DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Went into our local wine shop for a Rose from Provance......which they were out of. Happily he is finally getting in the one we really wanted to try made by Domaine Ott. Supposed to be wonderful.

Looking in the cooler of special beers we did finally find Ommegong which we just reallly enjoyed out on the deck on a delightful Northwest afternoon. Life is good. :thumbup: Tonight it is off to a 3rd year anniversary party of Water St. Brewery. :devil:

Have fun, and say hi to Skip for Tish, and me, and tell him he missed a generous sample of great absinthe by not getting his lazy butt to represent his Queen Nina at the April Brews Day. :devil: :cheers:

It's been a long day. Vehicle appreciation, a little destruction on the patio, conference call with the boss, ugly oil company rep (pick a body part)., finally get to settle down after a very nice cruise with my precious (sun roof open) followed by a splendid verte. Whew!

Condolences to you and yours LeGimp. I know your pain. Hang tough.

To all you Mothers :cheers:

I got my orange bitters today so of course I had to make a Martini (a no. Ten, Noilly Prat and an almond filled Olive). It's surprising the difference a few drops can make. It gives it a little kick that really compliments things and gives the drink a whole new depth.

Now I'm onto the P31v and some Ghiradelli's 60%. :cheers:

Have fun, and say hi to Skip for Tish, and me, and tell him he missed a generous sample of great absinthe by not getting his lazy butt to represent his Queen Nina at the April Brews Day. :devil: :cheers:

At first he was a no-show there too......but he did stop in and I gave him your message and greetings. He said he did have a good excuse though. He was in Cozumel! Sends his greetings to you-told me you are cool people! B) We weren't there long......way too crowded with young folks enjoying the strange music.

Yes MT.....isn't it amazing what a difference those few drops make? :wave2:

Drinking a Left Hand Milk Stout while I wonder if the race is going to have the same boring, predictable, stupid results as almost all the others have this season (either Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon wins and whichever one doesn't still gets in the top 5).

Sends his greetings to you-told me you are cool people!

Who, us?

He was probably still trippin' balz™ from the last absinthe sample I gave him two years ago. :)

I was right. Jeff Gordon won and Jimmie Johnson got 3rd. That's at least 6 races in a row where one got first and the other was in the top 5. :thumbdown:

Out of 43 drivers every week, it always comes down to those two. And they're on the same team. What a coincidence.

So, wait, the same 43 guys have been making left turn after left turn around the same regulation-size ovals as fast as they can every single week, and it's only just now starting to get boring because the the same two guys keep finishing first?

You should watch some racing.

PLN.BaylissMonza01.jpg

Every person I know who's a fan of a different type of racing than me always says the same thing about "all left turns, just going around ovals" but there really is a ton of strategy on so many different levels in so many different ways that by the third race I watched I found it tremendously fascinating.

But then again, when all of the details and strategy during the race are pointing in the same direction all race long every race, that's boring to me.

So, if perchance, some heretical race sponsor introduced a right-hand turn, just think of the possibilities. Strategy and skill. I'll bet some of those drivers have genetically smaller left arms by now. :devil:

There are two road courses during the season. Left and right turns. They're thinking of adding more.

I find them more boring, actually. They're not all that much slower than the other races but they really seem like it.

Alright, I gotta 'fess-up and admit, when I was I wee whipper-snapper my fav-o-rite racers all went in a straight line. Very loud. Very fast. Lots of diversity. And some really, really cool cars. Then I thought it was pretty cool to see who could go in a circle the fastest. 'til I got bored of that. (Okay, Richard Petty is still kinda an icon, inna bygone kinda way.) Now I gots me some traktor races for laughs and a little later in the season the Rally Bohemia will come rippin' through my village. Gotta love racin' on the roads you drive every day.

The monkeys deposited my Clandestine sampler on the porch this morning. So tonight I think Nathan and I will be sampling CLB while watching Dune, if all goes according to plan. :yahoo:

It's all good, PB. :cheers:

I wish we did have those sorts of spectacles here.

Daniel, why wait? Any time is a good time to louche up!

Sheet, Peridot, I'z just tryin' ta keep ya tawkin' soze I cud see the kewl death meddle transfermer akshun. :cheers:

Damn, too many lawn-mow'n beers today.

sampling CLB while watching Dune

It will put you in mind of "the Spice". I think I might drink the Montmatre while watching Dune, because the descriptions of Melange always made me think of cinnamon.

Peridot, as you say, it's all good, racing is racing. :cheers:

I just wish that nascar was laid out more like the old slot-car tracks, a figure-8 with a bridge over the track. At least then they'd be making L&R turns, and the tires would be the same on both sides, the cars more fully functional.

It always bothered me that nascars are built with tires and suspensions designed to turn only one way. It makes it seem like the guys couldn't drive real cars, and like they don't have to factor tire-wear into their strategy, the way most racers do. (although I'm sure there is still some strategy to preserving your outside tires for adhesion) I've never seen Nascars on a road course, tht might be more interesting to me.

Well, the strategy is there, but it's weird because of the format. Tire wear is an important issue, although I'm sure it's less complex in NASCAR. Outside tires are changed more often than inside tires and people who drive too hard too soon after a pit stop end up hoping for a caution when their tires turn to crap and send them sliding around like on an ice skating rink.

But even though the format is weird don't mistake the drivers as being one-dimensional. Many of the drivers rise to NASCAR from other types of racing. Some do the ovals all their lives, while others like Stewart and Montoya are avid road-racers. Many drivers still race in other championships in totally different types of cars. But I agree that the figure 8 would probably be a cooler format. It's not likely to ever happen, though.

What I love hearing when a road racing champion (or at least someone really competitive) joins NASCAR is "Man, this is the most difficult racing I've ever done. I totally did not expect that."

Back to drinking, I tried the Copper Hook Spring Ale today. It sucks. A friend got some Perique in today but I don't get to try it until tomorrow.

I tried the Copper Hook Spring Ale today. It sucks.
Thanks for taking one for the team. I've been wondering if it wood make a good mowing brew.

Aaah, coffee. I like my coffee like I like my women...in a mug with an ice cube. ;)

Today, gentle WS friends, is the day of my house closing. By noon, if all goes according to plan, I should be drinking a bottle of the Comte Audoin de Dampierre 1998 Grand Cru Millesime.

dampierre.jpg

Who knows what will what will ensue afterwards. Perhaps a bit of the sexy business to christen the new house? :devil:

Congratulations, indeed!

Sounds like a yummy Champagne, Doc.

And I second the request for pics, which must shock you, I'm sure. :devil: :devil:

sampling CLB while watching Dune

It will put you in mind of "the Spice". I think I might drink the Montmatre while watching Dune, because the descriptions of Melange always made me think of cinnamon.

Hey, What are you guys talking about? It sounds stupid. I bet I would hate it.

Aaah, coffee. I like my coffee like I like my women...in a mug with an ice cube. ;)

Today, gentle WS friends, is the day of my house closing. By noon, if all goes according to plan, I should be drinking a bottle of the Comte Audoin de Dampierre 1998 Grand Cru Millesime.

I'm certain Maggie and I can toast your good fortune this evening, Doc. :cheers:

But I bet she's gonna get pissed when I try to stick her in a mug with an ice cube.

Shai - CLB may not be blue but I'm sure it's what the water of life tastes like.

Yeah, you probably wouldn't have liked it. ;)

Congrats on the house, jcbphd! Everyone I know is selling a house right now...

Franklin brandy, Medoff with fanta and tonic and tea, all mixed together for better effects or affects.