

One link leads to another and another and eventually, I ended up here which has a less than favorable review of Bulldog but a glowing review of "Back River Gin." Neither of which do I know anything about but now I'm curious about both. And I still don't have my "Bluecoat!" So much booze. So little time.

Well, it is noon somewhere in this country. I am now opening up a bottle of Louis Jadot Beaulolais. That and a couple pain relevers sould do me just fine. I fell down a flight of stairs yesterday. I am banged up and cut up. I look kind of like a mummy. Why oh why do I have no absinthe in the house? Where is the humanity?

Why oh why do I have no absinthe in the house? Where is the humanity?

You emptied the bottles just prior to, and was the cause of, falling down the stairs?

Sorry to hear.

Find someone to massage those lumps. You'll feel better.

Just poured myself a Monte. Still like the nose better than the taste, but it grows on me more every time I try it.

Definitely not nice. Hope you get better :cheers: Beaujolais as pain-reliever is quite nice, though.

It's a rare chilly night in Chicago in June. I'm going to celebrate with a nice, hot coffee from somewhere in our southern states.

I'm stumped, too. :g: Is this like a joke?

Yes, and no.

I'm just running out of excuses to keep teetotaling, and my resistance is weakening.

As for Mr. Dunne's pledge, why that's just crazy talk, coming from any sane absintheur...

Or is that an oxymoron? :twitchsmile:

Alright, perhaps I will have a Combier tonight - hand poured from a glass carafe mind you and just for Olde Times sake. But I steadfastly refuse to louche another with a fountain until ______________!

I started off with DITA's made with Prosecco. Big mistake. The prosecco wasn't sweet enough to work and just made me have to sink the concoction. So I settled for Prosecco sans absinthe, and now I'm having a BDF while the SO has a Duplais. My head is already spinning and tomorrow's a school day! :cheers:

Old Fart: I'll give you a reason. Keep teetotaling until you actually go to an event. Once there, you will NEED to start drinking. I plan to annoy the hell out of you.

Mmmm, arthritis cracklins. An old southern favorite! Sprinkled with Aricept.

Do I hear the sound of hell freezing over?:tongue:

How about the temptation of Flyers then? :wave2:

I would also be amazed if Alex holds out for that.

Know what? I never had a gin and tonic until about a month ago. I didn't think I really liked gin. Right now I would really like some but I don't have any in the apartment!