DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Hi absinhist

Thanks for the vote of confidence. But my post will be more general than a full review. A full review I leave to the more experienced members of the society. Also they will ship in the U.S.

:cheers:

:cheers:

I have read only two reviews so far and all in all, Lucid shall be da thing, if a bit light in various aspects, however depending with which absinthes it is/was compared with.

From time to time I think it might be nice to move to the Keys. It sounds like you don't live there anymore. What's your take on it as a place?

It's been described as a drinking place with a fishing problem. It is that. It's hot. Wet hot. The colors of the water are incredible. Water spouts can be fun to watch. Fishing is mostly really good (some species are seasonal). Put away the graphite rod when the lightning starts!

Traffic is horrendous (the result of only one road). Don't bother trying to turn left across traffic. Turn right and make a u-turn a couple of miles later.

Oh yeah...the year before we left- we packed up to evacuate 4 times because of hurricanes.

Never regretted the move. That's my take.

He forgot to mention the mosquitoes and how we actually were glad to see the plane fly over dumping chemicals on us.

Keys are best as a place to visit.

Three Philosophers this afternoon and Knappogue Castle 1992 Irish Single Malt this evening.

I'm sure your perceptions would be completely different if you'd been drinking absinthe.

I'm certain that you are right. Glad we're drinking it here though.

Haven't had the Three Philosophers that peridot mentioned but the other Omagang is terrific.

It was another day here in the high 90s. While the other WS people pant and moan about the heat in NOLA during TOTC, I think I'll feel quite comfortable.

If you lounge around anything like your avatar the panting and moaning you hear will have nothing to do with the weather, although they will be feeling the heat.

Nymph, you'll be fine, and I'll be okay, if only 'cuz I know what to expect. But the Northwesterners won't know what hit 'em! (That said, I'm only truly happy when the thermometer dips below 70.)

Perique this morning. The precious and I are looking forward to TOTC, heat/humidity and all. ;)

The NO trip is about all we talked about on our trip home from Austin.

Couldn't sleep so a bit of reading and a glass, or two, of Perique is working quite well.

To the TOTC crew :cheers:

After taking one for the team and trying the awful concoction of gin and molasses, I've moved on to a Boulevard Lunar Ale, which I am enjoying on my new couch. :cheers:

Hey Doc! 1 degree from Rudy, eh? Cool.

I haven't posted on this topic since "returning" because I've been drinking absolutely NO absinthe and am 99.9% more busy than I've been in my 100% home office days!

I'll have to see about convincing Leroy to let me buy a sip or two while here in Minneapolis.

Hope all is well.

PS "NO" is not Nouvelle Orleans in this message.

A most lovely '06 raspberry pyment tonight.......along with copper river salmon and zucchini on the grill. Oh, life is good. :cheers:

Speakin' of pirates, I'm moving to Rogue Hazelnut spiced rum. :twitchsmile:

Sweet!

Really.

But it sounds good if your tooth is inclined in that direction.

Right now some darjeeling tea. Later on, it will be green beverages.

I think the meal will be calamari with broccoli and pasta. Though I very tempted to cook up some red rice instead of the pasta.

I am going to a fancy-dancy gala tonight. (A big affair honoring disabled vets) I am pretty sure they won't have any absinthe there, which means I will be forced to drink my second favourite drink - champagne. Someone's gotta do it. It's almost time to go get the evening clothes on!

I made up a new drink tonight: cranberry vodka + sparkling French lemon aid + a dash of orange flower water. Mmmmmm. I'm liking this waaaaaaaaaaaay better than last night's gin-n-molasses fiasco.

Ok, so I cheated a little and had a couple tiny drinks. One was a Wormwood Bomb, yowee! The other was Ridge Verte I believe. Fun stuff and they sure made me miss the mountains. I'll work on my aim next time. :devil:

Ya'll have a pleasant evening :cheers: