DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Hopefully it will be a matter of just a few weeks and I can walk up the street from work for happy hour and have one or five. :cheers:

ps You folks don't know how much pain you're causing Absomphe and the Elf whenever you mention Generic Beer.

Have at it.

I've found my all time favoritist session beer. Bell's Amber.

Speak for yoursElf, it sure causes me pain.

And Bell's Amber is a fine session beer, but that's not the same as a generic beer...Bell's is way to terrific a brewery to fall into that category, even if their amber is as generic as their beer gets. :)

Finishing off the growler of Flyer's 140 Scotch Ale I brought home from the brewery on Cinco de Mayo...still carbonated, and delicious.

I was by no means putting Bell's Amber in the same class as crappy generic beers. I was shifting gears, hence a new paragraph. It was just what I was drinking yesterday and wanted to let others in on it. I thought you knew better of me.

Really loving the Rodenbach.

Man, I don't blame you. If you can get it, pick up a bottle of Panil Barrique. It'll blow your mind.

I haven't been around here in a while. So much going on. Hello all!

Having a Southern Tier Un*Earthly IPA.

Good to see you again, Stomp! :cheers:

Something white.

Something filled with juniper.

Something green.

I might just make it through this week.

The flying monkey made a visit so tonight we start with La Ptite, go to Clandestine and finish with Brut D'Alambic...one must make sure none of the bottles spoiled in transit, eh?

Man, I don't blame you. If you can get it, pick up a bottle of Panil Barrique. It'll blow your mind.

It's not carried around here. But I'll remember the name and keep a look out while travelling or shopping online. :cheers:

Starting my evening with tonight's flying monkey delivery, via usps, of the Duplais Balance. I was hoping it would taste, to a greater degree, different than the other two Duplais I have tried. Alas, not enough, as thus far I am unhappy with the "swampiness" that I perceive. From the reviews I've read, I had thought it was the coriander, but I can't tell now. Oh well, maybe another glass will set my mind right, who knows?

Swampy? WTF? Unless you and I just taste things utterly differently, you've got a bad bottle. It's really crisp and fresh tasting to me. Whatever's making it swampy certainly is not the coriander.

Well, this certainly wouldn't be the first time I had no idea what my taste buds were telling me. All I know is that I've had three tastes now, on two different occasions, where my first though on smelling or tasting any Duplais was, "hey who took off their shoes in here"!

Believe me, I was really hoping to be put right about this. Every Jade I've tried, I've loved. The VdF was a tad bitter, but tasty. This is different though, and since it's been consistent even across other people's bottles, must me be! B)

I'll just have to keep drinking it until my mind gets changed. :devil:

If you can get it, pick up a bottle of Panil Barrique. It'll blow your mind.

Damn, when did Stomp start drinking great beers?

And Italian sour ones no less.

Well, this certainly wouldn't be the first time I had no idea what my taste buds were telling me. All I know is that I've had three tastes now, on two different occasions, where my first though on smelling or tasting any Duplais was, "hey who took off their shoes in here"!

Believe me, I was really hoping to be put right about this. Every Jade I've tried, I've loved. The VdF was a tad bitter, but tasty. This is different though, and since it's been consistent even across other people's bottles, must me be! B)

I'll just have to keep drinking it until my mind gets changed. :devil:

We keep drinking ours. We keep liking ours. I still say it smells like a showroom of new tires. That's not bad... I'm just sayin'.

Napoleon Franklin bottled in the 90's or who cares, quite in the vein "Hey, I am not brandy", LCV and Scotch coffee to top it off, tomorrow I shall be making another but with much more cream that went flat.

Oh, boy. I got to try the Rodenbach for the first time, last month. It really was incredible. It hurt at first, but then it hurt less.

Just what I was wondering.

Stomp, did you find that one in Toronto, or did you have to make a pilgrimage across the border.

No, wait, no shop in Buffalo would never carry such an excellent brew, would it?

Regarding the smell of the Duplais products, I wouldn't describe it as swampy, as that to me equates to musty-moldy. I've mentioned before that it and some others, Bovet come to mind, reminds me of the nuttiness of olive juice. Perhaps it's a trait of the base, but I dig it. Let me know if you'd like to pawn it off.

Stomp, did you find that one in Toronto, or did you have to make a pilgrimage across the border.

No, wait, no shop in Buffalo would never carry such an excellent brew, would it?

Just what I was wondering... when I was bangin' in Buffalo (aka going to Buffalo State) we would head over the Peace Bridge and pick up Molson's Bradors or John Labatt's Extra Stock. That, some chicken wings, and Hockey night in Canada... what else could one want?! Kick save and a beauty!

Just what I was wondering... when I was bangin' in Buffalo (aka going to Buffalo State) we would head over the Peace Bridge and pick up Molson's Bradors or John Labatt's Extra Stock.

And those were the good beers, back in those halcyon daze, along with the original Molson Stock Ale.

All I know is that I've had three tastes now, on two different occasions, where my first though on smelling or tasting any Duplais was, "hey who took off their shoes in here"!
I still say it smells like a showroom of new tires. That's not bad... I'm just sayin'.

You guys sure do know how to promote a product. I'd think about changing your sensory based pitch.

Have you tried gargling to bring out some of the less prominent flavors and aromas? ;)

I'm enjoying a lovely 2003 Adelaida SLO ZIN courtesy of a good friend.

:cheers: to all!

This evening is just right for Delicate sampling. A very nice blanche, then a verte. I should have had more of both. Then a wormwood bomb that was quite fun and amusing. I had to sneak up on the sour puss without making a sound. No bruises so far. ;) What a grand Tuesday that started out more like a well developed Monday. Good friends are just that. Joy, joy, joy, more ice, more joy. :)

Ya'll have a good evening, I am. :cheers:

Just what I was wondering.

Hey guys, I've been talking about drinking great beer for awhile around here!

Southern Tier actually DOES have an agent in Ontario, so we are able to get their products here. Gotta go through the agent though (unless you buy a bottle in a bar), but most of their beers are represented (and all the great ones for that matter).

But you can also find their line-up at Premier Gourmet.

...oh wait, you meant Panil Barrique. It's represented here in Ontario as well. Same agent I believe. Good price too: $12.50 CDN. I remember it being about $16.95 USD at Premier Gourmet.

Lagunitas IPA for me tonight. This one is from Buffalo.

One of the joys of living in a small town: Orange bitters? sure we can get orange bitters, They'll be here next wednesday. Next wednesday: Well I think he forgot to add it to the order, check back next wednesday. Next wednesday: We can't get that. :twitchsmile:

Orange bitters from online it shall be.

Same song and dance just to the north.

Maggie and I will settle for a slightly less than original martini with Plymouth gin. Mmmm.

Whetting my appetite with a delicate blanche with, I believe, a hint of chamomile. Going to follow it with an after-dinner pyment.

I am mildly enjoying Kübler & I am not sure if I am loving it.

It seems a bit... weak (?) though I have played with the dilutions. The Jades I tried seemed to have more body (is that right :unsure: ???)

I may have spoiled myself forever with my 1st drinks of Jades.