DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

while remembering the way the Cutty Sark used to look

Didn't realize what you meant until I caught up on the news today. That is really sad.

And while I was waiting, I stumbled upon this! So if you stout hearts haven't blown all your money on booze, you can give that fine old ship a helping hand. :cheers:

Aunt Roberta. "I do not like it, Sam-I-Am. I do not like it, damn!"

A couple of glasses of absinthe to wash out Roberta.

A bottle of Coloring Herb Mead. Very interesting and tasty. Like a Chardonnay with pleasant honey over-tones. Lots of apple, too. Very light and not syrupy sweet or the least bit cloying. An excellent beverage with tonight's fresh Pesto Pizza. :cheers:

Tonight I am taking my second try at Montmartre...I think I liked it last time, but the first taste came late enough in the evening that my memory may not be correct.

A 10 hour work day followed by an Aunt Roberta knocked me out. Literally.

I had one drink over the course of dinner and promptly retired to a recliner for a quick snooze. And snooze I did.

I renamed the drink Aunt Edna. I don't know why. It just seemed right.

The drink must be served very cold. I had to add ice to keep it cold enough. Very small portions are highly recommended. And quality ingredients are a must. I wasn't fond of the chocolate notes in the aftertaste but other than that I found it just darn tasty. It was liquid candy. The ingredients blended nicely. Dangerously nicely. It was a DITA Plus. I don't think I could have even made it to the juniper bushes to fall in them if I had been drinking Aunt Ednas in the Grove.

The chocolate notes came from "The Holy Hand Grenade." :cheers:

I had some VS before dinner. I might try my hand at one of the Clandestines Dan left me while I pack-a pre-emptive strike against travel anxiety.

Tonight it'll be a nice glass of L'Artisanale while remembering the way the Cutty Sark used to look

That is really sad to hear about the Cutty Sark.

I will have a small ceramic cup of "Flevobitter" tonight and remember a happier day when you took me to the shipyards.

Edited by eric

I'm having my first Slerpis tonight. It's yummers! Even the SO, who doesn't like anise, enjoyed it. A Slerpis is the perfect treat to wrap up a day of cleaning and moving. I think we'll do the same tomorrow night. It gives me something to look forward to as I toil away at the new house. :cheers:

Not drinking anything but I really want to. I'm on codeine due to an impacted wisdom tooth. Ouchies! I'm 38 and just now getting wisdom teeth?!

You were dropped on your head when you were young weren't you?

Nymph,

I had all four yanked at once when I was 19. Only liquid food for a week.

One tooth busted during removal, they had to inject two more doses of painkillers into the roof of my mouth while they tryed to rip it out.

Thank heavens I was numb, I could hear and feel the ripping and pulling but thankfully no pain. They wound up leaving it in since it was near a nerve that if cut would have left me no feeling in my lower lip.

I tried drinking a strawberry shake after but couldn't get any suction on the straw, so I had to use a mirror and drop the shake into my mouth, fun stuff. Percocets and beer made it all better though.

Percocets and beer made it all better though.

Yes they can do that. :twitchsmile: A Plymouth pink gin for me in a few minutes. Get better soon Nymphadora!

Dear sweet bejeebus, I'm feeling sympathy pains after hearing these terrible teeth tragedies. I'm also thankful that I don't have wisdom teeth. Heck, I never even got my 12 year molars. I'm some sort of dental freak of nature.

Back to drinks, these teeth stories make me cringe...

I had some Harpoon Peche tonight, not sour at all, but had a real nice musty/dusty taste to it, sort of like peach peels, and it was dry as hell. I'm getting a few more of these to age for awhile, should balance out nicely in a year's time.

Now some pomegranate wheat from Saranac,

OK, crisp wheaty flavor and subtle pomegranate flavor, not too sweet as most fruit beers are. Not something I'd enjoy regularly, but decent none-the-less.

Hope you get better soon, Nymph. They knocked me out to surgically remove my wisdom teeth (none of them had broke through the gum) but I woke up during the last one and felt them pulling out of my skull. It was awful.

Tonight we did some spring cleaning around the liquor shelf, finishing off any absinthe of which we only had a glass or two left. We killed the Lemercier Amer, Serpis 65, Kübler 53, and Jade Eddie.

I happened to find Noilly Prat dry vermouth at the ABC store today. One bottle of it was sitting in the clearance section and wasn't priced. I asked the manager what was up with that, as I didn't even think Noilly Prat was sold in Alabama. He said someone special-ordered a case and then refused to buy it all, so they just put it on clearance to get rid of it. Apparently what was left sold very quickly so maybe that will convince them to start stocking it regularly.

Ouchies! I'm 38 and just now getting wisdom teeth?!

Then the wisdom can't be far behind. ;)

I can't belive I missed that one the first time.

I had all four yanked at once when I was 19. Only liquid food for a week.

Wow, that's really young!

I also had all four out at once, and was eating semi-solid food within 48 hours, if canned chili counts as food, that is.

If there was much pain, all the Percodan™ allowed me not to notice.

Trois Pistoles and Hennepin with dinner last night. We were so busy working the garden, we never got around to drinks.

I still have my wisdom teeth. Not much wisdom, however.

I have some wierd tolerance for pain and medication.

I got my widsom teeth taken out about a year ago now. They were going to knock me out with gas, but after about 10 minutes, the doc came back in and said "OK, we've given you enough gas to kill a horse and we're not seeing any difference in your vitals, so we're going into the vein." They finally knocked me out with about twice the normal dose.

After the surgery, I was eating pizza by dinner time. I didn't even need to take any of the pain meds they gave me.

I swear on my mother that's the truth. My wife was astounded. She tells everyone that story when they get theirs taken out.

Maybe that also has something to do with how hard it is for me to get tipsy. I'm sure some of it has to do with my size (at least the medication an alcohol thing), but would that affect pain too?

Back on point: Paired a Gurkha Beauty with 2/3 Johnny Green, 1/3 Perique on the rocks last night. A wonderful evening.

I was about 20 when all of mine were removed. They gave me some sort of shot in the arm and I laughed through it all and told them to take out whatever they wanted. Tried the pain medicine but didn't like it and really didn't suffer very long. Hope you have a similar experience. Feel better soon!

I was 18 when I had mine removed. I was knocked out also as all mine were impacted, and one root was growing into my jaw. I was back to work the next day. I was heavily medicated and don't remember much of the week after.

I just narrowly dodged a bullet with mine. My bottoms are impacted, but not causing any problems with pain. So the surgeon gave me a choice. I can leave them in and risk an infection later from food falling in the gaps between them. Or I can take them out now, but risk potentially permanent numbness in my jaw because the teeth are sitting right on a nerve canal. I chose leaving them in and dealing with the infection when and if it comes.

Last night, a most unsual glass of brandy.

My bottom is impacted, but not causing any problems with pain.

Um, sorry to hear. Glad it's not painful. Ah, uh, never mind, I'm too "happy" to get away cleanly with an altered quote tonight. Shouldn't have tried. Never mind.

Oh. Several mixes of Slerpis, Balance, Ike, Blanchette, Lautrec, and even Monty. Some tasted good, others not so. Collectively they have worked well. :twitchsmile: