DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

[Chopin martini, straight up, dry, chilled with three olives. Fuck the martini gin ruling!

That could be an expection :devil: Which one? Regular or Black variety?

SOS tonight from good old Bloomington, MN!

Cheers! :cheers:

It has been one of those days.

I just made a tall Tanqueray and tonic (short on the tonic)! :cheers:

If a day where nothing works at work and the management is full of bullshit is "one of those days", then it has been for me as well.

It does not, however, bother me at all. I look at it as entertainment - not only for free, they even pay me. It's like watching The Office from the inside. Besides, what really matters right now is how damn good the glass of Duplais Balance I am currently sipping tastes, and that I'll be in Paris on Sunday.

Rangpur and tonic this evening. Sitting out on the deck. It's hot, and it's humid, and these things are going down REALLY easily. Later I will fire up a GoF robusto, and maybe I'll sip on a bit of Perique. Or, maybe I'll just go to bed. B)

I'm having a crappy week. Well, first off to stay on topic, I'm drinking some cheap Chardonnay.

A girl I went to High School with was killed this week. She was a grade above me, their 10 year reunion is on Saturday. She left behind two kids. I might be a little tipsy, but was really bothers me is that my 10 year is next year. I hadn't realized it till now. I feel really old! And don't give me all that crap about well I'm "this age" and I'm "this age". You can't say that approaching 30 was a scary time for you too. I never imagined I'd live this long!

Sorry to hear about your friend momo.

I avoid those class reunions like the plague. The pictures I saw from the last one (yes 20+ years!) were horrible, I thought who are all those fat old people?

Hi all

Tonight for me,Perique and channel 13s tribute to Ella Fitzgerald.Real smooth,Real cool. :thumbup:

:cheers: to all

To momo

Sorry to hear about you're loss. I know how it feels.

I'm having a crappy week. Well, first off to stay on topic, I'm drinking some cheap Chardonnay.

A girl I went to High School with was killed this week. She was a grade above me, their 10 year reunion is on Saturday. She left behind two kids. I might be a little tipsy, but was really bothers me is that my 10 year is next year. I hadn't realized it till now. I feel really old! And don't give me all that crap about well I'm "this age" and I'm "this age". You can't say that approaching 30 was a scary time for you too. I never imagined I'd live this long!

Hell, today I finished up with finals, knowing i only have one more year left of school before i have to enter the "real world." Thankfully i have some fine product from the Great Lakes brewing company to help me out.

That doesn't sound right, MTG. Then again, I've been drinking a lot of water this evening so I'm probably not at my best judgment.

Sorry, Momo. That stinks.

Nymph: 30 was cake. 40 sucked. 50 was a breeze.

Well T73 it tastes good enough that I'm having another.

For me 30 was a drunken cake walk, 40 is just around the corner and I'm dreading it with intensity. 50? I'll never see 50.

Two proper martinis before dinner. A blanche after dinner.

MTgrayling, is that the astronauts beverage of choice? ;)

I had a quarter life crisis just to get it out of the way. 30 was okay, 40 was fine dark chocolate truffles.

By the time I hit 38 I had passed all my chronological expectations and I was free to live life in the moment. Not bad at all and it keeps getting better. :cheers:

We just have never been bothered by any age so far.......being happy is so much more important.

Sorry Momo.

That sounds good MT.....have you tried the Pegu or Jasmine yet?

Ah ha, now I get it. Hmm I may have to pick some tang up, it's been awhile, like 30 years.

By the time I hit 38 I had passed all my chronological expectations and I was free to live life in the moment. Not bad at all and it keeps getting better. :cheers:

I like that philosophy! Cheers Maggie and T.

That sounds good MT.....have you tried the Pegu or Jasmine yet?

Not yet Bluescat, I'm still trying to perfect the Gin and Tonic. I shall give them a try soon though, you and Sonny haven't led me astray yet.

For me 50 was when I got in touch with my mortality, :thumbdown: 55 is when I discovered Absinthe.:thumbup:

As for 60 I'll let you know in 5 years.But when you think about it you're only as old as you feel.

:cheers: to all

Thanks guys. This is just the third person I know that's my age to die this year. It has made me rethink my mortality.

A Sazerac, a Manhattan and something I don't have a name for yet.

And don't give me all that crap about well I'm "this age" and I'm "this age". You can't say that approaching 30 was a scary time for you too. I never imagined I'd live this long!
I'll say this much: you are now making the memories of your later years, make it count, make it something you can look back on with a sigh of contentment. I know I did.
you're only as old as you feel.
That's what I was afraid of.

I live to make others feel miserable. There are so many people in the world that deserve to feel miserable that, well, it gives me a reason to live a long time. :devil:

Unfortunately, although I can talk the talk, I can't walk the walk.

I am stubbornly not gonna let my kids do me in. No matter how hard they try. And they do.

What goes around comes around, I guess. :wave2:

Aging is kinda fun. It just takes a while to get into the rhythm of it. :cheers:

Bah.

Old age smacked me way early. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, chronic back pain, and I think I'm structurally composed of arthritis. It's okay though. At least I still look my age... when I'm not using my walker. :wheelchair:

Pan Buh, that reminds me of my personal motto: Nothing helps a bad mood better than spreading it around. ;)