DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Had a little bit of drama with the Duplais, actually. It was actually sort of a surprise, entailing many trips to the post office and a very anise-y smelling package..

Sealed intact bottles don't usually give up their aromas. Everything okay? Remember to take photos. If you used one of the recommended sellers it's likely they will mourn any losses in an appreciable way.

The bottle was leaking through the cork. The vendor is shipping a new bottle. The first bottle isn't ruined, it was more 'seeping' than 'leaking copiously', mind you.

I didn't think to take pics after they offered to replace (which was VERY quick indeed).

But Shai, I didn't know you were being self-referential writing about "those that come in hot and then just... poof." :devil:

Don't worry, it doesn't change my opinion of you one bit. :cheers:

Had a Terrapin RPA on tap while I was there.
Yummy. Wait until you get to try the Rye². Crazy-good.

Oh, New Holland Red Tulip and Harpoon Brown.

I am going to have to talk to Pensieve about discretion. Although I am getting a little too old for that problem.

Tonight is our preview so I may or may not have a beverage. I have found that playing a cognitively delayed, maloderous, lecher is a bit easier with a wee nip. I had a flask of Arak and Rumble Mintz last night but the female lead kept drinking it straight. She said, "I don't like strong alcohol but this just tastes like candy." I don't know about mixing theater and alcohol. There is a fine line between releasing your inner Jud Fry and forgetting a line.

I was once in a production of Juno and the Paycock where the guys playing Joxer and the Paycock (a pair of drunks) decided to take the direct approach to creating their characters. The theater had a bar in it--right in the actual theater--so in between scenes, they would be found shuttling beer from the bar to the backstage. One night, they decided I should be in on the act. There was a bit in the show where my character sees a ghost and needs a good slug of whiskey to calm him down, so one night they got a bottle of Glen Fiddich and poured me a good three shots of it. Which I had to down in one gulp. It was a nice moment, but it didn't make the rest of the night go any easier. Luckily, my character slept most of the second act.

Sipping on two fingers of the Balvenie New Wood 17 yo while working on some files.

Has anyone tried this yet? It's completely different than any other scotch I've ever had, since it's aged in new wood barrels. I can see many scotch drinkers not caring for the flavor, but for me it's intriguing, and I can appreciate it for what it is, instead of what some people might think it should be.

I don't know about mixing theater and alcohol.
In 1977, on a tour stop in Galveston Texas, I dropped a tab of acid one hour before curtain for "Love's Labour's Lost."

Onstage, I remember feeling deep kinship with every stage light in the blue-violet spectrum......then suddenly knowing — knowing! — that our production was but a transparent membrane stretched over the entire history of theater, and that the past was ALIVE and happening NOW.

Don't ask. :paperbag3:

Yeah, I'm pretty much with you Nymph. Our take on Jud is a bit different than the traditional. We are going for the cognitively impaired and volatile. It should get some sympathy that is hard to find for a R&H style bad guy. I find that I have a hard time with the slowness required for a character who is none too bright. I have been experimenting and have found that a little ETOH helps slow me down some. That is something I would never want in creating a normal or witty character.

I would be TERRIFIED to be under the influence of anything while performing. Performing on acid? Maybe if I was in Hair.
I make no excuses for myself. It was an incredibly unprofessional thing to do.

I have no qualms about mixing a wee nip and theatre.

Does it impair functioning? Does it result in negative consequences? Does it cause harm to yourself or others? If the answer is no to all three, then by all means, enjoy.

I have had a flask of tequila backstage at almost every performance I've been in. It was a social event, I have a blast (most of the time) and everyone enjoys the show (most of the time). Everyone wins-- The audience and the company. I've watched tech guys roll in the floor crying over things happening on stage. And for the right reasons at that. But that is a story for another thread. ;)

This thread is about drunk posting. And that is what I'm doing. A dear friend sent us some samples of CO's that we had not yet had the opportunity to try. I tucked right on in before eating dinner. I started with the La P'tite. A nice, balanced, herbal bomb. I'd definitely drink it again. I'd put it up there along side CLB any day. Which is what I had next. Yum. Still my favorite all purpose medicinal. And I mean that with true respect.

:cheers: to all!

Hey ShaiHulud, Dude, you are so method. :devil:

I can't wait to see you and Pensieve on stage. :yahoo:

Brooks, that was TX in 1977. You know you had to do it. B)

Hiram, have I used my emotion quota for the day? Hi to the Mrs. :wave2:

Oh, me first, me first. I never make it to any of the events either. :pirate:

Boveresse just happens to be the less pricey option for me.

You are not alone.

How 'bout this?

Two glasses of PF 1901 to celebrate 38 years!

Happy Anniversary Bluescat & Sonny Mann.

To 38 years more...

Toast_Post.jpg

All the best from T73 & Maggie the Cat

Happy Anniversary Bluescat & Sonny Mann.

To 38 years more...

Wow! 38 years. I will celebrate with you tonight after work. Congratulations!

Wow, 38 years, it's astonishing!

So, you think you folks will last?

Congratulations, you amazing kids!

I only wish the Bell's could have been ringing for you tonight ;) , but I'm sure you'll find a suitable absinthe to toast (and toast again, and again with)...and, of course, there's always The Abyss in the bullpen. :cheers: