DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

That's a beautiful picture, Alyssa. Makes me long for the coming vacation, with its warm cliffs, hot sand and the salty water... :)

Had a couple of glasses of FG yesterday, and an unnamed blanche. It's dangerous how quickly the FG goes down; it's like the lemonade of absinthes. Simple and straightforward.

Just had a late breakfast here, with fresh Melissa Juice (delivered by Boards of Canada) to the Earl Grey. A good couple, and a soft start on a drowsy Saturday morning. Clear blue sky and a warm sun today. I'll be working in the garden today.

Went to an Irish Whiskey tasting tonight. Here's the list in no order because I didn't take notes until halfway through.

Great googly moogly, man! With a list like that, I'm amazed you were still able to take notes halfway through.

Alyssa are you still boatless??? Great photo.

Unfortunately, yes. Now instead of sailing all the time, I'm just on the beach all the time. In fact, I'm getting packed up to ride the Schwinn down there dow.

Went to an Irish Whiskey tasting tonight.

My kinda place!

The Connemara is basically an Irish interpretation of Scotch. It's pretty darned good, but not what you'd drink if you were in the mood for an Irish whiskey. Definitely something good to turn to if you want a Scotch though.

Thanks to FSC, my ClB arrived today, (Canada Post even delivers on Saturdays! Right to my door!) so I will be trying that tonight.

I'm not sure if I have ever had it before, but, for sure, I will have now. :cheers:

So, instead of What Are You Drinking Tonight, it's What Will You Be Drinking Tonight.

MTC I enjoy the Helfrich also it just has the thinnest louche of any brand I have and, even after aging for 6 months, still has a strange turpentine aroma in the nose. My Eichelberger had a similiar note, but it seems to have gone away with age.
I had to give the Helfrich another taste tonight after reading some of the recent posts. I find it very slow to louche but what a beautiful louche it has when finished. Opalescent, if you will. While dripping I smelled a soft floral aroma. T73 was dripping a blanche at the same time and the two may have combined to make a lovely bouquet. I used one and a half sugar cubes and watered about 5:1. The mouth feel is soft as silk. It is clean yet complex. Astringent in a good way. I love the way the wormwood dances from tastebud to tastebud. It is a real tongue number. I've recently become re-enamored with the Eichelberger. Does anyone else smell sweet orange? :cheers:

Magic City Brewfest tonight. With a 6% alcohol cap.

For what they were able to bring in it was nice. Got to try Rogue Brutal Bitter, Hazelnut Brown Nectar, and St. Rogue Red tonight. I liked them all but the Brutal Bitter was the fave of the three. Terrapin India Brown Ale was pretty good and Left Hand Haystack Wheat was okay. Big local news is that Chapeau artificial syrup pseudo Lambics are coming to Birmingham. They really suck bad. Nothing else new to the area was worth mentioning, though.

Sigh.

At least I supported the local better beer lobby so maybe next year we can get these stupid laws changed.

We had Rogue Brutal Bitter with dinner tonight. We picked it up from one of our local happy hippie food stores. I hadn't had beer in a while and forgot how filling it is. It also made me quite drowsy. Gotta love those hops. :heart:

Magic City Brewfest tonight. With a 6% alcohol cap.

Hopefully there was some legerdemain being practiced to surreptitiously raise that alcohol cap in Magic City. :thumbup:

Unfortunately not. It was highly regulated by the government and there were cops and stuff everywhere. It was like they were determined that nothing not allowable in the state would touch the tongue of anyone, because then the public might actually know what it's missing and start bitching. :shrug:

What are the odds? I'm sipping a CLB as I wait for the return of the Punk. His dinner tonight: calamari & tuna marinating in lime and dill on a bed of spring herb salad and sesame/basil crust pizza.

After a few extremely vivid dreams last night, I decided to sip vodka and tonic tonight for some sorely needed rest. ;)

I have a very long and potentially ugly day scheduled for Monday. I like Mondays just as they are......first up and first finished.

As for today, my precious and I rode about 200 miles in perfect weather and made a few side stops to waste time and a few hard earned $$$.

Congrats to the Punk and parents! :thumbup:

:cheers: to all!

Last night, I had a couple of cups of fresh, home-roasted coffee. It was mind-blowing. I've never known coffee to have such a rich, complex flavor, but this was just delicious.

Alyssa are you still boatless??? Great photo.

Unfortunately, yes. Now instead of sailing all the time, I'm just on the beach all the time. In fact, I'm getting packed up to ride the Schwinn down there dow.

Give me a shout if you ever want to go out, it's been good sailing the last couple of weeks.

:pirate:

Rangpur and tonic is quickly becomming one of my favorite tipples.

I finally picked up some Rangpur this weekend and I must say I really enjoy it.

Last night was hot so I filled up the fountain thinking only of ice water. Well you know how that goes. An absinthe tour followed with a Duplais blanche, a couple P31v's and a Nouvelle Orleans. What a perfect progession it was. :cheers: