DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Everyone mellows with age :cheers: For me dereniówka with Soave (someone has to work their ideas, though, it would be better for that wine (1999) to be transformed into grappa, still it lacks something and is a bit burnt).

Fair enough! Gin tonight if I get to the store on time.

As for the aging tangent. I kicked and scratched all the way to 30. 40 had me concerned.

50 was a snap. I look forward to each and every morning I wake with a pulse and able to breathe room air.

Sorry for your friend momo.

Edit: Time heals but hearts still ache. :heart:

Sorry to hear that, Momo. I'm going to turn thirty next year, and it definitely is a source of tension for me. For me, the scary thing isn't that I've actually lived thirty years. It's that I might have another fifty or more to go after that.

La Fin du Monde.

Dude, there's no reason to get morbid. It really isn't the end of the world.

I just spoke to Park Ave Liquor and LeNell's Ltd. both said either tomorrow or early next week. :yahoo:

Both took my phone number and said they would call when Lucid arrived.

Have just finished this:

30 ml of Benedictine 60

90 ml of multi-fruit nectar

Mix in 0.2l tall glass and add some Schweppes Tonic Water

very delicious with quite a nice ginger bite.

Congrats TR.WILLY - tell us what ya think when it arrives into your glass :cheers:

TR, I'd be most grateful if you'd post a heads-up when Park Avenue Liquors calls. When I phoned this morning, no one offered to notify me.

"Brooks = chopped liver!" — Park Avenue Liquors

Eduard for me. NO for Maggie. We'll look for something better after this as we toast another friend and say good-bye. Time to think fondly of 20+ years of good memories of a sweet man and fine actor.

We might need a Black Thread around here to say farewell. It's getting damn too common. :cheers:

The memories are far to pleasant to be stashed in such a gloomy sounding place.

Pets, friends and family, some our heroes, others have made our lives rich beyond measure. :heart:

To friends past :cheers:

Helfrich this evening, missed the store. :)

TR, I'd be most grateful if you'd post a heads-up when Park Avenue Liquors calls. When I phoned this morning, no one offered to notify me.

Most certainly Brooks,glad to help. :wave2:

:cheers:

Eduard for me. NO for Maggie. We'll look for something better after this as we toast another friend and say good-bye. Time to think fondly of 20+ years of good memories of a sweet man and fine actor.

My sympathies to you and maggie.

Had the bro over tonight,

saw an exhibit of Beatles artwork (yes all 5 Beatles, work from Stu was there)

finished the night with some Triple 8 Bourbon,

not bad, the grain flavors were there, but it seemed too dry/sharp, more oak aging would have helped.

We might need a Black Thread around here to say farewell. It's getting damn too common. <sigh> :cheers:

Maybe a greener pastures thread?

Sorry to hear of your loss.

It's a weird feeling when the good-byes start picking up a head of steam, isn't it?

Condolences, T.

Call me a dumbass but yes,

though there was no artwork from him present.

But he will be at the gallery on Saturday since his band is playing in the area.

It is very easy not to stop if you start in the very morning, coz then the absinthe tastes the most refreshing and REALLY wakes up (but you have to miss the breakfast so as not to interrupt the flaovour coming down your throat).

What? You've never poured Serpis over Capt'n Crunch? ;)

Truth be told, I drink very sparingly. Dangerous talk for a booze forum, I know.

Yes, better delete that post, "drinking sparingly"=blasphemy :devil: .

Seriously, everything depends on the day, but usually if absinthe gets into act in the morning, it is drunk before breakfast or sometimes together with. I remember adding one shot to my morning green (notabene) tea.

Wasn't there an historic absinthe named "The Same"?

Tiring day at the annual carnival in the neighboring town with the wee one. Had to guzzle some big Blackwood's g 'n' t's just to rehydrate. ;) The wife and the wild one went off to Litomyšl for ostrich ferns and friend visiting. So I'm capping my evening with an Urquell. They won't be back until tomorrow evening. I just need to steel myself for more fun at the carnival tomorrow. :twitchsmile: Big crowds, blaring noise and the car-crash fascination of itinerant carnies: not my cuppa but the wee one is eager to return. And there is plenty of beer, food - roast suckling pig, for one standout - not to mention mead and even found a nice dead animal-thing birthday present for the wife today. Now, how scared of the scary rides is the wee one really? (The wild one loathes them.)

What is this Very Sparingly of which you speak? Is it a mixer of some kind? A new absinthe?

The pet name for Lucid, perhaps, as in, "Because there is no thujone in Lucid, upon which to tripbalz™, I drink it...Very Sparingly.