DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Dereniówka (finished, the next one in the making), Niedermenniger Euchariusberg Riesling Spatlese 2003 QmP (simply excellent, with citrusy kick), and obviously gentiane with tonic (Kinley this time) - the best cocktail so far (except for the one with absinthe that was more than awesome). :cheers:

Last night was a very simple evening consisting of:

#1 Segarra 45

#2 VdF

#3 Clandestine

#4 Eichelberger

#5 Blanchette

By the end of #5, I had difficulty moving about. But today I'm fit as a fiddle and ready for anything, I suppose.

Gonna louche up a Lucid this evening. Had a LONG LONG day of house projects, readying the place for the open house tomorrow. I'm frikkin BEAT! My favorite project of the day was installing the new convection/microvave/range hood. It really compliments the rest of the kitchen.

IMAGE_00045.jpg

So, a Lucid, then hitting the hay. Up at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow.

Last night was a very simple evening consisting of:

#1 Segarra 45

#2 VdF

#3 Clandestine

#4 Eichelberger

#5 Blanchette

By the end of #5, I had difficulty moving about. But today I'm fit as a fiddle and ready for anything, I suppose.

:wave2:

Makes you wonder how you survived the green hour!!!

Looks good Shabba.

We bought our grandson a swing set for his third b'day. I had great pleasure watching the dad and his friend put it all together with about a dozen children trying to help. Ain't I a little stinker! :devil:

Tonight I'm going to try the Rangpur with tonic water. One drink.

<-----------Feeling kind of spunky.

Sweet looking kitchen.

I'm drinking a nice Blanche after having several beer while making 28# of bratwurst ( about 150 brats).

What a fucking job!

I used two prok butts and a hind quarter from a deer.

It was worth all the work though. I just tasted a patty made from the left overs.

Great!Done.JPG

That is about 2/3 of them.

Ya dang skippy they are. Yummy!

The Rangpur caught me a bit off guard with the lime presence I guess. I find it quite refreshing. Thanks to those that felt it was good. I'll have another drink or several, next week.

Cheers! ya'll

I've had a high-pressure week organizing a music festival - my guests start arriving tomorrow, so I feel that I deserve to get wasted until the professional mode has to kick in again and I do my concert Monday night. Tonight, a MdC. I called a liquor store in NY today to find out how Lucid was doing. They said they had great response; now I just have to figure out how to get some here...

Hot tea with honey and Merry's Irish whiskey.

I feel compelled to shove a handful of knives down my throat and finish the work this fucking evil virus is doing on me. *snarl*

I had some plum wine earlier, but after reading some of the other threads I'm upgrading to some PF 1901.

I feel compelled to shove a handful of knives down my throat and finish the work this fucking evil virus is doing on me. *snarl*

After six days, the evil virus has finally left my body.

Now, on to try some of that Lucid that has been staring at me since Friday. :cheers:

I'm with the two posts above plus, you'll have it out of the way and be back to "normal" by mid-July. :)

Drunk/medicated posts or calls appreciated. We are there for you Nymph.

R-e-l-a-x you'll be just fine.

:thumbup: You will be amazed how fast you recover.......and you will never go through it again. We will be thinking of you! :wave2:

Thanks for the well wishes. I was put completely out and before I knew it, I was being told to wake up; the procedure was over.

My entire face is numb and it looks like an albino pumpkin. I tried to drink water and wore it instead. At least I got peanut butter fudge ice cream in the freezer. If only I could feel my lips. ;)

Ice cream is always good unless there are big chunks of chocolate in it. Then, you have to wait for them to melt. At least that's what I had to do when I had mine taken out.

Sipped a Chimay Red while grilling some tri-tip and yellow zucchini (basted with bay & basil infused olive oil), fresh sweet corn too! Then Strawberry Shortcake to pack it all in tightly.

Next up, round one with that Lucid stuff...

Holy crap.

I'm just making some chicken curry tonight. I'm jealous.

I bet you'll look great in Peanut Butter Fudge ice-cream.

She'd probably get cold though, unless she had something else on too. ;)

Seriously though, I'm trying to get my kid to have the same thing done real soon, so I'm glad to hear yours went well and quickly. Hope you feel better fast and don't run out of ice cream!

I bet you'll look great in Peanut Butter Fudge ice-cream.

She'd probably get cold though, unless she had something else on too. ;)

Why yes, yes she would get cold and then she'd look like Peanut Butter Fudge Chocalate "Chip" ice cream.

Get better soon, Nymph!

A mauresque, aka Bureau Arabe. Or two!

I searched for these terms, and either I'm not using the search function correctly or nobody's mentioned them here, so I'll elaborate. I first heard about this on LdF's "Historic Cocktails" page here.

Mauresque or Bureau Arabe

Created by the famous French " Bat' d'Af' "(Bataillon d'Afrique) soldiers during the Algerian campaign of the 1830's and 40's. The term 'Bureau Arabe' referred to the military office that dealt with local affairs and the drink was named after it because both were supposed to be like 'an iron fist in a velvet glove'.

- one part absinthe (a 'part' being anywhere from 3 to 5 cl., according to mood)

- one part orgeat (almond syrup)

- ice-water added to taste

Ridiculous. It's like a party in your mouth!

I made a couple last night for my wife and myself. She flipped! I thought, oh, this is a-a-a-y too sweet, wa-a-a-y to almondy-yummy. Seriously. One of the best things I ever tasted, and at the same time, I'm like, oh, this is too over the top!

So tonight, I figured I'd prepare my absinthe the regular way, but leave out the sugar. Then, after adding the water, I'd add some orgeat instead of sugar syrup, maybe just a half a tsp. Nope, not quite there. Maybe another half a tsp. Better, but still not quite there.

I must make another. The equal parts thing in the recipe above may turn out to be just about right. The first ones I made last night were almondy with the floral, herby, bitter absinthe flavors as a background. And maybe that is exactly how it should be.

I hope you all appreciate the effort and hard work I'm putting into refining this recipe!

:yahoo: