DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I was fourth in line for tickets. I stood in line 4 hours. By the time the first person got up to the counter, all that was left was lawn tickets! Only the first 6 of us in line got tickets, to the chagrin of the hundred people in line. All I knows is I gots mine! Tickets are already up on EBay for about $150 each for lawn. Now time for a celebratory cerveza while I plan the Cinco de Mayo menu for tonight.

By the time the first person got up to the counter, all that was left was lawn tickets! Only the first 6 of us in line got tickets, to the chagrin of the hundred people in line.

How does that happen, exactly? Is this just scalping, or were they selling tickets elsewhere?

Glad you got your ticket! Sounds like a good show. You'll have to tell us how it is.

A refreshing glass of green from Duplais. :cheers:

We visited some new friends this afternoon and of course, took along a bottle of absinthe. Maggie offered a drink, he took a sip and said, "Aniseed? Mmmm!" What a pleasant change from hearing, "Licorice?" They vaguely knew of absinthe but I'm delighted to say, they knew none of the old myths. I'll look forward to the next green hour with them.

You folks don't know how much pain you're causing Absomphe and the Elf whenever you mention Generic Beer.

Macrobrew = Dazsick.gif

Having some P31V tonight I believe.

I'm not drunk, yet. Tonight I'm sipping a most delightful verte. Soft and dreamy. This reminds me of the last event I attended. Extremely pleasant and quite nice. A gift from some very generous and talented souls.

Thanks!

To Saturday evening :cheers:

Earlier today it was mint juleps in silver cups while we watched all 2 minutes of the Kentucky Derby. Now it's margaritas for Cinco de Mayo. :cheers:

I'm about to place a drunken order from LDF for some 1901, NO, Duplais, Duplais Balance, and CLB + some Perique for good measure and perhaps a bottle of the violette liqueur. Has anyone tried the violette stuff? It sounds enjoyable, perhaps as an addition to a variety of beverages.

Nice order, Doc! Obviously, I went into the wrong profession. Let me know if you need any help moving that into your bar. Just striving to be a gentleman, of course. ;)

Well, AD I'm sure you'll have a blast, even with lawn tickets. That line up looks to be plenty of head-bangin' fun, from what I can see.

My Duplais Balance will be here on Wednesday, and my Razzouk arak will be here on Saturday, so I'm celebrating with something called an IRS Cocktail. Apropos to the "letter" I got yesterday! They're very bitter, so I guess that's about right.

Maybe a run and coke next though. :cheers:

Geez, Doc, next thing you know is you'll be hiring a gardener for the new estate. ;)

Maybe a run and coke next

Um, crack, you mean?

Flyer's 140, and a Belgian Tripel style ale yesterday, on tap at the brewery, followed by mint juleps, Reposado tequila, and more of the two Flyer's ales.

Hurtin' today, fo' sho'.

I'll second that last sentiment. Another glass of dihydrogen monoxide, please.

Feeling fine here after a glass of 1901. However I learned something:don't use natural brown sugar cubes! I brought home some from the coffee shop to try and it doesn't taste bad but it creates a pretty ugly brownish concoction. I apologized to the green fairy!

Every joint aches. A day of cutting trees, peeling logs and erecting another pergola in the forest.

Something green, please. :dribble:

And a small handful of aspirin...

Every joint, T? :devil:

Feeling fine here after a glass of 1901. However I learned something:don't use natural brown sugar cubes! I brought home some from the coffee shop to try and it doesn't taste bad but it creates a pretty ugly brownish concoction. I apologized to the green fairy!

I've tried Demarara sugar cubes in absinthe, and they simply impart too much of a non-neutrally sweet flavor which tends to mask any subtle nuances in an absinthe. They're just too overpowering.

Every joint, T?

I asked Maggie to find one that didn't hurt and she smacked me in the back of the head.

A little glass of Laphroaig.

It's 8:00 a.m. here, so just an impeccably made espresso at the hotel with the nicest crema I've seen so far. I don't take sugar with my espresso, but if I did, I'm sure the crema is thick enough to hold a whole packet.

Last night it was dining at a hole in the wall restaurant with some good house wine, a dandelion salad, and some unbelievable pizza.

Hoping to hook up with Rabelais today or Wednesday!

I'll second that last sentiment. Another glass of dihydrogen monoxide, please.

Now THAT made gin come right outta my nose! :laf:

ps You folks don't know how much pain you're causing Absomphe and the Elf whenever you mention Generic Beer.
Have at it.

I've found my all time favoritist session beer. Bell's Amber. Unbelievably smooth and balanced. Head that looked like a southern cheese biscuit with little orange yeast spots on top that hung around for about 5 minutes. Great retention with lacing all the way top the bottom. Taste of citrus balanced with slight sweet caramel. Beautiful orange/red tint similar to Sierra Celebration and Dogfish 60.

Today I'm having Ommegang Witte and Rodenbach Grand Cru, neither of which have ever been available before here.

Really loving the Rodenbach.