DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, I did enjoy that Tony Sinclair Stuff and tonic. I loathe tonic by itself and I'm not a big fan of Tanqueray's marketing campaign but mixed properly it was just darn tasty. Thank you for insisting I give it a chance.

I've given it two chances tonight and enjoyed them both. :cheers:

A. Raitano- I haven't tried enough of the NO, only a little bit from the first night. Maybe Dan left me some to try again. Did you find it a bit minty too? I use "minty" because I know no other way to describe it.

Yes, as a matter of fact I did. I thought the VS had the same feel too, though not as much. That's OK because I like mint. Adds a little, I don't know, zazz to the whole affair.

Pomegranate Rockstar. The nice people from Rockstar loaded up the trunk of my Beetle with cases of Rockstar at the pre-show tailgate party for Weenie Roast a couple weeks ago. I have been jacked up on Rockstar since!

Great Lakes is good stuff, picked up a six pack of the Commodore Perry on Friday along with the Holy Moses, the Moses is my favorite but the Perry is good too.

I haven't tried that one yet. I'll have to get it next time.

Nothing for us, yet. We have to run Silent to the train station in a bit. His turn to ride to Seattle! His folks go for the booze--he goes for a friend's wedding. What's wrong with kids these days?

Chopin martini, straight up, dry, chilled with three olives. Fuck the martini gin ruling!

Trying some Vilmos (Hungarian pear brandy).

It tastes like pears, but it burns a little lot!

:cheers:

Hey, Leroy! What's up with all the rain we got here in Minneapolis tonight?

:laf:

Head for the hills!

Tonight, I am experimenting with different gins for making Pegu. Tanqueray 10, Rangpur, Bombay, Bombay Saphire, Kensington, Plymouth and Hendricks.

So far, it's a toss up between the Plymouth and the Rangpur. The Rangpur definitely adds a bit more overpowering lime flavor, so other ingredients have to be tinckered with a bit. For the traditional measures, the Plymouth works best.

Oh, and I also used some Blood Orange bitters and compared them with the traditional Orange bitters. They each make a good drink, but I'm leaning more to the blood orange bitters on this one.

What brands of orange bitters have you tried Shabba?

Me, I've had Regan's and Fee Brothers. I prefer the Regan's in most cocktails, more depth of flavour.

ARAK!!! Razzouk.

Lots. Of. Arak.

(And Absente, unfortunately...hope Lucid gets here soon)

Aaron

What's up with all the rain we got here in Minneapolis tonight?

It's June :laf:

At least no one blew away like last week. What a mess!

I am about 45 miles from Minneapolis so I missed the wind last week, but we got the rain today.

I work in the cities area daily. Maybe there is time for a drink while you are here.

I felt like I was on the corner of Ohio and Michigan (Chicago) last week here! The wind never died down!

Yes! I am here Monday mornings through Thursday evenings until the end of August so that can definitely pan out. Bloomingon Sheraton, to be exact. I've not been to downtown MSP yet but am gonna venture down there one of these weeks fer sure. My new provider cell is 704-898-3688 for your records or any other friend on the site!

Damn. I must be just a little bit inebriated. Hiccup!

Mmmm...Aaron misses Chicago. He lived there for a little over a year and a half and loved it.

Aaron

MPC

Yep, June is our worst month for severe weather and it's close enough. You'll probably get to see lots of wind and rain.

I'll talk to the Mrs. and give you a call.

We were in Chicago last weekend.

Hafta go back this summer. Too much to see.

Woo hoo! A phone number. I'm going to call MPC at 3 AM and ask him if Mike Hunt is there.

Not 3 but howbout 2?

:cheers:

Cranberry juice? :devil:

You rang? :twitchsmile:

Surement :cheers: (I am drinking it neat).

Chopin martini, straight up, dry, chilled with three olives. Fuck the martini gin ruling!

That could be an expection :devil: Which one? Regular or Black variety?

:laf:

Head for the Hills!

I see the brainwashing has taken effect nicely. :devil:

We were in Chicago last weekend.

Hafta go back this summer. Too much to see.

Bring MPC with you. We'll make it a mini Middle Coast gathering.