DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Yes, I think that is just what you did. The Jades are more substantial and complex. The Kübler is good, but won't stand up to a comparison with the Jades, IMO.

Tonight, I am drinking a nice French rose, Mas Carlot, to celebrate the warm sunny Spring day. I am also trying to wait patiently for my LDF order. :twitchsmile:

Soy milk, followed by some water. Then bed.

Sounds like my new regimen, for the nonce.

Too much beer eating has left me hurtin', so an extended teetotaling is in order.

.... I'm about to place a drunken order from LDF for some 1901, NO, Duplais, Duplais Balance, and CLB + some Perique for good measure and perhaps a bottle of the violette liqueur. Has anyone tried the violette stuff? It sounds enjoyable, perhaps as an addition to a variety of beverages.

I got mine last week. The color is almost false- similar to purple ice pops of my youth which were very good but certainly not what I was looking for. The scent is clearly Violet- condensed, too sweet in its bottled form. The taste - again - potential- biut too strong.

In its pure form it looses its delight. Its too much Violet to handle.

I then mixed in with a smooth vodka & splash (tiny yet there) of cranberry. The cranberry caused my taste buds to notice the flavor of the flower much better. Served it up chilled in a martini glass & called it a Violet Delight- very delish. aah what a surprise!

I may have to order me another bottle- its not a regular on their site & I will be very sad to see it go.

Edited by Hunnibunni

Flying monkey visited again with my vertes...trying Montmartre for the first time. I like it - definately different from the others I have tried and I liked it best without much water (2:1 almost 1 1/2:1). Not my favorite, but it sure has a place in the line up. The 1L of Duplais means I can finish that last glass in my first bottle! Woot!!! OK, looks like it was TWO glasses, oh my....

You really have got to love the litres. All the Duplais varieties are available by the litre now, thanks Markus! :thumbup:

Tonight, after a few weeks of abstaining, a non-bittered Tanqueray Martini for me. :cheers:

Regan's bitters is cheaper directly from the source. Fast shipping too. Here is a source for Fee's. Lot's more if you just google for it.

Just for Absomphe.......we enjoyed an Abyss tonight. :wave2:

Too much beer eating has left me hurtin', so an extended teetotaling is in order.

Say it ain't so. I thought drinking beer would keep me healthy, wealthy and impervious to rain, sleet and snow until I was at least 85. My hopes are dashed. Absomphe, you have let me down. I hope the newer, kinder, more sober Absomphe recoups his lost vitality double-time. B)

Well, Pan, that's what I get for going so lightly on the absinthe this year...see, that's the stuff that really preserves you, and at that strength, it should.

Bluescat, I hope you relished that Abyss...somebody has to. :cheers:

A little bit of something green to welcome the weekend. Must remember to be moderate tonight. Tomorrow is the 7th annual "traktor" races in our village. Becoming quite a major event. The mud will fly and the beer will flow. And, it looks like the rain will fall.

I'm about to go meet a client who's project has been largely ignored for a week. I have to bullshit my way through another meeting. great. When it's over, I will have some Pontarier. Then some Cusenier followed by some Pontarlier and so on. No moderation for me tonight.

Sigh. No flying monkies yet. :no: I guess I'll have to settle for some Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir instead. :)

I'm seeing some dear old friends tomorrow night and am saving my last bit of Jade Eddy for then. In the meantime, a glass of duplais is about to become a reality, as soon as this Pat Metheny tune I'm listening to is over! :cheers:

I had a productive day at work with no traffic problems followed by a three hour power nap.

Now I'm having a little blanche to ease back into the waking world and begin the weekend.

Life is good. :cheers:

I'm trying for osmosis.

Lost a MIL last week. Then on Tuesday when I went to hospital to visit a biker buddy of mine who was in to have his colostomy reversed, they were unhooking the life support equiptment while I stood in the hall way. I ended up praying with his daughters and wife.

The past week and a half have just plain sucked.

A few P31v's and an Eichelberger for me last night. Both have aged very well, the P31v especially it's so buttery smooth now.

Sorry to hear of your friend Le Gimp.

F'n A. The races were a blast today. Soaked up lots of suds and enjoyed lots of laughs. You gotta unnerstand, these are my neighbors on their cannablized old bikes turned into 3-wheelers for hauling hay and sundry around the rolling countryside as they care for their land and livestock. And four-wheelers from any salvaged bits and pieces they could put together with spit and baling wire. Actually, more resourceful than that. Gimp, you were in my mind and heart all afternoon. I know you could have welded together something that would not only have been comparable to what this was all about, but with enough finesse to stand on the podium at the end. Here it's a bit of an homage to the way they had to make and keep everything working in spite of the fact that the gov't didn't work and anything of value was sold to the west for hard currency. Had to have brought a couple thousand spectators in to line our village's coffers. Great day.

I'm having a Behemoth Barleywine from Three Floyd's to celebrate a successful day of brewing. Although the temptation to turn my eyes once more toward the Darkness is strong.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses, Gimp. May your memories of their lives be fond and bring a smile to your heart.