DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

My bottoms are impacted, but not causing any problems with pain. So the surgeon gave me a choice. I can leave them in and risk an infection later from food falling in the gaps between them. Or I can take them out now, but risk potentially permanent numbness in my jaw because the teeth are sitting right on a nerve canal. I chose leaving them in and dealing with the infection when and if it comes.

I could have made this post.

Jeez, what people do not invent for fame. On the other hand, Jackson Pollock just as Tadeusz Kantor with their taschist (fascist?) approach were great drinkers and artists.

Dzięgielówka, Polish Benedictine, I am thinking of unskrewing bot of Finlandia Mango Fusion right now, the day was awful but for finishing painting; I am having problems with my employer - they owe some money for my FCE and matura courses, thass be 682 USD since January. :cheers: to all.

Thanks for the well wishes and a pox on those with their horror stories! I'm going to be put to sleep and have all four removed. You can actually see the tip of one as it is ripping through my gum. It is coming in sideways and ramming against my molars. I'm such a big wuss when it comes to pain. I have to wait 'til June 18th to get these suckers removed. Why? There are only two oral surgeons in my town and the lazy bastards only work two days out of the week. Why can't I get a job like that?!

Let's see:

• Affligem Blond abbey ale. I like it. It was a sample to the store I work at, so I'll never see it again.
  • Calamari with asparagus for dinner. Very nice.
  • Spent the last two days (my days off from the store job) helping shear alpacas. A valuable experience. Rewarding in so many ways. I didn't die.
  • When an employer stops paying me, I usually start looking for a new employer. So far mine still pay me.
  • 300 pages!

OK, Martin Miller gin and homemade tonic for me tonight.

As for wisdom teeth... I had mine out in two passes while in college (they were partially breaking through the gums and causing extra crowding of my already overly crowded teeth). Anyway, my dentist at the time was a retired Naval dentist and figured everyone ought to be able to take dentistry without meds! Not being a military man, I demurred and went for the Novocaine (he didn't offer laughing gas, come to think of it, I don't think he even had any). The first two teeth came out without much fanfare. Clearly happy with the outcome, I went obligingly into the second round. The third came out fine, but the last wouldn't budge. The dentist had to cut a groove and use a tool to break it into two pieces. He got most of it out and I dodged the "nerve damaged rictus grin." I still have the beastly teeth in my tool box. I had lots of fun bringing them out while my kids were little and regaling them with wild dental tales! Correction: true dental stories. Now about the dreaded "dry socket"...

Pan Buh, please tell me the high colonic style of painting has been abandoned...

I'm having a Slerpis and some Hennepin to celebrate the end of another day of moving. Oh, my aching muscles!

I'm nursing a glass of Clandestine tonight and trying to remember what the hell I'm supposed to pack for a train ride west tomorrow night. I hope I don't forget the Elk sausage I picked up for MonkeyCurious! ;)

Maybe a little cognac on a rainy Spring night. I do love a nice rain on a metal roof.

...a train ride west tomorrow...

Ah! I've always wanted to take a long train ride. The closest so far was the short ride up Pike's Peak. I missed a chance to ride the train from Durango to Silverton, but the car ride that parallels it is nice. One of my favorite films ("The Grey Fox" with Richard Farnsworth) has some great train scenes. Wish it was released on DVD (or better yet, HD DVD).

Have fun, T73!

I'm having a pink gin made with Bluecoat. It's very good, probably the best use of Bluecoat I've found yet. Pink and blue, this cocktail is having a sexual identity crisis, maybe I should call it the "androgynous"?

Now about the dreaded "dry socket"...

IV valium and mine came out fine. Don't remember a thing. Except the dry socket. :thumbdown:

Pan Buh, please tell me the high colonic style of painting has been abandoned...

Thank Hiram. I resurrected it from the corn field. Shouldn't have, I know, but I keep giggling every time I see it. Nothing like good butt humor for the immature. :)

I'm nursing a glass of Clandestine tonight and trying to remember what the hell I'm supposed to pack for a train ride west tomorrow night.

Happy trails. Wish I was going. Hiram, are you skype capable for drunk dialing?

My wife and I once smuggled our dog on a train from Bratislava to Prague. It was a "no-dog" train, but we really wanted to go. Beautiful black briard. She laid down under the seat and my wife spread out her long, flowing skirt. Slovak conductor. Slovak customs. Czech customs. Czech conductor. Nobody was the wiser. But the conductor sure had a surprised look on his face when he saw us all together on the platform for the Prague metro.

Maybe a little cognac on a rainy Spring night. I do love a nice rain on a metal roof.

Absolutely enchanting. :cheers:

Hope your teeth come out easily Tonks. I have a wisdom teeth extraction horror story as well. I won't tell it in full though. Suffice it to say that one of them exploded in the cuff during extraction. I remember looking up into the "oral surgeon's" face and seeing globs of tooth and blood dripping from his bangs. trust me, you don't ever want to hear your dentist saying the phrase, "Ugh oh, we need the surgery tray over hear NOW!"

Last night... Montana favorites, Cold Smoke Scotch Ale and Pig's Ass Porter

Oh poor Nymphadora......you are all scaring her. Honest..........mine went easily and I hope the same for you. Think positive! :thumbup:

Extracting mine were almost a relief. I was very uncomfortable before but much more relaxed after.

You'll do just fine. ;)

Perique tonight. Sure do like this drink.

Had my first Barleywine at the local brewery..........I had no idea that was so good. It is my new favorite to have in their outdoor garden area while listening to music. :cheers:

:twitchsmile: I had two teeth below the gums done at once on the same side in the military at 19 years old,

the guy wrapped a towel around my head so I guess so I wouldnt see the blood, that scared me more than anything.. :shock:

Duplais Blanche tonite and wishing I was on that train with T73 headiing to the event of the Summer at

WS Central tomarrow!

I also had two, below the gumline, pulled during boot camp when I was 18.

Drinking some Unibroue Éphémère Apple. Not bad . Crisp, not overpowering, with a slight apple taste on the palate.

Wishing I was on my way to the west coast.

:cheers: everyone

OK, Martin Miller gin and homemade tonic for me tonight.

.....snip......

How did you make the tonic? Where did you get the quinine suliphate?

I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 21 and in the NAVY. Two were impacted and I was supposed to have the right side done, then after two weeks go back and have the left side done. After he started and had me numbed and he started on me the Commander stated " this is going real well, why don't we just go ahead and pull all four now?". Of course, the guttural sounds I made were interpreted as an affirmative.

About three months ago I had to have a molar pulled that was not in good enough shape to crown. It was not a pleasant experience. I normally don't get a local for dental work but I did for this.

They suggested an implant, but after insurance it would still cost over $1000, and I grind my teeth at night so I'm not so confident it would last.

I'm at my cousin's house tonight for "drinking practice" so she doesn't get too drunk at her wedding. I'm the matron of honor, so I do what I can :)

Tonight I was drinking Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA. It was really good! I haven't tried a Great Lakes beer yet that I haven't liked. It's very well balanced, the aftertaste is like dried apples.