DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Invented an interesting twist on the margarita this evening.

On a whim, I decided to buy a bottle of Lichido, which is a blend of Vodka, Cognac, Lichee, Guava, and White Peach juices.

It's not so good straight, or on ice, but using that as a substitute for Triple Sec or Gran Marnier in a Margarita gives it a VERY nice flavor. I might have a few more of these this evening!

Earlier, before dinner, an absinthe. Very nice.

Then dinner was fresh soft shelled crabs, sautéed simply in butter with a bit of oil. Served on some locally made Tuscan style bread. Complemented with an Ommegang. All I needed was a fire on the beach and I would have been in heaven.

:cheers:

You're a tough audience, Absomphe. Granted, I'm no WBT but it's not too bad for a 5 minute hack job, is it? :pirate:

Hell, no.

I just despise vodka, is all. :cheers:

Then dinner was fresh soft shelled crabs, sautéed simply in butter with a bit of oil.
Mmmmm......soft shells.

Getting near the end of my Duplais, had a nice dinner of tomato soup and grilled cheese with the wife. Yep, it's STILL chilly here. But we're getting ready for our respective sons' graduation parties this weekend, mine tomorrow and hers on sunday. I wish someone could remind me why we did it this way?

On to trying a friends idea of an Arak mixed with a wee tiny bit of, of all things, Tang. I told her I'd probably get thrown outta here for that, but it does taste good with a burger late at night!

;)

:g: Arak with Tang? Let us know how that is. I haven't had Tang in years.

I am trying the P33. Quite good!

I'm off on a company outing tomorrow. A Walleye fishing charter on Mille Lacs lake. :thumbup:

Happy Friday! :cheers:

Heh, y know that I pay a lot of attention to the label details and obviously to the content. Is this vodka good? Is it Welsh, if I understand correctly?

Really, I don't know. It was the first image I saw that looked like an easy hack job for a dumb joke.

Brecon_Vodka.jpg

I have no idea what Brecon is. I bet I haven't drank a 1/2 pint of vodka in the last thirty years.

OMG and Grim are in Austin for the weekend. We drunk-dialed Hiram and T73. I rambled on about something I am sure, but what I am not. Or something like that.

This morning for an eye opener we made Sazaracs with Richard Hennessy and PF1914. Grim said that they tasted like shit and dumped his into the sink.

Earlier, before dinner, an absinthe. Very nice.

Then dinner was fresh soft shelled crabs, sautéed simply in butter with a bit of oil. Served on some locally made Tuscan style bread. Complemented with an Ommegang.

:cheers:

I hope you understand that once I get to NY, I'm having dinner at your house every chance I get.

post-78-1181405220_thumb.jpg

A drink while packing. I'm leaving for France tomorrow, and what better way to get in the mood than a glass of Edouard Pernod?

Joining forces with the traveling road-show? (Is it possible to have a stationary road-show? :g: )

See you next week. :wave2:

I'm having a relaxing glass of NO after a trying day at the carnival.

A pair of eyes on that gottle would have been interesting. :g:

Now we understand "gottle"........have fun in Austin. Great place. :wave2:

Joining forces with the traveling road-show?

Yes. I'll be spending a few days in Paris, meeting some non-absinthe-geek friends who happen to be there at the same time, then join the caravan for Pontarlier. See ya ...

I'm leaving for France tomorrow, and what better way to get in the mood than a glass of Edouard Pernod?
And what appears to be a bottle of poppers.

post-143-1181411948.jpg... :twitchsmile:

That's a very beautiful absinthe glass, by the way.

I will be drinking vodka just today

so here it is: vintage (1960-70) Extra Żytnia, the finest rye and the real 45% vol (I have checked), unbelievably smooth with great spirit warmth and surprisingly bitter (dry) finish - it has used to use fruit distillate added sparingly :laf: in the making.

The one I am showing is from Łańcut, nowadays it is distilled by Bielsko-Biała and is crap. Genuine bottle, genuine 45%, genuine 750 ml, better than Polonaise I have used to sip and to tell you the truth all the premium vodkas of nowadays should hide so as not to be embarassed.

Should you find one similar, go for it, you won't regret it! (1st photo-original label, 2nd photo-original Polmos cap, 3rd photo-typical "Liquor bottle Polish").

:thumbup:

post-1144-1181412083_thumb.jpg

post-1144-1181412162_thumb.jpg

post-1144-1181412213_thumb.jpg

Sgt. Major IPA, in "the stubby." Way back in time, this was the only beer bottle available in Canada. Now it's almost all but gone, though a few brewers hang on (or embrace its retro-awesomeness).

DSCN0642.jpg

Is this 341 ml and 5.5%? Should not the British ipas be sold in pints and at at least 5.7%? I have had Marston's Old Emipre and although quite heavy, 'twas excellent. How was/is the Sergeant? Looks stunning, if little (unless you have a pack :cheers: )

Thanks to Absomphe's long ago recommendation.....and a trip to Bottleworks before the party(both of them.....we just tried our first 2004 De Dolle Stille Nacht. We shared it even. Very special and delicious. Thanks Absomphe-we drank this for you! :wave2:

Tonight it's Blue Moon's Honey Moon Summer Ale, to reward myself after yet another day of unpacking. I'm happy to finally have my internet up and running at the new house. 2 weeks without the WS was just plain awful! To being back. :cheers: